Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 383 384 [385] 386 387 ... 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 290692 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. Stealing a car?)
« Reply #5760 on: March 24, 2015, 11:51:05 pm »

"... Gods no. Why don't we make something with the first letters of our names."

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5761 on: March 24, 2015, 11:52:33 pm »

"Okay that would make, PAKE, or PKAE, or PEAK. Well PEAK is word."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5762 on: March 24, 2015, 11:53:12 pm »

Rolepgeek sighs as he comes out of the pod, trying to wake up.

"God what time is it...wait what the-"

He blinks as he looks around, and rubs an arm before lowering it again, his hand brushing against the sword at his hip. It was only then that he noticed it, in fact.

"It's not fair. I shouldn't have to be cold and tired in a dream. I hope this is a dream, anyway..."

He shakes his head, wincing when it doesn't help, pulls out the jian he recognized from the garage, and found it had an edge. Not a stupendous one, but a functional one. Well then. And now his thumb was bleeding. Great.

Licking blood off the cut as it formed to keep from dripping(luckily it was not very deep; he'd just re-opened a sore bit), he stepped down to the platform with a strange dais on it.

"The hell ish vish fing?" he mutters around the thumb. Wiping his hand on his shirt, he leans over it and pokes it.

At which point he is strapped down and needled.

"OhfuckowshitGAH!"

As he stands back up, there's a...thing on his wrist. What did they call them again? Like a HUD in a video game, but sorta like a watch. Whatever the hell it was, it said "Recommended Class: Dancing Blade". But it also said "Search for a Specific Class"...

As much as I like the idea of dancing around with this thing and actually being effective...no. What about...hmmm...mage? No, if this has levels mages are gonna suck at the start, maybe...alchemist? Sure. Jeezus fuck I am calmer than I have any right to be right now what the fuck.

Rolep shakes himself again, taps the "Search for a Specific Class" icon, and says "Alchemist", since he didn't see a field to type. Coming up with several options, he chooses the one that has the correct spelling of the word, thank you very much.

"Identify Potion? Shit, I should've gone with Mage. Or Warlock. Or something. Least I have a sword."

He flips it around; he'd never actually trained with a sword, but, it was balanced, and he knew what it was. Oh, what he wouldn't give for having had some martial arts lessons right now...this would suck if he had to actually fight something.

Still trying to make sure he's got a good feel for it as he leaves the room, he recoils at the smell.

"Fuck. No. Fuck this place already."

The door on the right seemed as good as any...and dead demon.

Wonderful. And not going through the north door, that smelled worse than the last room, so right it was. Again.

Well, it was cold, but it was clean. And there were dead rats on the floor. Well, someone had definitely been through here. Probably not recently, though. Maybe. It was too cold to tell. Nothing smelled, at least. Nowhere to go but forward, the boy supposed.

And a store clerk was present.

"Uh...hi. Do you know what's going on here? Or what's through those doors? Are either of them warm?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #5763 on: March 24, 2015, 11:59:43 pm »

(Don't forget Propman. Whenever he rejoins)

((Brewing prolly would come later. Identifying would be a first level ability. [although you technically could later on do a FMA style thing.]))
"Potatoes will go bad. The voltage has already dropped by .003 since this morning. The generator... well, I wouldn't look in the fuel tank if I were you."
"Is it Schrödinger's fueltank or something? Is there a half undead cat in there powering it like a gerbil?"
"Or something. Let's just say running out of fuel would not be conducive if subjects died several times and had to make multiple attempts."
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 12:07:24 am by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5764 on: March 25, 2015, 12:01:11 am »

The clerk adjusts his mask and looks between the door the young man entered from and the door outside.
"Well... You just came from the fridge. There's other stuff away from it. I might even recommend you head back that way unless you can afford to buy yerself some food and a gun. Out there to the right is the tribe lands, and while they ain't immediately ready ta kill ya for the most part... Well, would you want to take your chances with psychos that can survive a gunshot wound to the head? To the left... Well, I don't know what's there but pirates like the area and people I've seen go there, never came back."

Kyle thinks.
"Sure."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5765 on: March 25, 2015, 12:36:21 am »

((NO

TEAM KAPE

IS MUST BE DONE COMRADE

FOR GLORY OF SOVIET UNION

AND GREAT HEROISM))

"Well then. That's just great. More trekking through shit. At least there's an outside of some sort..."

Sighing, Rolepgeek turns around and heads back through the freezer, the room with the dead oni in it(he still refused to enter the DEFCON 1 nostril assault that was the north door), through the shit-n-blood, east this time. Maybe. Or was that north? He didn't know. Fuck it, sure, east. Why not. Sounded right. And dead werewolves. Sure. Giant tetsubo club, that was pretty damn cool- oh, that was the Oni's, wasn't it? And a small handle below it. He considered grabbing it, but with nowhere to put it, and a sword...he didn't need it anyway. Onwards, in any case.

Ladder. This would be awkward. And corpses. More so. Awesome...

Taking off his belt and trying to restrap it so the sword was across his back (and testing to see whether this was helpful in the least for drawing effectively- spoiler, it wasn't, and was just ten times as hard to resheathe), he climbs down the ladder, before looking around. Church. Or...no, cathedral. Too big for just a church. So...where to this time...well, the shopkeep made it sound like outside meant danger, so, fuck that.

Well, looked liked catacombs or something north, so...that seemed good. Might find undead, but they were usually low-level enemies anyway, right? And he would actually be able to defeat them, right?

Right?

Well, there was nothing in this first room.

Well there was an elevator but that just screamed trap.

So...next was a canal? With a raft. And levers. Whelp. Alright, sure, why not.

Pushing himself across (goddamn this was harder than it looked, especially with a fucking current), he steps off, and looks at the selection of doors.

"I choose...door number three!"

And then Rolepgeek opened the right door, poked his head in, and looked around.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5766 on: March 25, 2015, 12:40:40 am »

Kyle watches the odd man walk by with a neutral expression...
"Shut up, I totally need twenty chalices."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5767 on: March 25, 2015, 12:45:30 am »

(Wait, how did you go through there without encountering Group A?)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5768 on: March 25, 2015, 12:48:53 am »

(Wait, how did you go through there without encountering Group A?)

((A. not trawling the thread stupendously extensively/the map in the docs not showing where they were))
((B. Distracted by everything and a short lull in their conversation))
((C. I don't wanna join a group yet but short of going through a minefield and being unable to find any actually new rooms going through the Cathedral was basically my only option))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5769 on: March 25, 2015, 12:53:46 am »

((My bad on the map. Fixed now. But to go through at least one of you would have to see the other.))
((Since 0player hasn't posted in a while, let's say she appeared later and they overheard you instead of her.))

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5770 on: March 25, 2015, 12:54:57 am »

((Sigh.

Okay.))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5771 on: March 25, 2015, 01:19:08 am »

Armach looks at the newcomers arm and see the machine. "Oh hey, I'm guessing you're a bay 12 guy." He points to his own machine. "We all have those arm thingies too. I'm Armach, that schizophrenic guy is Kyle, the guy with the dragon is Endless and last but not least that's Propman. So are you here to join Team PEAK?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 01:22:52 am by armach »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5772 on: March 25, 2015, 01:35:41 am »

"Uh, no? I think. If...bay12...I'm Rolepgeek, then. And...Kyle...wait shit you're Kayjay, aren't you? Oh my god this is hilarious and awful at the same time. Did everyone on the forums get sucked in here or something? Or am I dreaming? Maybe this is just a super-realistic-ish dream..."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5773 on: March 25, 2015, 01:42:13 am »

"It's not a dream. This is real, I couldn't believe it either. It was only until I almost died in a tiny store that I realized this wan't a dream."

0player

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5774 on: March 25, 2015, 03:48:28 am »

Zero wakes up from the haze when hears someone repeatedly calling through the stone door across the cathedral. Powerful echoes reflect off the ancient stone roof, filling the space up with otherworldly sounds.
“Whoa! Ah! Goddamn sleepiness doesn't leave me even in dreams.”
A quick look around her reveals several young men. They do not appear hostile -- or having noticed her presence amidst the shattered stone.
She approaches as carefully as she can. Once bitten, twice shy...
"...It's not a dream... this is real. I couldn't believe it either", she overhears from a pleasantly-looking black-haired boy, standing the closest to her. Her involuntary gasp completely annihilates whatever surprise she still had.
“Are you sure it's not a dream?” He probably isn't trying to trick me... not even talking to me, after all.

((I deeply apologize for my prolonged absence. Unfortunately, strings of real-life distractions happen sometimes.))
((Kevak, what do you mean it's not okay to enter with the character based off you? I'm pretty sure rules say that appearance and clothing doesn't have to match real life...))
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 04:06:24 am by 0player »
Pages: 1 ... 383 384 [385] 386 387 ... 427