Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 370 371 [372] 373 374 ... 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 290853 times)

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile
Re: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread, WE DID IT GROUP 1!)
« Reply #5565 on: March 19, 2015, 12:12:26 am »

Tech began making her way to Reception, walking rather slowly so the others could catch up. "I miss WiFi; and the chocolate milk. I mean, I haven't been here that long, but I really miss the chocolate milk."
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 12:15:12 am by technicallyAdventurer »
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #5566 on: March 19, 2015, 12:26:16 am »

Tech is intercepted in the hallway leading to reception by the Safetybot and Santa (still missing half his face, exposing the robotic skull beneath). Santa drops a gift-wrapped box in front of her and the Safety bot holds out a bicycle helmet. "TH-THANK YOU FOR FOLLOWING THE R-RULES AT ALL TIMES. YOU WIN SAFETY PRIZE"
"HO HO HO"

HugoLuman went to retrieve something from the North Hallway.
So... why are you carrying around your own severed bodyparts? You haven't gotten rid of those fingers from yesterday, and now this. It's not like you need anything reattached.
It just seems like a bad idea to leave stuff like that lying around.
Wait... are you paranoid of voodoo magic?
Well, it's not entirely out of the question in this place, is it? So I wouldn't say paranoid, exactly.
Whatever.

Then he heard the voice of the robots, and came running. The room was over. They weren't a threat anymore, were they?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5567 on: March 19, 2015, 12:41:49 am »

((Apologies Prophet for not running the store encounter. Sorta had unexpected moving and housing issues. Hugo and I decided to autoresolve it.))

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5568 on: March 19, 2015, 01:20:27 am »

Understandably, Tech was startled at first. But a childish glee replaced the fear in her eyes as she witnessed Santa's gift plop affront her, a smile blossoming on her lips as those same eyes went up to examine the helmet. "These are- they're for me?"
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5569 on: March 19, 2015, 01:34:11 am »

Safety bot sets the helmet on top of the present-box, and both the robots move past Tech and back into the Arcade. HugoLuman remembers himself and skids to a halt as soon as he catches sight of the safety bot. "What's going on?"

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5570 on: March 19, 2015, 01:52:46 am »

"Santa and the safety bot brought some gifts. That was a nice surprise." Tech idly explained, preoccupied with placing the helmet atop her head. "Well, uh, the helmet was a safety prize. Do you wanna see what's in the box?"

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread, LOOK OUT GROUP 1!)
« Reply #5571 on: March 19, 2015, 01:57:03 am »

<Prior Post>

The door opened up into a fairly large room.  The appearance of the room was akin to games from early 3d, though, upon further investigation, the edges on certain parts of the room were not sharp, but were worn in a way so as to aid in grip.  In addition, what would have been a texture painted upon a surface, such as ladders or vines, were on top of the walls rather than as a part of them.  Other than that, it was identical in style to games such as Half Life, Tomb Raider, or Quake II.

A search of the room revealed that there were no enemies within it, though Zanzetkuken did not believe she was in the clear just yet.  Considering that it was yet to be determined if this room followed what some games with this type of structure did, such as having enemies that only spawned in when you went over certain squares of the room.

A look towards the floor brought to notice that it was composed of a set of what could be considered tiles, noticeable through the texture repeating at 1 meter intervals.  Each of the elevated sections were constrained to the same areas, though frequently doubled up, and were just under 2 meters in height.  On the northern face of a pillar in the roughly the center of the room was a ladder, though it terminated one 'block' above the ground.  A noticeable alcove to its east had a set of vines that terminated two 'blocks' off of the ground.  There was another to the pillar's 'west' that apparently contained the door to the exit, though the gap between the two was a bit further than what she could reasonably jump.  The gap to the north between two other raised sections nor the gap between the standalone pillar and the east alcove, were not outside of those limits.

After putting the shotgun in the back holster that was on the bandoleer that held the weapon's ammo, Zanzetkuken climbed up onto the platform that allowed access to the lower pillar, then climbing up onto the raised section itself.  From that point, she noticed that, on the area across from where she was standing, there was a lever on the wall upon the other side.  "I wonder what that's for..." Zanzetkuken muttered to herself.  After a few false starts, she managed to work up enough will to make the jump , managing to land on the other elevated section without too much trouble.  After managing to make it across and calming down from what she had just attempted, Zanzetkuken attempted to pull the lever on the wall, the mechanism stubbornly staying put.  Adjusting the grip she had upon the lever, she attempted again and after a bit of effort, the mechanism gave.  Hearing a rumbling, she noticed that the doors to the exit were 'open', revealing a hallway that probably held the primary exit.  It was just a matter of getting over there, now...

Spoiler: Rough Map (click to show/hide)

(Used abbr tags to have the rolls in the text, but not interrupt the text.)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5572 on: March 19, 2015, 02:05:38 am »

"Santa and the safety bot brought some gifts. That was a nice surprise." Tech idly explained, preoccupied with placing the helmet atop her head. "Well, uh, the helmet was a safety prize. Do you wanna see what's in the box?"
"Um, sure."
"Because what could possibly be suspicious about a gift from Terminator Santa?"
"Hmm."
HugoLuman walked over. "Can I see it for a sec? Just want to get a danger reading."

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5573 on: March 19, 2015, 03:58:03 am »

Tech handed the box to HugoLuman, shrugging her shoulders.

0player

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5574 on: March 19, 2015, 06:37:01 am »

“Ugh, those can't cut the paper piece anyway,” Zero concludes after much frustration, “and I'm overstaying my welcome in this shitsponge.”
“Well, that's... that's a lot of corpses here. What a sick, sick place. Moving straight ahead...”
After climbing the ladder, she enters the large cathedral room and has a chance to stare at the aftermath of what happened there.
“Well, this... this is a very bad dream. I... think I need a bit of rest. This is not funny anymore.”
She sits right where she stood, almost falling; and closes her eyes to gather herself.
“Thank Asha I didn't at least know any of those.”

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5575 on: March 19, 2015, 06:44:08 am »

"Why are the killbots giving presents?"
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5576 on: March 19, 2015, 07:21:16 am »

Iton looks at GR,"I dunno, but do you know anyone willing to pop my shoulder back in place?"
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5577 on: March 19, 2015, 01:10:48 pm »

***Why, its a COMPLIMENTARY prize from the denizens of Bandits PlayhouseTM for our work appropriate and safety following services~!***

*Don't look a gift puppet in the mouth, alright? They might change their minds.*
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5578 on: March 19, 2015, 02:00:23 pm »

HugoLuman shakes the box, then shrugs. "Well, doesn't seem dangerous." He hands it back, then smiles. "Merry Christmas. Just a sec." He walks over to the Christmas Corner, passing the now-docile Santa heading that way, and retrieves his axe.

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5579 on: March 19, 2015, 03:36:24 pm »

Tech accepts the gift in turn, glancing towards Hugo as he leaves the room before her attention is drawn back to the box she holds. Opening it, there was but a moment of hesitation as she tore away the wrapping paper.
Pages: 1 ... 370 371 [372] 373 374 ... 427