Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Let's Read Headshoots... Is on hiatus until christmas  (Read 3342 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Read Headshoots
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2014, 11:07:11 am »

Thank the Gods.  I was getting worried enough to consider bumping.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2014, 11:50:52 am »

More! Huzzah!
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

drageuth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2014, 08:43:52 am »

More! Huzzah!

Well, okay.  But only because I like your moxie.

Quote from: pisskop
Thank the Gods.  I was getting worried enough to consider bumping.

I'm really, really sorry about that.  It was just a rolling series of disasters almost on the level of what's happening in the fort right now.

Speaking of, how about *that,* eh?  They've gone full Berlin.

drageuth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2014, 06:47:10 am »

I came here to kick ass and post an update... And I'm all out of ass.

Short episode, but I worked extra to put it out faster than usual.  I hope you're all okay with that compromise. 

Headshoots is rebuilding, and has survived a massive disaster that would end lesser forts.  Impressive.

drageuth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2014, 10:35:56 am »

Ah, dum de dum, time to record Headshoots.  Glad to be back to full sized episodes, those ridiculously short updates were getting-

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU!!

Yeah, I should probably *read ahead* in the LP.  If I'd known there would be two teeny tiny years in a row like that, I'd have just made them one episode.  *grumble grumble*

drageuth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

drageuth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2014, 03:23:25 pm »

It is as the Ancient Ones prophesied!

It's weird to be back to big ol' long episodes again, but I guess that just means the crisis at headshoots is over.

Style's a bit different in this one, since Uncle Jam tends towards lots of screenshots edited to tiny proportions.  I decided to just screenshot the LP itself, rather than try to zoom and combine and edit the pictures into something coherent.  Hope that stylistic choice works!

Kolnukbyne

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great laziness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2014, 07:38:46 am »

Stumbled upon your channel while browsing TV Tropes. PTW here on the forums.
I'm three levels deep in this.

Currently listening through Boatmurdered (because somehow I've never actually put the time into getting the full story yet). You've got my official seal of approval. 11/10

drageuth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2014, 05:19:49 pm »

Today's episode is my official Halloween episode.

Yes, it isn't Halloween yet.  Yes, it's still they Halloween episode *anyway* because, come on, just *look* at the ruler I got here.

Stumbled upon your channel while browsing TV Tropes. PTW here on the forums.
I'm three levels deep in this.

Currently listening through Boatmurdered (because somehow I've never actually put the time into getting the full story yet). You've got my official seal of approval. 11/10

I'm glad to have you listening!  I'm especially glad that I can help bring classic tales like these to you in a form that's easier to get through; the more people who know these stories, the more the history and classic culture of Dwarf Fortress will be preserved.

Also: Timesplitters was like 30% of my childhood.  Your avatar has *my* official seal of approval: 11/10

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2014, 09:10:10 pm »

Wait. There was a Let's read Boatmurdered too?!
How did I not hear from this earlier?!
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2014, 07:58:31 am »

Today's episode is my official Halloween episode.

Yes, it isn't Halloween yet.  Yes, it's still they Halloween episode *anyway* because, come on, just *look* at the ruler I got here.
Epic intro, and I love your characterization of OrangeSoda - mostly a Large Ham, but occasionally lapsing due to the sheer insanity of the fortress around him. The demonic voice bits did seem a bit off, though; I always imagined those just being extra dramatic and silly.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2014, 09:09:22 am »

Just finished listening to your wonderful rendition of Boatmurdered, and your ☼masterwork voice acting☼ (starkravingmad sarcasm, snotty elves, astroautonomicron) really brought the reading to ☼Ğlifeğ☼. Thus I am compelled to login to the forums to commend you on doing an ≡exceptional job≡. Hope you are having as much !!fun!! doing these series, as I am listening to it.

Kolnukbyne

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great laziness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2014, 11:47:22 am »

The first instance of the demonic voice scared the shit out of me because I was only listening to the video at the time.

Overall I give it a Spooky out of 10.
Today's episode is my official Halloween episode.Also: Timesplitters was like 30% of my childhood.  Your avatar has *my* official seal of approval: 11/10

I'll wear that badge of approval with pride.

drageuth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2014, 11:03:32 am »

We now return you to your regularly scheduled Headshoots.

Wait. There was a Let's read Boatmurdered too?!
How did I not hear from this earlier?!

That was probably my fault, I posted that to the dwarf fortress discussion rather than here where it properly belonged.  If you haven't checked it out yet, you can find the Boatmurdered playlist here.

Epic intro, and I love your characterization of OrangeSoda - mostly a Large Ham, but occasionally lapsing due to the sheer insanity of the fortress around him. The demonic voice bits did seem a bit off, though; I always imagined those just being extra dramatic and silly.

I think I mostly did that for the sake of the intro I wrote... I also liked the idea of OrangeSoda being this harmless socially-awkward-skeletor that very occasionally lapsed into something that was genuinely scary... Except when he starts going overboard and asking for MOOOORE BEEEEER, OOOOO

Just finished listening to your wonderful rendition of Boatmurdered, and your ☼masterwork voice acting☼ (starkravingmad sarcasm, snotty elves, astroautonomicron) really brought the reading to ☼Ğlifeğ☼. Thus I am compelled to login to the forums to commend you on doing an ≡exceptional job≡. Hope you are having as much !!fun!! doing these series, as I am listening to it.

Well thank you!  It's a lot of work, but it is indeed good !!FUN!!, especially when I hear that people are enjoying it.

The first instance of the demonic voice scared the shit out of me because I was only listening to the video at the time.

Overall I give it a Spooky out of 10.

MUAHAHAHAHA!

drageuth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Read Headshoots... is on hiatus til at least christmas
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2014, 04:20:01 pm »

I'm sorry to say that my mic has broken, cheap piece of crap that it was.  I've been trying desperately to fix it, even brought it over to a friend and got them to try re-soldering all the wires.... but it just looks like I plain need a new mic.  Problem is, I'm a jobless bum with no money. 

Well, I have a *little* money, but it's the money I've been saving to buy christmas presents.  But I usually have at least $5-10 of that leftover each year, and if I do this year, I'll use it to buy a new mic, and LR Headshoots will continue then!
Pages: 1 [2]