Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 368 369 [370] 371 372 ... 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 290918 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread, LOOK OUT GROUP 1!)
« Reply #5535 on: March 17, 2015, 01:47:41 pm »

Armach hits the key below the gold octave.
The room fills with warmth, and a shriek comes from right next to Kyle

((Have I missed anything?) not read since my last post)
(Which keys are rather important. Higher or lower than the gold-painted octave (which is in the center)? How much higher or lower?)

"Uh, are- are we going to take turns or- er- who is- uh, going to watch... Bandit—? Yeah."
HugoLuman raises a claw, somewhat hesitantly. After all, if it came to it, he'd probably have a better chance at holding out for rescue...
Quite some time passed before anything happened though, about half an hour it seemed. Depending, perhaps people were either made increasingly nervous or had time to calm down, or distract themselves HugoLuman looked up rather suddenly, and a bird suddenly appeared on top of his head. "Sup. What I miss?"
It's good to have you back.
Good to be back... jeez, I don't want to have to do that again

At about that time, they heard some noises coming from the Arcade. It sounded like... games? [power 5/5]
(Basically we all made it into the Manager's Office and are waiting for signs of the accordion robot, since that's the only thing that can get us in there)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 01:53:40 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #5536 on: March 17, 2015, 02:08:16 pm »

Kyle kicks at it.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5537 on: March 17, 2015, 02:34:12 pm »

Kyle kicks at it.
He feels nothing: the creature seems to be gone.

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5538 on: March 17, 2015, 05:02:43 pm »

Tech waves to Quasar, flashing those to who it was visible a smile. "Hey there, Quas- Quasar. Wait, uh, do you-" After voicing her welcome, her head perks up at the faintly-audible noise, taking a moment thereafter to glance back at the rest of the group. "Do you guys hear that, or?"
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 05:15:54 pm by technicallyAdventurer »
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5539 on: March 17, 2015, 07:28:35 pm »

Tech waves to Quasar, flashing those to who it was visible a smile. "Hey there, Quas- Quasar. Wait, uh, do you-" After voicing her welcome, her head perks up at the faintly-audible noise, taking a moment thereafter to glance back at the rest of the group. "Do you guys hear that, or?"
"Yeah. Sounds like someone turned the Arcade on, maybe. That dude still on the phone? And do I what?"
[5] It would seem not.

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5540 on: March 17, 2015, 07:34:08 pm »

"I was just asking if you heard- you know, heard it or not, I wasn't saying anything else. Uh, should we, um, go to- I mean, go check it out?"
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5541 on: March 17, 2015, 08:05:56 pm »

I mean, all we'd have to do is poke our heads out and look around the corner, right?
"I guess, it's just outside. Just flip the switch marked 'here' on that panel."

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5542 on: March 17, 2015, 08:12:17 pm »

"Right—um," Doing as she'd been instructed, Tech flipped the switch. With the 'thud' of the door sounding as it situated itself in it's current position, she moved a few paces back from the panel to peer outside the doorway.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 08:24:24 pm by technicallyAdventurer »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5543 on: March 17, 2015, 08:28:26 pm »

All the arcade machines seemed to be on, with flashing lights on the mini-rides and some things sounding their pre-recorded advertisements. The Knight seemed to be just standing in the middle of it all, at his wheel.

0player

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5544 on: March 18, 2015, 03:16:33 am »

Name: Zero, the player.
Appearance: Black-haired girl, appearing roughly 16, wrapped in a lot of colorful cloth. Height: 160 weight: 50
Inventory:
Green headband
Yellow cloth scarf
Green cloth jacket
Red shirt (yes, yes, I know)
Brown leather boots
Sewing kit
Intro
Yet another pod opens, spitting out a ridiculuosly-clothed teenage girl holding a decently-sized box in her embrace. There's just enough cloth on her to soften her fall, but the "thump" with which she tumbles onto the floor of course wakes her up. The girl sits down and shakes her head several times until she makes sure that the room with surreal devices isn't going anywhere.
“This is either a dream, or it is a dream. I better try to wake up.”
She carefully puts her box, which reveals to contain needles, patches, threads and pins, on the floor before walking up to the device in the middle of the room.
“Anyone here?”
Echo is her answer.
“Okay, I get it, this dial looks like the map of the area, and... OUCH!” A device materializes on her right arm, straps struggling to fit, and cutting a bit too deep into the skin at one point. “Looks like this is the free watch dispenser or something. Needs some fine-tuning, though. Now let's look...”
Choose your class. Recommended class: NO WEAPON DETECTED. PLEASE TAKE HOLD OF YOUR WEAPON BEFORE PROCEEDING.
“Oh great, another one of boring game dreams. Thought I'd have a fair share, no? Okay, where's my box... Now what do you have to say now?”
Recommended class: Weaver. Preview/pRoceed? [R]
“Well, I suppose let's look at this... One ability only? Darn! And it seems I have to do a lot of work before even getting close to the second one. This is not one of the fun ones, is it.”
Spoiler: Class Selected (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5545 on: March 18, 2015, 03:35:41 am »

(They don't: to get XP, you need to be in a room when it's beaten. It could be good for getting an idea of the stuff you may be in for, though some of the stuff around would be rather horrifying)
(More on this tomorrow. I'm only up right now due to work.)
(And sorry about not responding to your intro the first time round, BTW)

"Okay, yep, the arcade's been switched on. Now let's close the door before something gets in. Phone dude said we'd have nothing to worry about unless we hear accordion, right?"

0player

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5546 on: March 18, 2015, 06:08:03 am »

“Alright, as they say, fortune doesn't favor fools. Or was it the other way around?” Zero steps boldly through the only exit she sees from the area.
“Oh ASHA that doesn't seem nice at all.” A profound observation for someone witnessing the grim brown room with stones, piles of poo, and splatters of blood. The anxious music with no visible source doesn't ease up the atmosphere.
‘The smell's just... ugh... wait, is that Danny Baranowsky? Wow, imagination, of all the shittiest references... I better don't cry, or I'll start lagging like hell.”
She spits in the general direction of the dung pile nearby. It scatters, as if confronted by a staggering force. The odor thickens.
“Uh gruut,” – it's quite hard to speak while grasping at your nose, – “uf it isn't half a damn heart underneath all this crap, no way in a thosand years I'm coming anywhere near. What'd I do anyway, eat it? Yep, and there's the blue rock. Not that I have any bombs, of course. Let's just leave this disgusting place.”
Just before exiting through the opposite door, she turns back and grins to herself. “I wonder what'd happen if I cut off my head with my pinking shears... shouldn't be fatal here, right?”
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 03:28:59 pm by 0player »

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5547 on: March 18, 2015, 09:55:10 am »

Iton sits against a wall in the room
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5548 on: March 18, 2015, 03:57:10 pm »

(For the most part, the piles of poo have been cleaned away, leaving stains on the floor)

(Anyway, let's finish this!)

They closed the door and waited for the accordion, hoping the arcade wouldn't drown it out. They heard it five times before the end. As it turned out, the arcade being on seemed to totally pacify the Knight, leaving only the Spider to worry about. They dealt with that by closing the Climate Control door after they opened their own door to prevent it jumping anyone as they left.

The first time, HugoLuman went to check it out, as he'd volunteered, leaving Quasar behind to communicate. He followed the music into the lasertag maze using the wisp to see as before (as it had not resumed following Quasar), where he found the bot and watched its performance. It was somewhat nerve-wracking, with the Safetybot patrolling the maze, but he reminded himself that it was okay, as long as he followed the rules. [2] He also went out on the second time, where he found Bandit in the backstage area, but the Spider came out of the vent there, causing him to run and come afoul of the safety bot (who had wandered back out into the Arcade). "THREE STRIKES!" it shrieked, before extending its arms out like the robot from Futurama. [9+1] It caught him by the right leg, and somehow he managed to pull free, but he felt it snap as he did so, and limped back to the office as fast as he could. The safety bot seemed to calm down after a while, but HugoLuman spent the rest of the time skulking behind the desk with his broken leg.
[20] Fortunately, the remaining times the music sounded, Bandit didn't seem to hang out anywhere near the vents, and those who ventured out had few problems watching the performance then getting back to safety. At last they reached three minutes (they estimated) before the time was up, not enough time for any further performances to threaten them. Quasar, standing on the desk, called out. "Oh hey, Boss is about to change back!"

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
Re: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread, WE DID IT GROUP 1!)
« Reply #5549 on: March 18, 2015, 04:07:19 pm »

Iton begins to whistle a happy tune, not dieing is great.
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.
Pages: 1 ... 368 369 [370] 371 372 ... 427