Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 290186 times)

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile

An inaudible hum on her lips, Tech's attention made it's way over to the other's device, as she was unsure of what to do with the newly-equipped gadgetry. Observing the motions of his hand and the things he tapped, her own fingers ghosted over the options situated on her screen. Occasionally, her focus would stray onto his strangely familiar features, causing her to unwittingly squint her eyes slightly. She mentally questioned who he might be, running a few names through her head— though the self-inquiry wasn't voiced.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 07:23:31 pm by technicallyAdventurer »
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile

((I'm not very creative and got class suggestions from SB my friend :B In that case, though, I can make it two abilities instead of four and boost the effectiveness a bit.

((That's OK I couldn't think of one either and got help from Kev-senpai.))
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Ace of Hearts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

An inaudible hum on her lips, Tech's attention made it's way over to the other's device, as she was unsure of what to do with the newly-equipped gadgetry. Observing the motions of his hand and the things he tapped, her own fingers ghosted over the options situated on her screen. Occasionally, her focus would stray onto his strangely familiar features, causing her to unwittingly squint her eyes slightly. She mentally questioned who he might be, running a few names through her head— though the self-inquiry wasn't voiced.

He looked over the words and options given on the device, too focused on it at the moment to notice the female that stood beside him having glanced and taking in his appearance. Soon, he found himself having sense eyes on him, and he looked over, and right at Tech. With a blink, he rose an eyebrow, having the sudden instinct to ask if something was wrong or if the" female needed anything. But instead he spoke up with an: "Hey?"
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 07:42:47 pm by Ace of Hearts »
"If every fool wore a crown, we should all be kings."

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile

Being shyer than most, Tech began to stumble over her words upon having the stranger in question return her gaze. "Are— um, where are we?"
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile

((Well, adventurer is about as generic a class as you can get, but the ability sounds both level appropriate and in line with the name. However, to improve the ability, you'll have to take additional ones to improve it ("Easy Movement II," etc) so I'd make the first one a small but noticeable boost.))

So... do you really think of yourself as an "incidental character?"
I was trying to mess with the ghost's head, but when you think about it, it's kinda true.
Well, you seem real enough to me.
I never said I wasn't real. But this world does seem to be created around you guys, doesn't it?
I suppose... say, if I get out of here, what happens to you?
Hell if I know.

Quasar and Hugo both hear the ghosts voice inside their mental conversation or whatever it's called
(Don't know how to put a glow effect so just doing italics)
Hey guys, whatcha talking about? Oh yeah forgot to mention I can hear this telepathy nonsense but don't worry your secrets are safe with me.

Obviously something more magical is up with this druggy ghost
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

((Note: our telepathy is directional, i.e. Quasar and I can hear each other and whatever single individual the other is currently talking to. But it's conceivable that a ghost or more dedicated psychic/telepath could pick it up.))

Woah, dude, private conversation here. As in, direct mind-to-mind here. Could not be more private.
Well, just existential stuff, but yeah... kinda butting in here. How are you even doing that?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Im not exactly sure myself, just noticed mouths not moving but quite a bit of talking happening........... Anywho, what the heck are you guys doing here? I mean I doubt you're here on a field trip unless this is some srewy episode of rick and Morty
(Would make up some fake show name but then it would lose it's meaning)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

((Depends on how the telepathy works. Technically the endgame Empath Tiers for the Shifter class has a fairly long range of what amounts to emotional and conceptual telepathy, not words, but the concepts and emotions behind them. More or less mindreading that can't be turned off. Which is why it requires the endgame tiers of Mental Focus to keep the shifter functioning with that utter bombardment of everything at once. Most of the trees require an equivalent Mental Focus tier. A lot of the abilities have the drawback of not being possible to turn off. Useful, but can be a problem.))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

"Hey Zan, how about after this we go to the noob room and see if there's anyone there. Could help them through some rooms and get some easy levels."
Kyle says as he gathers long lengths of rope.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Depends on how the telepathy works. Technically the endgame Empath Tiers for the Shifter class has a fairly long range of what amounts to emotional and conceptual telepathy, not words, but the concepts and emotions behind them. More or less mindreading that can't be turned off. Which is why it requires the endgame tiers of Mental Focus to keep the shifter functioning with that utter bombardment of everything at once. Most of the trees require an equivalent Mental Focus tier. A lot of the abilities have the drawback of not being possible to turn off. Useful, but can be a problem.))
((The Animal Empathy telepathy is a bit limited. It works on channels (or specific, targeted transmissions), to use telecom analogy, rather than broadcasting thoughts. Those who have AE can talk to animals and other beings with AE with it, though for mental conversation to occur someone with the ability has to initiate contact ("open a channel"). For the ghost to pick up on the "channel" between Quasar and I is therefore a bit significant, though ghosts in general are known for psychic stuff I guess.))

Im not exactly sure myself, just noticed mouths not moving but quite a bit of talking happening........... Anywho, what the heck are you guys doing here? I mean I doubt you're here on a field trip unless this is some srewy episode of rick and Morty
(Don't worry about glow, italics without quotes is all you need for telepathy.)
(Bear in mind from the perspective of the first group, it's been 1 day into memorial day weekend, 2014)
Hold on, this guy that's presumably been dead for a year or so has heard of a cartoon that's only been around a few months?
Different worlds, different times I guess. It's been longer for the others... hey, but I've already explained this too you, crematio.
Okay, I'm tired of the BS. Truth is, we came to this city from somewhere else (which I think you did as well, since you have no idea what this place is), in search of loot. As far as we can tell, we are players in some kind of reality game, abducted from our homes. I don't know what that makes you, but as I was just telling Quasar here, I don't think it makes you less real than me. Oh, and my name sure as hell isn't Boingo.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 11:14:31 am by HugoLuman »

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok.... Ya that show was out for a few seasons before I died.. Though I'm not sure how long I've been dead. And do you really trust a druggy for timescales? I guess I'll help you guys best I can while I'm following you guys. I can posses things but it's not easy and I can phase through walls if that's at all helpful, well I can phase through not too thick non metal walls that is.
(Rolling for possessing things- 15+ out of D20, rolling for phasing through stuff- 3+ out of D6

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I made an error in my last post. I accidentally put what was supposed to be the last sentence of IC towards the ghost into the OOC response to Kevak. Fixed now.))

Well, that could by useful.
How do you know you can do that? I thought we only woke you up just now.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I made an error in my last post. I accidentally put what was supposed to be the last sentence of IC towards the ghost into the OOC response to Kevak. Fixed now.))

I dunno but why question it.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Iton being very confused looking at the three staring at eachother in silence speaks up,¨What the heck are you guys doing?¨

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Iton being very confused looking at the three staring at eachother in silence speaks up,¨What the heck are you guys doing?¨
"Crematio here just butted into our mental conversation. Which is kinda a sketchy thing to do if you ask me. You guys ready to cross the street yet?"

I dunno but why question it.
Well, to be honest, inconsistent details suggest you might be lying. Don't take it personally, I just tend to question a lot of things.
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 427