Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Flagship - Spaceship RTS in first person perspective. KS - 50%, 1 week left!  (Read 2927 times)

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile

Disclaimer: I have nothing to do with the game other than seeing it on kickstarter.
Kickstarter link here.

Quote from: Kickstarter Page
Inspired by great RTS titles such as Homeworld, Sins of a Solar Empire and Total Annihilation, and incorporating the capital ship combat of sci-fi classics such as Star Trek, Babylon 5 and Battlestar Galactica, Flagship will allow you to command a fleet from the bridge of your own starship. Explore the stars, expand your territory and save humanity from being wiped out in a hostile galaxy.

I recommend looking at the kickstarter itself over my horrible summary. You have been warned.

According to the kickstarter, Flagship is a game where you command your fleet of ships from a FPS perspective, though you still see the battles going on from inside the ship. (Meaning if you order a ship to "launch interceptors", you'll see interceptors come flying out of that ship)
The game itself seems campaign based, taking place after a devastating defeat at Sol, you control the remains of the human fleet, colonize planets to get resource for your fleet, as well as food for the remaining human population. You fight battles both at your current position, and other systems (though not as much control, apparently)
Spoiler: Images (click to show/hide)

And some questions answered by the developers in the kickstarter comments:

Quote from: Kickstarter Page
Taking and holding systems is at the core of Flagship. Colonising planets allows you to mine the resources required to build bases and expand your fleet, in addition to getting the food and water you’ll need to support the remaining human population. Planets that are rich in resources will be attractive targets for the enemy and therefore much harder to defend. Systems with nebulae or space anomalies may make you harder to detect, offering a safer place to establish a colony.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 06:40:41 pm by Chiefwaffles »
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Flagship - Spaceship RTS in first person perspective. Kickstarter.
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 12:56:36 pm »

I've been waiting for this Kickstarter to emerge. Backed so fast.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 06:52:13 pm by Android »

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
Re: Flagship - Spaceship RTS in first person perspective. Kickstarter.
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 02:15:18 pm »

This looks so cool. Makes me think of Lost Fleet. Want.
But I can't pay through kickstarter  ::)
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kickstarter is quite interesting in how it's so popular, yet the amount of "lost popularity" from all the countries it's unavailable in made numerous other crowdfunding sites (indiegogo) successful to a lesser degree.

On a more on-topic note, I think I'm done modifying the post. It just has to be perfect!
The progress also looks promising, as it reached above 10% pretty quickly after the kickstarter began.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 11:22:08 pm by Chiefwaffles »
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Very neat thanks for the heads up

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Impressive concept. This has been my wildest dream since the days of playing X2: Khaak Threat. Insta-backed.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

This...looks amazing.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile

PTW
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is really one of the games I have wanted for the longest time.

I am slightly hesitant to back lots of games but they are doing almost exactly everything I want so I will probably cave in and back £20

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It worries me to hear so many "probably"s in developer statements. It makes it sound as though they plan to added everything that sounds like a cool idea which is scope creep at its worst.

The idea sounds cool, but I worry the execution will be lack luster. How much would it have added to Homeworld to be able to see the battle from inside the bridge of your mothership?

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I actually got the opposite feeling from the developer's statements. It seems like they know exactly what they want, and plan to avoid feature creep.

I view their "probably"s as "we'll look into the possibility once we're done with the actual game"

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile

I want that goddamn ability to fly the fighters.

So bad.

So. Bad.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PTW....this looks intriguing

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I want that goddamn ability to fly the fighters.

So bad.

So. Bad.

I quite like the developers idea on it so far, that yes it will probably be possible, but still not really a good idea as it's not Elite or Star Citizen that they are making.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Pea Tea Double You. Looks pretty awesome.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: [1] 2