Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Retiring adventurers in a retired fortress.  (Read 662 times)

Punching Bag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Retiring adventurers in a retired fortress.
« on: September 13, 2014, 03:44:19 pm »

I have this badass adventurer that I want to make a noble inside of one of my fortresses, but whenever I retired him there and unretired the fortress, he didn't show up in the citizens screen. I tried again just to make sure I didn't do something wrong, but I'm positive now that he's not being added to the fortress. Every time I check on him he's back in the last town I retired him in, and when I check the fortress it's still at its pre-retire population count. Is there a specific way I'm supposed to do this or is it impossible to get adventurers to be in your fortress?

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
Re: Retiring adventurers in a retired fortress.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 05:33:59 pm »

I think that even if the adventurer was to appear in the fort, he wouldn't appear as a citizen, but as "friendly".
I did something similar in Masterwork mod, using DFHack to retire a kobold village I made and embarking as dwarves. The kobolds appeared friendly to the dwarves, but I couldn't force them to do anything.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

Stopkilling0

• Bay Watcher
  • FarmBaconFarmBacon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 09:39:07 pm »

You can retire him in the fortress, then go there in fortress mode, and use the command in DF Hack to force the selected creature to become a member of your fortress. That should work

Aristion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2014, 10:49:29 pm »

I did it once but it involved a few soldiers for my human (who were also human) and claim the site for myself, asking my soldier buddies to assist in an insurrection and then slay the mayor who I said I own this site. However upon reopening fort mode they were marked "Hostlie" and were not attacking anyone that came near them. I haven't done it recently though and it was on an older version too.
I kept imagining this guy go "By Armok, not the dead roaches! Oh gods the hamsters oh the dwarfmanity!"
Devotes several hours a day making vampires an endangered species.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 12:46:25 am »

In the last version you could retire adventurers in the land marked "mountainhome" and they would show up as migrants sans equipment
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?