Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: D&D 5e : Gasrath is not just another city : the OOC Thread.  (Read 10832 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: D&D 5e : Gasrath is not just another city : the OOC Thread.
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2014, 02:51:59 pm »

Hey guys. I'm going to spend a bit of time figuring out what character I want to play (not because I need help or anything :P) and post a sheet this evening.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: No, I most certainly did not get distracted and spend all of the time playing OpenTTD. My character will be up shortly.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 02:46:14 pm by InsanityIncarnate »
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2014, 06:17:26 am »

Doubleposting to bump.

Here is Harold Phillips, an urchin who became a warlock at some point in his past. Let me know if something's missing.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2014, 06:36:52 am »

I don't see anything missing.
We just need USEC_OFFICER's character, and we're good to go :)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2014, 07:17:06 am »

I need a name and backstory for my Kamina-alike though.

RANDOM GENERATOR TIME

Oh god, this is so ridiculous but sums it all up so nicely: Screamredmourndawn

Lets see...his first name can just be "Red" and then maybe I could have him part of a...clan or something? The Screaming DawnMourners or somesuch? Any suggestions tompliss? I can't really see it being a noble family or somesuch...perhaps he came from a barbarian-ish tribe or something?

HELP ME LORE.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2014, 07:37:45 am »

Dont worry II, My timezone is GMT+7 so i doubt my posting time will be any weirder than yours
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2014, 08:58:45 am »

Ok, BFEL, let's say you're from the region where we will start : the kingdom of Damara.

It's at the north of the continent (Faerun), and while it's mostly like northern Europe as far as climate goes, with some nice mountains and mines.
(for the worried players in the back, we'll play in summer, and you'll be able to wear your fur bikini)

Damara is composed of duchies and baronies, with only a few cities and towns, and many small farming/fishing settlements and mining sites, and one of those may be were you come from. A barbarian camp, and mining village, or any other rural settlement that can provide a rough youth for you character.

About names, Damaran first names usually have a Russian sound (not saying Red won't really fit), and the last name can be pretty much what you want, and may depend more on what you can imagine be your ancestors and where you come from.

Your last name could be roughly how your clan saw you if you come from a barbarian-ish tribe (HowlingSword, DancingBlade, QuickTemper,... big sword, high charisma, and low wisdom are keys here) and let's not forget about the "son of this-one" if you're proud of your family.
On the other hand, if you're more from a mining/farming settlement, the job of your father, his father, and his father's father may take an important part of name and life. With the Folk Hero background, you're proficient with an artisan's tool (not mentioned in your sheet), so it could be really relevant as far as your character's concerned.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2014, 10:17:02 am »

Ugh... This is a thing, isn't it? Sorry about that. Anyways, I'm thinking about going with... an elvish arcane trickster. That would work, wouldn't it? I don't have the PHB, so someone else would have to stat it up for me however. I still have no clue about personality and gender and junk, but one step at a time, right?

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2014, 10:44:00 am »

Dammit, shame this went up when I was moving :P
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2014, 11:02:16 am »

Ugh... This is a thing, isn't it? Sorry about that. Anyways, I'm thinking about going with... an elvish arcane trickster. That would work, wouldn't it? I don't have the PHB, so someone else would have to stat it up for me however. I still have no clue about personality and gender and junk, but one step at a time, right?
I can help after work. Sadly, work just started. I can't get back to my PHB till lunch (in three hours), and then only for half an hour. I'm pretty sure that the Arcane trickster's main stats are Dex and Int, so use the High elf. It's in the Basic Rules.

USEC_OFFICER, have you seen the Basic Rules?

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2014, 11:05:50 am »

Currently reading the PHB to see what can be made.

High elf is a good choice indeed, but wood elves are nice too (you don't need really high Int, and Wisdom is always good because Insight and Perception are vital for a rogue).

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2014, 11:09:10 am »

Yes, I have definitely seen the basic rules. They were definitely basic however, so I'm not entirely certain how much I should be relying on them for making my character. Some better/more interesting choices might be hidden in the PHB after all.

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2014, 11:17:38 am »

As far as background is concerned, here are some possibilities :
1) The all knowing librarian, always seeking new knowledge and books, and sometimes not acquiring them through legal means, but "protecting" them from external risks. Would use the "Sage" background and be a nice city-oriented high-elf, using Disguise Self rather than charisma on occasions where deception is needed.
2) The bardish one, wandering from city to city, with another disguise always ready for a new town and a new theft. Using the "entertainer" background to always find a place to perform and sleep, or at least make people think he stayed here for the night.
3) The ex-spy from a disapearing order of treasure-hunters, always knowing where to go to find information about what he bothers doing. Using the Spy variant of the "Criminal" background, and specialized in planning in advance how to enter anywhere.

Thoughts ?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2014, 01:15:30 pm »

Hmmm... Let's go with 1, I think. It sounds somewhat interesting, especially since low(ish) charisma characters are always fun. Or at least I think they can be.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2014, 01:26:44 pm »

can I request a waitlist for a rock gnome eldritch knight? Sheet to come.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2014, 01:58:24 pm »

You're in the waiting list ! :D

and USEC, here is what I can propose to you : http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=32077
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10