Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 38

Author Topic: Scotland Decides, 18th September, 2014  (Read 32916 times)

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
Re: Scotland Decides, 18th September, 2014
« Reply #105 on: September 18, 2014, 10:13:56 am »

Independent Scotland would be cool, but I don't know if its a good idea. PTW.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 18, 2014, 10:29:24 am »

mainiac, you seems obsessed with menus for some reasons.

Menu costs refers to costs associated with changing prices.  It could literally be the cost of printing a new menu but in this case it's more about what if inflation suddenly becomes a lot more erratic.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 18, 2014, 10:45:14 am »

So I've been somewhat on the fence about this. On the one hand, I feel people have the right to independence, yet on the other I agree with that one person about how this kind of thing sets back us thinking of each other as humans instead of nationalities...

Watching intently regardless.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 18, 2014, 10:55:02 am »

BITCOIN
Yeah it's weird, you would have thought that with the success of the Olympics you could build a positive case for the union.  But no, what we get are suicidal threats and apocalyptic nonsense.

Yeah it's weird, you would think that with years to plan this the Yes crowd could make a positive case for independence.  But no, what we get are inane strawmen about the No crowd.
I'm not saying there aren't good arguments for the No side (in fact I support it), it's just that they really haven't been put across very well by the official Better Together campaign.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 18, 2014, 10:55:46 am »

I reckon that rather than having every disgruntled part of the UK split off one by one, we should just cut to the chase and make London independent from the rest of the country. Killing an immeasurable number of birds with one stone.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 18, 2014, 10:58:05 am »

Scotland should drop the pound and adopt the kilt as official currency. Or the haggis

I was pretty fond of the "beer token" currency name.

Also, voted. Really nice atmosphere in the streets today except from some No voter trying to nick my flag.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 18, 2014, 11:11:32 am »

I reckon that rather than having every disgruntled part of the UK split off one by one, we should just cut to the chase and make London independent from the rest of the country. Killing an immeasurable number of birds with one stone.
Oh no you don't, I've read about how that would turn out.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 18, 2014, 11:15:07 am »

Manchester would kick London to next week m8.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 18, 2014, 11:30:15 am »

I remember reading those too.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 18, 2014, 11:32:54 am »

Manchester would kick London to next week m8.
Agreed.Second cities ftw (Birmingham doesn't count. For reasons anyone who's been to both could well see :P )
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 18, 2014, 12:12:53 pm »

You know, after everything that's happened, I decided at the last minute in the booth that Mainiac was right; it was like I was acting out of blind faith and hope rather than any kind of reason. Currency of all things is obviously far more important than the fact that voting Yes would shake up the broken British political system and hopefully bring about the social change I want to see, both in Scotland and throughout Western Europe, possibly even leading to a lasting peace in this country for the first time in 300 years. It's plainly obvious that Scotland will be plunged into economic recession if we dare to take control of our own affairs. I voted No with a heavy heart.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 12:17:08 pm by Owlbread »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 18, 2014, 12:18:01 pm »

Oh my god, I skimmed through that, you had me for a second.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 18, 2014, 12:18:21 pm »

That picture is silly.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 18, 2014, 12:18:37 pm »

I think you overestimate the ability for the British political system to be shaken up.

It's conservatives and stagnation (or more recently rampant xenophobia and isolationism) all the way down.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 18, 2014, 12:19:21 pm »

You know, after everything that's happened, I decided at the last minute in the booth that Mainiac was right; it was like I was acting out of blind faith and hope rather than any kind of reason. Currency of all things is obviously far more important than the fact that voting Yes would shake up the broken British political system and hopefully bring about the social change I want to see, both in Scotland and throughout Western Europe, possibly even leading to a lasting peace in this country for the first time in 300 years. It's plainly obvious that Scotland will be plunged into economic recession if we dare to take control of our own affairs. I voted No with a heavy heart.

My brain just blew up. Thx.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 38