Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 290168 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

"Sooo, Proooophet. Wanna go loot some stores while our friends deal with whatever's in there?"

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile

Iton walks over and opens the door to the room with axe and crowbar at the ready
(I swear to god if this is a five nights at Freddy's room I will axe my way out if I have to)
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

(That room's doors are currently wide open, as are the ones for the other room on that side of the hall)
(Gonna give people some time to come online and see the posts before I describe that room, need to work on something for a succession game. If no replies in 1 hour or so, I'll just edit this post.)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

(I swear to god if this is a five nights at Freddy's room I will axe my way out if I have to)

(That was released around Halloween, right?  IC you wouldn't know what that is, if you entered before that.  If you do know the date you heard of the game, and that is after you entered, you again wouldn't know IC.)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(But that comment wasn't IC, and I will still axe my way through it because FNAF isn't even scary anyways)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(It was released August 8th, and he posted his sheet September 14th)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

(But that comment wasn't IC, and I will still axe my way through it because FNAF isn't even scary anyways)

(Granted, way out will probably be locked and, considering how in this, everything is trying to kill you, your probably going to die.)

(It was released August 8th, and he posted his sheet September 14th)

(So it would become a matter if he heard of it before or after September 14th.  And damn, August?  It feels like it was released so much closer to the present than that.)
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(You do understand the term 'axe my way out' right? I meant I was going to chop apart everything that's in my path to the exit)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Let's stop the OOC for now. Attempts to axe your way out and their success can be decided IC in a bit.)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread, GROUP 1, ARE YOU READY?)
« Reply #4239 on: January 02, 2015, 03:45:22 pm »

(Let's stop the OOC for now. Attempts to axe your way out and their success can be decided IC in a bit.)

(I'm waiting on you to post a response as Propman, having him have his shotgun ready, and for armach to post his response.)

(Also, Cryxis, I was saying that they have metal endoskeletons and a tough to cut material.  Probably not gonna be able to do much to one if they get in your way.)

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4240 on: January 02, 2015, 03:52:04 pm »

(Have you never seen what an axe can do to metal?)
((Sorry I'll stop OOC))

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4241 on: January 02, 2015, 03:55:08 pm »

((Typing up room description now.))
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 04:00:22 pm by HugoLuman »

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4242 on: January 02, 2015, 07:59:54 pm »

GentlemanRaptor tightens his grip on his rifle.

"That sounds...ominous. Let's get in there."
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4243 on: January 02, 2015, 08:02:32 pm »

Arcvasti follows Iton, worrying his coin with his free hand in anxiety. Drug crazed and suicidal though he may be, he's probably Arcvasti's best hope for survival.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4244 on: January 02, 2015, 08:16:57 pm »

He does, a turn-switch akin to a car starter, and the generator begins to hum. It comes to life slowly, taking about a minute before it really starts thrumming, and another minute before anything seems to change in the building. Lights begin to flicker on throughout the building, not many and leaving it still very dim, but no longer pitch black. Everything seems to be taking a bit to warm up.

Suddenly, from the room across the hall from the generator, comes the jarring sound of a phone ringing, echoing throughout the still mostly dead-silent building. It rings for about 30 seconds before a reedy male voice begins speaking from voice mail. "Uh, hello? Hello? Well, if you're hearing this, you should really follow the sound of my voice and get in this room..."

Kevak and Prophet, standing out front, dimly hear the phone ring inside for about 10 seconds before bars slide down over the windows and the door, blocking their entry.
(NOTE: unless you post otherwise, I'll assume everyone in here followed us into this room)

Iton and the others enter the room across the hall, weapons raised. A single lamp hanging from the ceiling now lights the room with harsh yellow, spilling very little light into the hall outside. There is another empty doorway across from the one he entered through. Against the wall to the right is a large, heavy desk with a cheap office chair to the side. Several objects sit on top, including a heavy CRT monitor, the phone they'd heard, and a large switchboard of some kind, overlaid with a map.

Spoiler: Non-ASCII (click to show/hide)

After a few seconds, during which the sound of a throat-clearing can be heard, the phone message resumes talking. "Uh... so, if you're running the building off the generator, everything takes a few minutes to come online, so we've got some time to explain some stuff here. Um... First off, welcome to Bandit's Playhouse, where fun and games meets great food and music. We're currently not open right now, so the building's gone into automatic lockdown for... uh, 3 hours. But I wouldn't be too worried about that.

So, uh, as you should know, Bandit's Playhouse uses only the highest-quality fun and games, including our trademark animatronic characters with state-of-the-art technology. Now, since these aren't exactly standard operating hours, some of the buried sub-routines from their original designs might resurface and cause some, uh, quirks. I think the endoskeletons they use were re-purposed from a military design... yeah. Buuut, you shouldn't have anything to worry about from any bugs. Just make sure to follow all the posted rules, and keep an eye on each of them to make sure they don't get into any trouble.

Oh, and, uh, be careful not to overload the generator. It's got an output of 5 units of power, and pretty much everything here takes about 1 unit to run. The camera system and the utility light system take 1 each, and if you want to turn the lights on brighter it would take about 1 per unit per room. There are also some security doors, they run off some kind of active-denial mechanism so it takes 1 power each to keep them closed. If you need to for some reason. If you want, you could run the arcade or the lasertag, but it would take 2 units to run either of those. So, uh, just make sure not to use more than 5 units of power at any time or you'll overload the generator. If you do overload it, or if it becomes switched off somehow, you'll have to do a manual restart. Bear in mind this won't end the lockdown, and once they wake up, the characters have battery reserves to run on, so watch your step. You can control what's switched on from that panel on your desk there, so you won't have to go dive in the fusebox or anything. Those little buttons control what camera the screen's showing, and the "camera" switch turns all the cameras on or off, so don't get those mixed up!

And, uh, one more thing. There are some override controls for the doors in the manager's office down the hall, so if you locked yourself out of here somehow that'd be the place to look. Anyway, things will start waking up real soon, so, uh, stay safe, follow the rules, have fun. Oh, and good luck!"

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 08:20:34 pm by HugoLuman »
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 427