Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: You are a soul shard  (Read 5751 times)

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
You are a soul shard
« on: September 19, 2014, 02:05:06 pm »

In ancient days, in a time before time, thousands of great power beings of incomprehensible  called Angeleuses and Daemons and Ogachis and other names lost to history exsisted in a formless void fighting and fighting, and gradually,two mighty ones grew from the most numerous types, the Angeleuses and Daemons . These mighty ones became kings above them, called the Great Old Ones.

And so it came to pass that the Great Old Ones chose servants, called Elder Gods, and thety in turn chose their own servants, and so on and so forth. But many Daemons and Ogachis refused. the Great Old Ones ignored this, and together with their servants, forged worlds, but those who refused cast it apart, shattering it. So the Great Old Ones chose to trap the rebels in prisons that could only be unlocked if the correct essence was touched. They surrounded these prisons with massive fortresses filled with deadly monsters and traps, and then locked the essences in forms called Genesis Shards, which were surrounded by even more dangerous fortresses. Then they built great worlds, but some of the Angeleuses and ones whose names were forgotten were trapped in prisons of their own. However all these beings could release tiny pieces of themselves, called soul shards, to make champions, who they hoped, would bring them freedom. You are one such shard, and you story begins now...

You feel a seperation within you and a tiny fraction of your power and knowledge and sapience breaks off. if any onlookers saw this, they would see a...

great flash of pure, blinding light which promises glory and gold to those with goodness in their hearts
(Angeleus, some type of good)
 great, corruptive shroud of darkness, filled with malevolence and hear a thin, malicous laughter(Daemon, some type of evil)
great, insane flash of madness, filled with strange visions and impossibilities(Broken one, some type of orange or blue)
massive dancing sheen of many colors, blending in a dsiplay of prismatic light(Ogachi, some type of chaotic) 
 great column of fire stretching to the sky promising just retribution for crime( Norega, some type of lawful)
Something else( forgotten one, please describe and state alignment.)

and as you taste the air for the first time in years, you realize it has been

centuries, and civilizations are just banding together in scattered tribes

millenia, and mighty empires are rising

eons, and a new empire has formed and conquered, but has begun collapsing under it's own weight

longer, and a period of chaos and petty warlords and city-states where nothing is certain
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 02:26:40 pm by Urist Mc Dwarf »

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a soul shard
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 02:26:49 pm »

Reserved

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 02:44:06 pm »

Reserved

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 03:04:23 pm »

They would see a bright writhing burst of sickly orange, green, and purple light, reminiscent of tentacles and many eyed appendages. Too vast for the mortal mind to comprehend, chaotic but orderly, paradoxical but perfectly linear. Madness and Insanity linger as the lights die down.

It has been Eons. Long have we slept. The world seems to have become rather dull. Nowhere near enough Madness. Perhaps we should liven things up a bit~? Some Cheese perhaps? We could use a good wheel of Cheese.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 05:28:02 pm »

massive dancing sheen of many colors, blending in a dsiplay of prismatic light(Ogachi, some type of chaotic)  can we be chaotic change? like neither good nor evil but just trying to shake things up?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2014, 05:38:43 pm »

Chaotic Change is basically my suggestion with a hint of madness and a teaspoon of Eldritch~

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2014, 06:37:23 pm »

massive dancing sheen of many colors, blending in a dsiplay of prismatic light(Ogachi, some type of chaotic)  can we be chaotic change? like neither good nor evil but just trying to shake things up?
that would be chaotic neutral.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2014, 06:44:43 pm »

+1
Insanity is getting stale.
Take a closer look at this text!

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2014, 08:45:57 pm »

that would be chaotic neutral.
Yeah but most chaotic "neutral" people are all about spreading craziness as opposed to just change.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2014, 08:47:47 pm »

^See, that's about your interpretation of it and how you play it, though. It can >still< be chaotic neutral.
Just like Paladins don't have to be dicks and healing magic can be viewed as a type of chaos magic because it screws up the will of the universe or something.
Take a closer look at this text!

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2014, 08:53:24 pm »

^See, that's about your interpretation of it and how you play it, though. It can >still< be chaotic neutral.
Just like Paladins don't have to be dicks and healing magic can be viewed as a type of chaos magic because it screws up the will of the universe or something.
Exactly! Whenever I try to explain this to someone they think I'm trying to make, and I quote: "an average G rated trickster god."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2014, 09:05:38 pm »

Exactly! Whenever I try to explain this to someone they think I'm trying to make, and I quote: "an average G rated trickster god."
Did someone say Trickster god~?

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2014, 09:45:16 pm »

Did someone say Trickster god~?
wwhat is this? i said trickster cod not trickster mode! pathetic peasant.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2014, 10:48:18 pm »

Perhaps a god that instead of trickstering, we are trying to pull things from the shadows just to see how they will react? With just a scientific mind unguided by good nor evil? Perhaps industrious smoke, and sparks in cloud formation?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 10:55:41 pm by HissinhWalnuts »
Crack-a-lack-a

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2014, 10:30:15 am »

So far Ogachi and eons are in the lead
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5