Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18

Author Topic: The United Assembly OOC - Bureaucracy, Red Tape, Charters (8 Players Needed!)  (Read 10835 times)

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
Re: The United Assembly OOC - Bureaucracy, Red Tape, Charters
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2014, 06:03:54 am »

Don't get me wrong, here, I'm not trying to shoot you guys down. I'm delighted with how well you've all took the concept and run off with it so far. I have no desire to dictate anything to you. My only intention is to clarify how things should operate according to the charter, mostly to make things easier on 10ebbor10, since it's primarily his job to enforce the charter, and because it's a rather large document that you may have missed some things in, and to make clear my intentions when I wrote what I wrote.

e: 10ebbor10, there was definitely a reason I asked that you be voted into this position by people who considered you the most competent rather than choosing it on your own.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2014, 06:04:44 am »

Actually, it's rather nice, you can be the Assembly's legal team.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2014, 06:06:47 am »

Technically, the Committee to Promote Justice is the Assembly's legal team!
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2014, 06:08:35 am »

The Committee to Promote Justice is the Assembly's Supreme Court, they rule on charter point. The legal team advice members on the legality of their actions.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2014, 06:15:52 am »

The CPJ rules on all legal decisions and cases that are brought to its attention, regardless of whether or not they affect the Assembly, so yes, it's basically the Supreme Court. I suppose you could theoretically sue someone for violating the UA charter, but that would still be brought to the CPJ. You could say that the AL is an advisor, but he's more like a principal in a school where everyone else is a teacher. Technically, he has power over you, but to exercise it he has to go through the appropriate channels. His word is final, but he can't directly enforce it.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2014, 06:19:53 am »

The legal team advice members on the legality of their actions.
Which would be the perfect role for Squeegy, if not for his personal text.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2014, 07:27:47 am »

To answer Sheb's question, the Committee to Promote Justice has to be called to order by the Assembly Leader before it can begin deliberating on the case (which means this session of the General Assembly needs to be closed first). The CPJ will then attempt to pass a proposal to "Settle a Legal Dispute." Any delegate can submit the proposal and it can be amended as normal. Then, if it passes, those who voted aye will need to produce a majority opinion as to why they voted to pass it, and those who voted nay will need to produce a dissenting opinion as to why they voted against it. The proposal will take effect and become legal precedent immediately, it doesn't need to go through any other committees.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2014, 08:21:41 am »

Is it a requirement to be on best manner? Well the better question is if I start messing around too much just can people vote to remove me from the council ? :P
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2014, 08:30:08 am »

The Security Council can.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2014, 08:35:40 am »

Interactions between delegates are just roleplay, but can have consequences. The Security Council can punish delegates with a variety of proposals, including stripping you of your committee membership or outright ejecting your nation from the UA, and delegates can file a legal dispute with the CPJ. Additionally, the legitimacy of the UA is dependent on it maintaining a good public image, though nothing that happens there leaves the chambers because no media is allowed in.

e: By the way, I assume that PMs entail delegates texting each other or something ICly.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 08:37:37 am by Squeegy »
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2014, 09:36:44 am »

The United assembly probably has an intercom system of some sort.

On a side note, I'm going to call stuff to order soon. My bad for being a bit late.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2014, 09:38:51 am »

I wonder how the UA managed to pay for that, without a budget and all. :P

An intercom system would probably be functionally just in the same thread anyway. It'd be like a Skype call except some of you are arbitrarily in the same room.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2014, 04:15:21 pm »

Microphones. Everyone has a microphone.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2014, 04:18:46 pm »

* GUNINANRUNIN passes notes.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2014, 01:55:09 am »

Supreme Representative

Avalia will vote against GA-B-001-P-M-1, GA-B-001-P-T-2, GA-B-001-P-B-3, as we prefer our original, more egalitarian budget proposal. As that concludes our voting session, we can see that none of the amendments passed.

We will thus enter the vote on the original budget proposal.

Spoiler: GA-B-001-P-A-0 (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18