Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "regained their senses after an initial period of questionable judgement"  (Read 3122 times)

lukstra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The fortress of Heavywires was going through a period of peace, with no sieges and profitable trading with mountainhomes. However the liaison almost always said: "The world is the same as ever". So I decided to poke around in legends mode. At the very end of the world log was the line:
"In the early winter of 59, The Machine of Amber of the Ink of Scars at the settlement of Heavywires regained their senses after a period of questionable judgement"
Ha! How apt a description of a player controlled fortress!

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
Re: "regained their senses after an initial period of questionable judgement"
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 08:49:15 pm »

The fortress of Heavywires was going through a period of peace, with no sieges and profitable trading with mountainhomes. However the liaison almost always said: "The world is the same as ever". So I decided to poke around in legends mode. At the very end of the world log was the line:
"In the early winter of 59, The Machine of Amber of the Ink of Scars at the settlement of Heavywires regained their senses after a period of questionable judgement"
Ha! How apt a description of a player controlled fortress!

Hhs first time I saw that I was all "Well played, Toady.  Well played!"
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 09:14:22 am »

Hah, legends mode is always cool. I had a hydra who's first kill was a giant toad. Gotta start small...  ;D
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"
Brother: "SOFT HANDS!"

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 11:29:14 am »

Hah, legends mode is always cool. I had a hydra who's first kill was a giant toad. Gotta start small...  ;D

Hail that hydra.  ;D
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

bigjaredmonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace-ace ace-ace of ace-aces
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 11:32:38 am »

i had a giant dingo kill me in adventure mode, it had a full name and title because it bit the head off of a bronze colossus.
This is a birch door. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. This object menaces with spikes of chicken leather. This object menaces with spikes of chicken leather. On the item is an image of ravens in birch.
Noob fortress, a succession game for noobs.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=157847.0