Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 404 405 [406] 407 408 ... 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 289995 times)

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile
Re: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. New clues?)
« Reply #6075 on: April 08, 2015, 06:38:18 pm »

"Okay, I guess. More okay than I expected to be in this situation, honestly."
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6076 on: April 08, 2015, 06:41:17 pm »

Yeah. Oh and sorry about your cat being possessed.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6077 on: April 08, 2015, 06:47:36 pm »

Cal lets out a meow upon being mentioned, and Tech responds with merely smiling.
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #6078 on: April 08, 2015, 06:48:39 pm »

Is it 1040305020?
1040 to 3050 increases by 2010
what do the calendars say the year is here?
is there a negative option for the combination?

((Is it possible for me to adopt a cat, or have one adopt me?))
((Well, Tech and Ace of Hearts did. Also, remember to format your speech text!))

"I don't think we've seen any calendars anywhere in here. Maybe there was one in that bookstore office? I dunno. I mean, I think this is rather more a puzzle than an actual bank vault, but I don't think a vault password have anything to do with the year. But we can try that one"
HugoLuman picks his way over to the door through the cats on the floor,
...there were 5 combination knobs in a pentagonal pattern upon the circular door.  Each going from zero to ninety-nine.
And turns the knobs to "10-40-30-50-20." But the door remains firmly shut. "Nope."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6079 on: April 08, 2015, 07:32:29 pm »

(Someone send me a message if the door opens so I can write up what's in there if it gets open.

Also, so I can balance the encounter right, how powerful is the stuff that was picked up in the city?)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6080 on: April 08, 2015, 08:01:47 pm »

((The artifacts all qualify as powerful, however they aren't getting used without identifying if my character has anything to say about it. Also most of them are extremely dangerous to use without care.))

The tiger shrugs at Hugo when asked about the car but otherwise does not respond.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6081 on: April 08, 2015, 08:14:54 pm »

**Those numbers were coloured, weren't they? Would that have any significance on whiere they are placed?**
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6082 on: April 08, 2015, 10:07:01 pm »

"Maybe? Then again, they were on traffic lights, so it might just be incidental. But then again, they might have made them all the same color?"

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6083 on: April 08, 2015, 11:31:32 pm »

[2] On crawling out of the alcove, you step forward and suddenly feel an immense force upon your right shoulder. It throws you into the opposite wall, and you feel an intense pain on that spot, and on the bottom of your right foot.
"Agh! Oh god fucking shit hnsssss-"

I look up, realize that the fucking thing is probably still coming for me, and try to limp to the nearest alcove, and see if there's a plaque in there, and if the skeleton thing is on a stone surface or something else. If there is, I crawl in to touch it, trying to be careful with the shoulder and foot. I also get ready to throw the skull of the skeleton out of the alcove to test whether the things waiting for me or something when I come back out.

If it's not, on the other hand, I try to get to the other alcoves, looking for one, trying to keep in mind the likely position of the apparition given how fast I've seen it move and knowing it always comes directly towards me.
Looking into the nearest alcove, you see an identical plaque.
Then I do what I said before.

If it doesn't work, well...person on a stone surface, with a veil...maybe I'd have to lie down in place of the skeleton?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

((The artifacts all qualify as powerful, however they aren't getting used without identifying if my character has anything to say about it. Also most of them are extremely dangerous to use without care.))

(Hmm...Would you use them if the level of danger is high?  Let's use this scale, in terms of most, but not all (in most cases), party members having that state:
Uninjured - Mild Wounds - Medium Wounds - Severe Wounds - Permanent Wounds - Life-Threatening Wounds - Near Total Party Kill - Total Party Kill Imminent - Last Breath of Last Party Member Alive in Room - Souls about to be completely shredded

Note that this is not necessarily indicative of what is in the room.  I just want a multiplicity of data points to choose from.  Bold the point wherein it would be used, with ones to the right of that point being implied as acceptable points.)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

((Two could easily result in death if mishandled or used improperly, one of the two could result in a tpw within a few days if misused, one would just result in death if misused, it's possible for all four to result in death. Two would result in no damage should you be careful with them, one of the two less dangerous ones could easily result in death or a tpw if a certain scenario happens and is handled poorly, and the last one has a chance of 'fun' of the dwarven kind or longlasting problems for the party should the thing that it triggers be handled improperly, although that should be difficult to flop.))

((IC, three have been dangersensed as evil as shit and therefore not gonna try it till identified cause could make everything worse. One has been dangersensed as no danger. If medium to severe wounds happened to the majority of the party, my character may or may not use the no danger one depending on the situation, however it wouldn't do jack shit right off the bat beyond being distracting to the one wearing it. It only becomes useful after what it triggers is resolved. Which would probably take a lot of talking and in the short term would really make everything worse.))

((As for the evil as shit ones, IC I wouldn't use them till they were identified, and even then, I would be careful with them. Always be careful with evil artifacts~))

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((For future reference, potential spoilers might best be handled with PMs. Though I guess this instance isn't too spoilery.))
((IC, I'd save unidentified items for last resort, since they'd have the potential to make things worse.))

Then I do what I said before.

If it doesn't work, well...person on a stone surface, with a veil...maybe I'd have to lie down in place of the skeleton?
You crawl into the alcove (which is made of stone, being cut into a stone wall) and touch the plaque. Immediately, you recieve a vision of another recumbent, veiled figure, and hear a different voice in your head. "Look for the one that's different, lad!"
Determined not to meet the same fate twice, you take the skull of the alcove's occupant and roll it out as soon as the vision ends. Seeing it make it clear, you crawl out, and do not immediately face injury. However, with the dust blown away from the middle of the floor, you realize it is much more difficult to locate your pursuer.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Whelp.

Only one thing to do.

Grab a bone, get to waving back in possible general direction that the thing could come from, get to limping and looking for the alcove that's off from the rest.

Probably take some looking, considering it wasn't immediately obvious.

The voices were probably the dead people...

"Uh, I don't know if you can hear me right now since I'm not touching those plaques, but I'm sorry about disturbing your rest. If I did. I'm not sure. And sorry about using your bones for this, but if you're helping me I think it's for a good cause, right? I hope so...don't like screwin' around with bodies if the spirits are still gonna be attached to 'em..."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile

Iton sits down next to one of the tigers and looks at all of the people in the room then looks at the tiger,¨What are they doing?"
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

Town Square

Propman took another look at the townsfolk. Most of the visible rising smoke had died down, leaving the sky ashen and dusty. Various humans and near humans of every stripe were working hard hauling wood and stone and brick in order to repair the damage the mutant had done to the town earlier. Everybody helped one another repair their buisnesses and homes, as though the whole thing was routine. Though they had pointed a gun at his aquaintances once before, the adventuerer felt that they were by and large decent people, and something very un pirate-like inside of him poked with tendrils of guilt at the prospect of leaving without any contribution to the situation at all.

"You know, perhaps rather then tell these people of the diner out right, we could make a run there to gather food in order to give as relief aid. This town, for better or worse, is one of the two known civilized areas that I've managed to come across in this dungeon, and I'm quite sure the second area might very well be deserted. Building up a positive reputation with the locals can only be a good thing, if I say so myself."
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )
Pages: 1 ... 404 405 [406] 407 408 ... 427