Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 423 424 [425] 426 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 289634 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. WE'RE BACK GUYS!)
« Reply #6360 on: June 18, 2015, 11:41:48 pm »

'Welp.

Time to go 'splorin'.

And pot-breakin'.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

I pm'd this to several people, but it bears discussion here, I think.

This game needs a retooling. As far as I can see, there are 3 basic options for this.

1) Complete reboot, starting from scratch. I'm reluctant to go with this one, since we have so much stuff in this game, but it may be for the best. I'll put it to a vote. Would probably be cleaner.

2) Reset. Some kind of plot shennanigan that puts everyone back at the start, enabling people to continue plot/character threads if they wish. How much would be kept is up for debate, but I'm thinking those who want to continue would update to a more current version of themselves, but only retaining their old IC knowledge of the game.

3) Continuation. We do a timeskip during which people are moved around, most likely to a centralized location, giving IC justification to certain new OOC mechanics. We'd keep all the stuff the game's built up over the past year, but a more drastic retooling may be necessary due to long lapses and people being stuck with situations that no longer interest them.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

Complete reboot.

We can always bring back the rooms.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

If I'd ever play in this, I'd like to play in a completely rebooted game. However a bit more... structure... (dice and whatnot) would be nice.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I vote for a complete reboot. This game could use a more active player base.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

Despite never having joined, I vote for reboot.
thincake

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

Complete reboot? Sure, I guess. Have you consulted with Zanz? This is still sort of their game.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

I'm still for a combo of 2&3

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

If you are using 1 and deciding to keep the current setting, I could make a post of what is occurring with the game's controller, where the server crashes and they have to restore to an earlier point in time, which is just before the first arrival.  May want to use an HP system with random chance causing permanent injuries, rather than realistic damage, as it is a bit easier to roll for and would allow for people to get hit more often as there would be less of a risk of 'permanent' removal of the ability to fight.

Considering this is being debated, might as well tell you what the new system was going to be.  Enemies got their own 'classes' that gave them a variety of perks (ex. The turret you were facing was a level 6, with 4 accuracy perks and 2 different types of weapon upgrade), and the combined level of the enemies equals the combined level of the group, when they first enter the room.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

We can discuss the systems involved for enemies later (though I want to keep it open/flexible). Right now I want to discuss how we'll handle the restart, since I'm averse to throwing out everything. So, if possible I'd like to not drop spoilers for what's been going on in the background the whole time, in case we still use that stuff.

We should probably arrange a steam chat about this soon.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I prefer realistic damage. I am really not a fan of hitpoints.

Critical Existence Failure is a stupid way to go.

Also the system shouldn't be geared towards killing the players. There should always. In every room. Be at least one way of all players getting out unharmed. *Cough*Zanz*Cough*

It's supposed to be Fun. Having to restart from zero each bloody time you die because the system is geared to lean towards completely functional MOBS verse injured/winded/tired Players. It's a war of attrition. There is no advancement because everybody eventually dies.

That's not fun.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

"It's not about fun! It's about realism!"
~MLGCoDPlayer420, 2004-present
thincake

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I prefer realistic damage. I am really not a fan of hitpoints.

Critical Existence Failure is a stupid way to go.

Also the system shouldn't be geared towards killing the players. There should always. In every room. Be at least one way of all players getting out unharmed. *Cough*Zanz*Cough*

It's supposed to be Fun. Having to restart from zero each bloody time you die because the system is geared to lean towards completely functional MOBS verse injured/winded/tired Players. It's a war of attrition. There is no advancement because everybody eventually dies.

That's not fun.
You say that like there aren't towns and stuff to rest in. The real problem is everyone going in balls out without having a sleepy doodle once in a while. Also, the lack of places with stuff to do.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There's only one town so far.

And it's miles of walking to it from any entrance.

Not to mention it was a number of rooms in.

And plenty of the rooms being rather unstable in terms of footing.

And plenty of injuries taking months to heal normally.

And some never healing.

And so on.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There's only one town so far.

And it's miles of walking to it from any entrance.

Not to mention it was a number of rooms in.

And plenty of the rooms being rather unstable in terms of footing.

And plenty of injuries taking months to heal normally.

And some never healing.

And so on.
Your point? Because that was pretty much how the game was intended from what I understand.
Pages: 1 ... 423 424 [425] 426 427