Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 290747 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. Stealing a car?)
« Reply #5700 on: March 23, 2015, 02:44:44 pm »

(Jeez guys, I was asleep! Anyway, just some clarifications:
1. It's gotta be YOU, since a character based on you would still know different things than you would and have different experiences, memories, and possibly skills. Though it seems that's already resolved.
2. Teleporter deposits you with a loud bang and a bright flash of light. I've added that info to the OP now.
3. Don't worry about reading 400+ pages of backstory. What new players need to know is revealed to them as they explore. Though the long-winded summary is probably due for an update.)
(Might want to make your first ability a little more specific, like seeing hidden creatures better or being more able to spot tracks/signs.)

Smile receding, Tech removes the faux peppermint stick from her mouth to inspect the opening. Outright, unjust deception! No one fakes a candycane!

The aftertaste was a nice touch, though.
It's a small aperture, not unlike that of a camera, but nearly invisible when closed.

"C'mon, let's at least check. As we've seen, even in this place not everything works quite the same as back home."
"We'd all be a lot less traumatized if it could have powered the whole building..."

"..What kind of generator can't power a small building? How big is it?"
"It's not exactly a small building. It's got a decent-sized arcade, a lasertag arena, and a pizzeria."
"I think he meant the generator."
"Oh. Well, it was a bit bigger than a BBQ grill, but only a bit. The damn thing could barely handle running the lights on dim and closing a few doors."
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 03:04:22 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5701 on: March 23, 2015, 02:58:23 pm »

Tech takes a moment to rub off the end with her shirt, most embarrassedly, watching for any further movement.

"I don't really mean to interrupt, but, uh, Hugo— the candycane Santabot gave me is plastic— and it's acting a little weird."
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5702 on: March 23, 2015, 03:13:47 pm »

Quasar flies over and lands on Tech's arm "Lemme see..." He pecks the candy cane, then chews it a bit. "Plastic. Ooh, minty aftertaste though. I'm not getting a reading from it, kid. What else is so weird about it?"

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5703 on: March 23, 2015, 03:22:59 pm »

Tech shrugged haplessly, looking to Quasar. "There was something at the end. It kind of looked like a camera."
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5704 on: March 23, 2015, 03:29:48 pm »

As the arm he's perched on shrugs, Quasar flaps once to steady himself. Tilting his head around to look at the end with the aperture, he pecks at it. "No idea. Just try not to point it at anyone, I guess. Lest it be sendin' our pictures to customer support."

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5705 on: March 23, 2015, 03:32:20 pm »

"Aye aye, Cap'in."

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5706 on: March 23, 2015, 06:34:57 pm »

2. Teleporter deposits you with a loud bang and a bright flash of light. I've added that info to the OP now.

(When was it described as ever having a sound?  And the instance when teleportation was introduced was the light increasing from nothing to having the person surrounded over the course of...I think 10 seconds? with a fade out time similar, with the person temporarily paralyzed for the course of it.)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5707 on: March 23, 2015, 07:00:58 pm »

(When Kevak used it, having been the first to do so. It's made a noise in the subsequent times. Presumably it's not the same, visually, as the fast travel in the OW.)

HugoLuman steps back into the restaurant's doorway. "Let's just go check at least?"

"I might be able to help here. But I want something in exchange."

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5708 on: March 23, 2015, 07:34:10 pm »

"Hey, does Quasar want a cracker?" Tech questioned the bird, the corners of her mouth going to form an amused smile.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5709 on: March 23, 2015, 08:07:11 pm »

"... That sounds like the least fuel efficient piece of crap in existence. A generator the size of a BBQ should be capable of running a large home with all appliances running. Barely handling an arcade and lighting is not a good generator. You sure you wanna hook that up to a car? It might make a okayish power source for GLaDOS, but with the sheer number of electric cars available. And likely solar panel surplus due to that. Probably wouldn't be hard to find a solar panel and loot the car engine to provide a stronger power source that's less likely to crash when she thinks too hard."

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5710 on: March 23, 2015, 08:43:23 pm »

Iton returns from his daze and looks around at the others confused, how did he get here, what's going on, wasn't I just in an arcade? He thinks to himself
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5711 on: March 23, 2015, 09:02:14 pm »

"... That sounds like the least fuel efficient piece of crap in existence. A generator the size of a BBQ should be capable of running a large home with all appliances running. Barely handling an arcade and lighting is not a good generator. You sure you wanna hook that up to a car? It might make a okayish power source for GLaDOS, but with the sheer number of electric cars available. And likely solar panel surplus due to that. Probably wouldn't be hard to find a solar panel and loot the car engine to provide a stronger power source that's less likely to crash when she thinks too hard."
"Oh, please. I'm running on 1.099 volts here. But get me out of this root vegetable, and I'll let you know what you don't know here. I'd even take a pair of double-A batteries over this."

"Hey, does Quasar want a cracker?" Tech questioned the bird, the corners of her mouth going to form an amused smile.
Quasar pecks her on the finger.
Oi! Behave!

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5712 on: March 23, 2015, 09:04:32 pm »

**Its at least worth a try. Worst comes to worse, Mademoiselle Tuber here takes control and runs us over with the car.**
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5713 on: March 23, 2015, 09:05:05 pm »

"Tough crowd."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5714 on: March 23, 2015, 10:36:51 pm »

"Alright, let's go get it then. Erm, gonna need some help..." HugoLuman walks back into the building.

"Tough crowd."
"Yeah." Quasar moves up to her shoulder. "So where'd that ghost go?"
Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 427