Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: [ISG] Dungeon Defiender  (Read 9235 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: [ISG] Dungeon Defiender
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2014, 11:37:04 am »

I think a gender neutral Tiefling named Acherza the Wrathful would be a good physical manifestation.
+1. Female
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2014, 11:52:35 am »

The tiefling is labelled as lacklustre even in the game. No tiefling. Watcher, then. Gender neutral, fine, whatever, not like it'll have any real effect.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2014, 02:11:30 pm »

Sbould Duergar be dishonourable?
You have it as honourable creatures won't want to serve them...

That is as intended. I mean, killing the current king just to assume his position, does normally not make one friends with his people. Even though you would technically be their new king / queen. In this specific scenario, it actually shows that you are willing to forsake them, which earns you quite the respect with dishonourable beings.

On another note, you will get to choose among three different locations next post, your second will be introduced, and then it is off to the core-game.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2014, 02:46:52 pm »

Other: Human:
As a moderately new race they are the focus of attention.
Pro: Increased Infamy and Prestige gain. More likely to succeed at Diplomatics.
Cons: Slightly below average strength. Increased Infamy and Prestige loss.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2014, 04:44:39 pm »

+1 to Gender-neutral Watcher named High Cleric Acherza

Are spells of unholy healing/buffing available? If not, then Archpriest Acherza

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2014, 11:01:06 pm »

Hooray for compromise! I'm changing my vote to this.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2014, 11:17:40 pm »

+1, this sounds good.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2014, 02:01:55 am »

+1, this sounds good.
Well, why not? Changed.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2014, 04:45:53 pm »

+1, this sounds good.
Well, why not? Changed.
+1

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2014, 05:28:30 pm »

Spire of Evil, Seat of the High Council of the Forces of Evil
Your Chambers

Picking up the quill – gryphon feather, or so you were told – with one of your dominant stalks, you begin to fill out the form carefully. First of your name, Acherza, then your gender – Neutral, and lastly, your oh so mysterious race. Not like the neutral would not have given it away already – to the best of your knowledge, there exist only one race without a gender in the forces of evil, and thus, by the process of elimination, you are indeed a Watcher.
As for your title, you somehow made up your mind some time ago. If your realm is to be the caverns of armok's chosen, then obviously you are fit to be the High Cleric thereof. After finishing the document, you slightly hold your breath, but the surprise gets you either way, as this time - nothing happens. It seems the high council wants you to hand that document in by hand, most likely in person even.

Setting the document aside, you are about to direct your attention at some letters – being a famed Mage has left you with a good deal of pupils, a few of which seem compelled to follow you. Actually, all of them left you as soon as it was made known that you were participating in the certified leadership exam. Crawling back now that you have won the same? How very shameless of them – You can't bring yourself to say that you dislike it though.

~

After some moments of looking through these letters, the door to your chamber is thrown open with great force, crashing into the already plenty marred wall besides. What enters is a frail looking woman with white skin, her slightly pointed ears peaking through her shoulder-long auburn hair.
You have it on good authority that her facial features are considered especially fair by non-beasts, but speaking as an eye-person, her scarlet pair of pupils just doesn't do the trick for you. Leaving the matter of aesthetics aside, your second is currently busying herself with putting some maps on an empty table. 

"Rhiannon. Manners." , you scold, but already know the futility of this endeavour. She has proven very resistant against learning not to damage your abode, and is the sole reason why it is lit so uncharacteristicly well for a dweller of the dark.
Beaming a smile as an answer, her reply is as unapologetic as ever.
"Hush, Mistress. The maps are here!" Leaving aside the matter of your supposedly female gender – another matter that she has proven very resistant in learning – you take a look at the parchments now displayed on the desk, commenting and thinking on them in turn.

~

"Veni Coast. The council decided that they want some presence there, in case that the Vorii-Elves that live east of the mountains want to expand beyond them. Wyvern reports tell of some savage tribes in the area, Naga have found no indication of dominion forces in the bay or upstream. Duergar have found two promising sites – one  by The River, one further up by The Mountainside."

Stroking your chin with one of your many appendages, you listen to the mare without interrupting. "Harassing the Vorii?", you ask. "Expected of anyone who takes the job. Not like there is much else to do there either." Nodding in agreement, you also feel that this task might be below your skill.

"Slosud Highlands. Expected to become a main theatre soon, as both we and the dominions try to gain influence over the local tribes. They either want us holing up by The Ford, or fortifying The Pass up in the mountains, as both would deter the forces of Fae and Humans who live in the south from interfering too easily.

There are also some lizardkin tribes in the delta, which are informally allied with us over one of the hydra councillors, but they already have their hands full with merfolk which try to get ahold of the river." Rhiannon gives a savage grin. "Said hydra had some Kelpies support his charges, and they would have heard of pegasi up in the mountains..."
Ignoring her pleading eyes – you really don't want to choose accordingly to her racial grudges – you carry on to the final map.

This time, no explanation by her is necessary. You both know that area, and even campaigned there twice in the last four years. "... they want to send further troops there? I thought we lost all holdings by Beres'nali? "
Her only answer is a shrug. Said lake and his rivers are the gateway to Tetrith Onol, once a roost to the black dragons, but now infested with dwarves instead. With the previous tenant a high-councillor, and intent on taking back his home, it is one of the most fought over stretches of land, the war over it already going on for over three centuries, with no end in sight. You shake your head, not sure who ever would take to this task.
"Well, you might have first pick this year, but I doubt anybody expects us to take this one. We are barely holding on to the waters of the lake, and some of the air above it. Still, they suggested we either Burrow Somewhere in the desert near it, or build a staging point in the Southern Mountains."

~

Leaving the matter of your future realm for later, Rhiannon informs you that – unsurprisingly – goblins and direbats will be of service to you, with some volunteers joining on their own. Anything else should depend on where you go, with maybe even minotaurs available if you choose to try your luck on the later battlefield.

Follower Revealed:

Rhiannon
Female Night-Mare
Lesser Fiend / Officer
Skirmisher

You can also vote on a glow for Acherza and Rhiannon

So~, we are finally closing in on the game. As you have taken a Watcher, we automatically have become a Mage. As for the question of High Cleric / Archpriest, Armok could indeed be invoked for unholy buffings. Only that it would be as much of a curse as it is a buff. Incidentially, he has quite the following among the minotaurs. As for him dishing out healing, I... don't really think so, truth be told.

I tried to break up the text a bit, to make it less wall of text. Well, let's see how it looks once it is out of preview mode...

Else, I am somehow not satisfied with the current watcher pic, so "we" will be revealed later. Well, it's nothing more than a close-up of the head, so there's that. Happy voting~ ;3

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2014, 05:42:00 pm »

Slosud Highlands, fortifying The Pass
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2014, 05:42:24 pm »

I vote southern mountains, and I think we should get a violet glow for Acherza.

Are we a floating eyeball?

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2014, 05:43:04 pm »

We claim The Pass!

So would curse-buffs be like inducing a berserk rage on our minions, or using our spells to force them into combat? Stuff like that?

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2014, 05:55:50 pm »

Are we a floating eyeball?

Kinda. We are suspended in the air on multiple stalks, which function as hands and feet all the same. We are also not limited to being just an eye, but do have a head that is somewhat centered around it. Eh, you'll see it soon enough. Well, kinda.

So would curse-buffs be like inducing a berserk rage on our minions, or using our spells to force them into combat? Stuff like that?
Suicidal berserk rage, with health demerits sounds about right. The combat mechanics themself are fairly easy, without requiring rolls for most of it, but abilities are far less limited.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2014, 02:43:04 am »

I think we should get a violet glow for Acherza.
Totally agreed.

Also, The Pass!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6