Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18

Author Topic: The United Assembly OOC - Bureaucracy, Red Tape, Charters (8 Players Needed!)  (Read 10786 times)

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Blah i dont care about procedure anyway.
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

I do.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

BTW, I'm fairly certain the CPJ actually doesn't have standing to rule on the toothpaste case since the case wasn't brought forward by a delegate.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah more bureaucracy for our beloved Vin dong to complain about :D

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile

The CPJ can rule on any case brought to them, it's just explained explicitly in the charter that it's usable as a conflict resolution mechanism between delegates.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Hey, I'll struck you a deal: you act swiftly on that Legal Opinion I requested (Of course you don't have to give me the result I want, but I'd like for it to happen) and I won't mention that detail IC. :p

FakeEdit: Well, isn't it up to us to interpret the charter? Anyway, under 10ebbor10 strict "Thou Shall Only Do Stuff Explicitely Given To Theen In The Charter" interpretation, the CPJ can certainly not rule on the toothpaste case.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Strictly according to the charter, the CPJ can settle any legal dispute sponsored by a member of the CPJ. So as long as a delegate sponsors the toothpaste case, it can be settled by the CPJ.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Well:

Quote from: Charter
Any delegate may submit a legal dispute to the Committee to Promote Justice so long as they are an affected party.

Since the case is brought forward by an Avalian company, only 10ebbor10 can submit the case to the CPJ.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I dont think avalian is "affected" so to say, it happening in their country but it dosent involve their government directly.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

It does involve their laws which are upheld by their judiciary.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maybe i should find a reason for even more stuff. The SC might need some trail blazer case.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

BTW, 10ebbor10, if you want variant of your avatar (holding up a sign, raising its hand to vote...) just ask me.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well:

Quote from: Charter
Any delegate may submit a legal dispute to the Committee to Promote Justice so long as they are an affected party.

Since the case is brought forward by an Avalian company, only 10ebbor10 can submit the case to the CPJ.

Yes, but that's submitting a legal dispute. The actual act of making a ruling on it is settling a legal dispute. That line refers to suing people.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Well, of course, in the end, it's up to the CPJ to rule on this intepretation.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

bump?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18