Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 291245 times)

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
Re: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread, LOOK OUT GROUP 1!)
« Reply #4995 on: February 05, 2015, 07:30:54 pm »

"They've been knocking. And chasing us. Look, any drama from one of us dying won't really hold: we do come back, around here. And if someone does kick it they can warp back, as long as someone else stays alive. Although not dying is still optimal, really."
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4996 on: February 05, 2015, 07:34:30 pm »

-snip-
((Yeah... I probably should have collected that through PM/IM, but I've had to shut myself in the library again, since sometimes academia is a pain, so I wasn't around. Still in the library, too, but I hope to get out around 7.))

((Though note: warps go to the last safe location, not necessarily where the group actually is))
"Okay, real talk. What city is this? And yes, this is a serious question. We're a little, ah, lost. Yeah. Lost."
"Uh... you know, use of illicit substances is highly against company policy... I, um, really wouldn't recommend coming into work 'lost.' But... you... really don't know you're in Blue Mills?"

The song was quickly devolving into discordant noises, and from the sound of it, getting closer.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4997 on: February 05, 2015, 07:49:04 pm »

As the noise approached, it succeeded in grabbing the entirety of Tech's attention— rather quickly, at that. Anxiously, she folded her legs, resting the soles of her shoes on the edge of her seat. Wrapping her arms about her legs and burrying her face inbetween her knees, she started to shake her head from one side to the other, repeatedly murmuring things that couldn't quite reach the others' ears.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 07:52:26 pm by technicallyAdventurer »
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4998 on: February 05, 2015, 07:56:18 pm »

"They've been knocking. And chasing us. Look, any drama from one of us dying won't really hold: we do come back, around here. And if someone does kick it they can warp back, as long as someone else stays alive. Although not dying is still optimal, really."
"If it involves pizza ovens, I'm sure none of us want to go through that, even if it isn't permanent. Not to mention I don't want to find out what happens to me if boss dies and loses his class."

The song has gotten much closer, sounding like it's coming from the North hall, but doesn't seem to go any further. Then they heard a banging and clanking in the vents.

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4999 on: February 05, 2015, 08:16:03 pm »

"please no, please no, please," Tech repeated in quick succession, each 'please' sounding shakier than the one to come before it. The movement sounding in the vents didn't exactly help— at all.
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5000 on: February 05, 2015, 08:52:24 pm »

"As soon as we get out of here we ought to go back to that starship and raid its armory with the marines. I don't like being caught without a method of...active defense."
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5001 on: February 05, 2015, 08:53:09 pm »

HugoLuman had been braver before. Last year, with the lockdown... why was he losing his cool now? Then again, that time he figured it was probably a hoax, even if he wasn't totally convinced until an hour or so in. And he hadn't been shoved into an oven then. And the loud noises weren't helping, especially with how they shook that part of the brain he'd been keeping under control so well. He stood up and leaned against the nearest person, Quasar hopping down from the desk and back over to his side.

It didn't take long for the banging to stop. It probably didn't have far to travel. A few faltering accordion notes came from the vent directly above.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5002 on: February 05, 2015, 08:55:36 pm »

*I figure that thing's going to drop down any minute now. If its small enough to fit through that vent, its small enough to overpower. We need to keep it away from the door controls. Its buddies could be waiting outside the doors for the little bugger to let them in.*

Arcvasti readies himself for extreme raccoon wrestling.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5003 on: February 05, 2015, 09:19:09 pm »

A pair of large, cartoony eyes flicker to light inside the vent, and from the accordion starts to come Toccata and Fugue.

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5004 on: February 05, 2015, 09:57:48 pm »

Tech found herself incapable of movement, aside from shaking, along with the frantic murmuring she'd been doing only a few moments ago. She simply cast her gaze downward, examining the ridges in the fabric of her jeans. She feared what sight she'd be met with if she looked up.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5005 on: February 05, 2015, 10:01:40 pm »

SB calmly gathers up his new old rifle, cocks it, and points it at the vent the sound appears to be coming from.
Black lives matter.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5006 on: February 06, 2015, 06:01:11 am »

GentlemanRaptor locks the bolt into place on his rifle, unmounts the scope, and waits.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5007 on: February 06, 2015, 07:53:45 am »

Iton gets his (I think I picked it back up) axe ready and stands
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5008 on: February 06, 2015, 05:57:57 pm »

Times like these are what made Tech wish she had something other than a slingshot to defend herself.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5009 on: February 06, 2015, 07:46:33 pm »

Iton gets his (I think I picked it back up) axe ready and stands
((Nope, it's dropped in the kitchen. Sorry))
((Also, SB, you've got an unused level and we need to add the other weapons you picked up to your sheet))

The song goes on for quite some time, well beyond the opening notes that most uses of it stopped at, the eyes flashing in time with the beat. After it finally ended, there was a long moment of silence.

Then, suddenly, a long, electronic tone came from the vent above. After about 4 seconds, it began oscillating, from low enough that they felt, rather than heard it, to high enough that it made HugoLuman wince.

"Uh oh..."
Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 427