Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Umm... Militia commander requires saving from a dead elk?  (Read 787 times)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Umm... Militia commander requires saving from a dead elk?
« on: September 15, 2014, 02:08:35 am »

My militia commander and a fellow axe dwarf went charging off to have some fun with go hunting for elk, wherein they've killed quite a few. Elk don't seem to fight back, just turn tail and run. That's not a problem. So on his fifth or so elk, the militia commander jammed his hammer in the brain, pulled it out, and is now *most likely* sitting on the ground sobbing. He's screamed a few times "Help! Save me!" Why does he require saving from a dead elk?
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

Re: Umm... Militia commander requires saving from a dead elk?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 02:16:28 am »

He is probably having an emotional breakdown from seeing too much death with too little discipline.
He doesn't actually need saving, just some time to calm down.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 02:21:50 am »

Oh, okay. I guess I could sacrifice a few goblins to the danger room.
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

dwarf_reform

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_BUTCHERABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 02:02:58 pm »

I had a partially mangled kobold skeleton right outside the single exit to the fort and it trained the whole fort fairly well.. Well enough to walk by without caring, anyway :>

Before their discipline raised the haulers would step around the fort wall, see the skeleton, panic and drop what they were carrying and flee the scene, which made a pretty huge pile of dropped goods all on that same tile until they call toughened up enough to take it back :) Since then I've started placing particularly horrifying stuff (or what I imagine to be extra-disturbing, anyway) all around the fort entrance.. If my dwarves want out they've got to pass the terror test, and if migrants want in then they better hurry up and get over it :D

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 02:08:15 pm »

That's pretty smart. Since items stay the same in adventuremode (such as the spot where you hero made his last fighting some goblins outside a retired fortress), I took a few children heads to where the danger room was in an old fortress. I guess skeletal heads were a bit too horrifying, because only one guy could handle being there for a few seasons.