Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Let’s run this into the ground!

Yes.
Hell yes.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Author Topic: Murderflood: OPERATION PIMPSTACK (Ardentdikes III)  (Read 36969 times)

Dumbestdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Silly small person
    • View Profile
Re: Murderflood: OPERATION PIMPSTACK (Ardentdikes III)
« Reply #150 on: December 19, 2014, 02:23:37 am »

Could I be dorfed? Any profession, as long as the dorf has very bad analytical abilities.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 19, 2014, 06:19:13 pm »

Shouldn't be hard to find one of those. User name?

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 20, 2014, 01:54:34 am »

Any profession, as long as the dorf has very bad analytical abilities.

That could be any dwarf...

Dumbestdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Silly small person
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 20, 2014, 03:26:11 am »

Shouldn't be hard to find one of those. User name?

Well, "Dumbestdorf", of course.

Any profession, as long as the dorf has very bad analytical abilities.

That could be any dwarf...

True, there's that.

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 20, 2014, 11:53:14 am »

Have I been dorfed? Requested about 2 pages ago, but I didn't get any indication. If not could I get dorfed and a turn at overseer? Mechanic or Mason, same name as my forum username. Enable building designer and pump operating duties for the bugger as well please. Thanks!

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 20, 2014, 07:43:08 pm »

Zuglarkun is a wood burner, soon to be a mason, and Dumbestdorf is a farmer.

The wall building is now in progress to the east. The eastern keep will have a one tile gap between it and the outer defenses.

Now into late summer and the eastern wall is complete. There's a bridge and everything. Now we need to finish a couple more mechanisms before we can connect it.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 20, 2014, 09:45:37 pm »

Can you include some screenshots along the way? Sparse updates with no picture make it hard for people to grasp what is going on in the fort.

Thanks  ;)

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 21, 2014, 07:06:16 pm »

Yeah. Forgot to do those this time. I always forget them.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 22, 2014, 10:53:11 am »

Status Report 14th Galena: Construction of the Death Star continues unabated...

What do you mean we're no building the Death Star? Dwarf Fortress? Great. Stop, stop! We don't need the giant reactor pit! I don't care, the plans have officially changed! We're going to dig deep into... Build up? Are you sure? Okay, okay. Fine. Up it is. Let's build some scaffolding then. What? Walls? Fine. Yes, we'll finish those. Good stout walls.

Right, so we're building or rather finishing the walls. I am going to see about building some emplacements on the cliffs so we can shoot anyone trying to climb up the escarpments in the canyon, but I'm not sure how much I'll get done.

Irritatingly, someone forgot to connect the eastern underground and the western underground areas together and the eastern to the surface. Once I've dug out a tunnel, I finally have access to our legendary miner, and he starts to blitz through all these jobs we've had missing in action.

Unfortunately, bp920091 has died while mining. Captain Erzmagier and Bluescreen1988 have also turned up dead, along with one of our wood burners. As such I've ordered catacombs dug for the burial. I am unsure of what killed them. There appear to be no marks on any of the bodies, so it is not a vampire that I can tell. There is a giant bat that was seen near Captain Erzmagier and I've formed a squad to go and kill it if they're able. We do appear to have a few competent dorfs, but we have no equipment for them, so...

---

The links from Photobucket aren't working for me for some reason, but here's page link.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 22, 2014, 09:55:08 pm »

Imgur is love, Imgur is life

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 24, 2014, 02:39:59 pm »

Imgur doesn't like me. At all.

---

Well... our bat earned a name, after slaughtering one of the recruits. Another one however, has managed to knock it's teeth out. Literally. We pass into early autumn as my military continues to beat the bat to death. Slowly.

Mean while, Urist McKiwi VI has been possessed. This is... good? Finally the militia commander arrives with a wooden spear and finishes the job. I think, the record isn't exactly clear.

Urist McKiwi claims a carpenter's workshop, two Acacia Logs and goes to work. I've laid down a pattern for magma forges, down at -8, I've also set the F2 zoom to go there. There's space there for twenty-eigh magma powered forges/smelters/glass furnaces. I've ordered the first seven to be prepared, and the other twenty-one will simply need their pillars channeled out to provide the magma fuel.

While I wait for that, the coffins have been finished. They're nothing special, but they'll provide a proper resting place for the dead.

Swallowed Paddled... that's the name of the new artifact. It's an acacia wood bin, menacing with spikes of acacia. It's worth a whalloping 3600 dorfbucks. Um... huzzah?

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 24, 2014, 03:42:56 pm »

How can I become the richest and coolest princess this civilisation has to offer? MAKE BETTER ARTIFACTS!!!

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 24, 2014, 05:04:01 pm »

Don't be too hard, the previous artifact was worth 18600 dorfbucks.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 25, 2014, 11:14:35 am »

The Forgotten Beast Oxut Galkauja has come! A huge hairy pterosaur. It has a pair of knobby antennae and it belches and croaks. It's periwinkle hair is long and straight. Beware it's deadly dust!

We are as boned as the day is long. Mean while we're trying to finish the tombs to bury dorfs because we're starting to get ghosts. The forgotten beast is currently busy fighting Hungry Heads in the caves.

While our miners continue to dig the tunnels to feed magma to the forges and smelters, slowly, due to the heat of the magma around and below them, the forgotten beast has vanished, though not before destroying some of the hungry heads around. A dwarven caravan has arrived, but we have nothing to trade.

I've finally taken to basically standing around near the mining and manually okaying each operation. It's extremely uninteresting and rather pointless, but it makes the miners feel better and that's what counts.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 11:32:37 am by Triaxx2 »

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 27, 2014, 08:15:35 am »

Artists Rendering of Murderflood: http://triaxx2.deviantart.com/art/Murderflood-502902519

---

Ah, it seems while digging to the magma, we have encountered some candy. I am less than sure what we should do with this, though I am digging it out. I'll get as much of it out as possible, before we flood the tunnels with magma. It's being taken to the cliff side fortifications, which has been noted as the Adamantine stockpile. I'll leave it to much wiser overseers to deal with it.

The dwarven caravan wants blocks and toys next year, if we have nothing else to trade. They're offering a slightly better than two hundred percent mark up on blocks, and our stock pile is chock full, so...

Well, nuts. I just died in magma. No idea how that happened, since there was a full wall between me and the magma. We are now short one legendary miner... Ummm... Ooops?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14