Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Let’s run this into the ground!

Yes.
Hell yes.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: Murderflood: OPERATION PIMPSTACK (Ardentdikes III)  (Read 36998 times)

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
Re: Murderflood: Strike the Earth! (Ardentdikes III)
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2014, 04:09:28 pm »

PTW, requesting dorfing as Emdief.  :D I'd ask for a turn if uni wasn't so chaotic right now...

I’ll see if I can dwarf you and Taupe at the summer migrant wave. Got any preferences for a name, profession, or profession title?

Haven’t progressed past 1st Slate. The real question is what to do underground when we aren’t really doing rooms for dwarves down there....... I might throw in some miner’s quarters. Are we going for an all-living quarters aboveground arrangement, or is it “player decides”?

An engineer would be good, but no other preferences. It's early in, after all. Don't want to constrain ya.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murderflood: Under the burning Sun (Ardentdikes III)
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2014, 04:34:21 pm »

I'd have the living quarters below ground. Smoothing and Engraving rooms makes it a lot easier to keep dwarves happy. On the other hand, having an aboveground fortress makes it easier to fight off invaders.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2014, 07:00:00 pm »

I'd have the living quarters below ground. Smoothing and Engraving rooms makes it a lot easier to keep dwarves happy. On the other hand, having an aboveground fortress makes it easier to fight off invaders.

Alright, I’ve been adding journal entries to the same post so you can find all the reports in one place.

I also need to take a bit of a break (yeah right, I just played another month). Do people want all the underground shafts to be connected underground, or are people OK with having basement or vault-like structures where you have to go aboveground to get to a neighbouring one?
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2014, 07:04:45 pm »

But that's just not in the spirit of things. We can keep people happy with the ornate glass windows and furniture.

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2014, 08:03:38 pm »

But that's just not in the spirit of things. We can keep people happy with the ornate glass windows and furniture.
And beehives? :P

Add me in for a turn. I'm not good with small forts, but eh......no time to learn like the present, eh?

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2014, 08:05:17 pm »

or are people OK with having basement or vault-like structures where you have to go aboveground to get to a neighbouring one?

That sounds like the coolest option. How will the dwarf enjoy all the surface building if they can simply move around using the undergrounds?

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2014, 08:17:37 pm »

or are people OK with having basement or vault-like structures where you have to go aboveground to get to a neighbouring one?

That sounds like the coolest option. How will the dwarf enjoy all the surface building if they can simply move around using the undergrounds?

I am in agreement with this. I’ll need to do some major planning though, so not sure if I’ll be able to produce another update today (but I’d really like to get us through spring).
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 08:19:31 pm by CaptainArchmage »
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2014, 08:24:24 pm »

Aw hell, I can't resist. Put me down for a turn.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2014, 06:16:10 am »

Aboveground connections are cool.

I've had considerable trouble keeping people happy with just aboveground apartments.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2014, 06:28:29 am »

There'll be nice food and constant parties and no deaths, I'm sure it'll be fiiiiiine...

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2014, 07:01:11 am »

Lie.

Also, go ahead and use the Dolomite. As long as it's not cut into blocks, it can be used once the walls are replaced with something else. Speaking of, any of the construction stones should probably be cut into blocks since it quadruples them. Use stockpile controls though.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2014, 08:38:14 am »

sign me up? I swear I'll actually play my turn this time .___.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2014, 11:56:30 am »

I want in.

Also, I'd like to be dorf'd as a bone carver under the name of "Stinthad Ezumled"
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 04:10:57 pm by tonnot98 »
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2014, 05:40:03 pm »

Alright, moving onto the month of summer once I update the raws for 0.40.13.

Edit: Done, and no errors showed up on load. I fixed all the semi-megabeast tags and grazer tags, so if we get elephants they will now survive.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 06:31:04 pm by CaptainArchmage »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2014, 05:52:39 pm »

Also, I'm missing from the player list. I 'inned' just after Taupe (and, implictly I said I wanted a turn in the previous thread):

In for a turn. I think we should have as much above ground as possible, living quarters included.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14