Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 289998 times)

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile

Prophet is staring off into space still humming to himself.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

Could throw cripple down first to scope the scene, would definitly be less of a chance having melee pack mule die over one of you guys

**No, you're not expendable. Dying is bad, even if all cases seen thus far have respawned. In radically different bodies. You might end up worse off then you are now. Or not respawn at all. Thing is, we haven't tested all the possibilities, or even really come close to establishing a solid scientific basis for a 100% respawn rate. We don't have NEARLY enough knowledge of how this place works to make life or death decisions based on a half understood mechanic.**

**Although we DO need to decide who's going down first. Not Iton, since we might need someone to catch him if he slips due to his leg. Not Hugo, since I still have no idea of how to get him down there in his current shape.**
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread, OP UPDATED, PLEASE READ)
« Reply #3512 on: December 12, 2014, 07:08:53 pm »

"You're right. You've only seen it twice. And heard my word on it. Perhaps a few others' as well. Scientifically speaking, you've got just a hunch. If that. The experiment here is a no-brainer, but I doubt you're in any hurry to acquire more data. Pity."

"Who asked you, spudnik? Hey guy, want to cram her back in the bag?"

"That's fine. I guess you don't to find out what happens to you if your friend there dies."

"Damn straight. Here's to never finding out! Anyway, let's just send down the other kid first then. Simple. Also, Boss is wondering about the physics of catching 180 pounds or so falling from 16 feet, since you mentioned catching people. Doesn't sound very safe to me, I'll say."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

"I'm interested in what GladOS has to say. More data is always better,

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile

I'll go down.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I'm interested in what GladOS has to say. More data is always better,
"I'm pretty sure by 'data' she means deaths."

"Well, how else would you prove that no matter the situation, your deaths are impermanent? Science requires sacrifices."

"Told you. Hey guy, how about you tie that rope to something secure while chatting?"

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile

Iton in a haze of not even noticing everything ties the last knot on his 'harness' and begins walking to the edge of the building to repel down
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

HugoLuman runs in front of him, shaking Quasar off balance a bit. "You know you don't have the other end tied to anything, right?"

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Iton dazed and confused looks at the rope trailing behind him, "Oh yeah........"
He says as he walks back to the other end of the rope, picking it up," anywhere to tie it to?"

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Let's see..." (11) "Try the bars on that vent there. They look sturdy." There's a vent about 6 feet from the edge of the roof, adjacent to the AC unit everyone's standing next to.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Iton begins tieing the rope onto the bars of the vent, seems like he knows what he's doing.
When he's done he nonchalantly begins walking towards the edge of the roof again 

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quasar called back to the others. "Alright guys, looks like he's going down first after all." HugoLuman looks Iton in the face. "Oh, and boss says be careful." HugoLuman wasn't really sure about this, after what Arcvasti said, but Iton really seemed to want to go first, and he didn't see much that could go wrong that wouldn't go wrong with anyone else climbing down.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Nobody else was really taking action to go down. Now time for rolling to see if one legged rappelling down a wall works)

Iton nods as he carefully begins climbing down the side of the wall [(using a d20) 17] and is able to get a decent climbing position.
Iton begins repelling down and [5] after getting about 6 feet down the wall slips and begins to fall he tries to stop his fall. [11] and is able to use his hands to slow himself a little bit before losing control and falling on his right side.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

HugoLuman dashes to the edge to look over and see if Iton's alright.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Iton picks himself up off the ground and wipes the dirt off before looking back up,"its all good"
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 427