Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 290201 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

It doesn't take much to destroy the padlock, and the burnt chunk of metal falls to the floor, leaving the hatch at the ceiling free to open. "You know, keep that handy next time we meet a big cat." HugoLuman, not much of a fan of ladders, speaks into his walkie-talkie. "We've cleared a way to the roof. Over."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

"Coming." Kevak stows his books and heads over to Hugo and Prophet.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(And now I have to leave for 2.5 hours.)

"Right... not so good with ladders but here goes." HugoLuman climbs up, trying not to look down, and opens the hatch to the roof. He pulls himself onto the surface and rolls away from the gap, sweating a little more and not entirely from the impending curse. "Looks all clear up here! Dunno if I'll be able to climb back down."

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile

Good thing we are going up not down then. Prophet followed by his wisp climbs up.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

Arcvasti follows.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quasar flies back to HugoLuman's shoulder, having dismounted for the ladder climb. Now that they had gained some altitude, for the first time they could get a look at the wider area. Like yesterday, the sky was overcast to such a degree that it was difficult to tell the time of day, but not actually foggy, so they could see some distance. What became readily apparent was that they were currently in the outskirts. "Damn, that's a bit far..."

What was almost certainly "The Spire" rose in the distance, along with several other skyscrapers, in what was presumably the Downtown area. It was at least a couple miles away. The other buildings nearby, while not too tall, blocked the view of the rest of the city, but it looked like there was some kind of warehouse district just several more blocks in the general direction of the city center.

On the plus side, it seemed this roof went on for a bit, given how many of the businesses they'd broken into so far had been part of this single overall structure, and the nearby buildings were mostly adjacent, allowing for rooftop travel for some ways without having to cross over alleys. The gravelly expanse of roof was flat and open, marked only by the occasional skylight or AC/vent.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

Kevak climbs up and looks around.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Should we retcon the marine's time so we can explore more of the city?)
"I don't know if we'll be able to reach that Spire in time to make it back to the marines. Not unless we find an L-train to walk on. Or a working vehicle."
"Who grabbed the radio? We might be able to catch more up here."

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile

(Iton followed prophet and Hugo)
Upon opening the first patch and discovering the few cool things Iton put the tire iron through his belt loop and his bat on some sort of jery rigged sling thing. Iton then grabbed the prybar This could be useful he said as he followed the others onto the roof
(He has slight trouble climbing the ladders but is able to do it with one leg)
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

The Snowglobe

Lilium wastes no time moving into the insulated building. A gust of hot air overcame her as she landed on a rug of which seemed to belong to a really, really big wolf of some kind, its fur a combination of slate gray and milky white. She heard the sound of a massive bonfire in the distance, no doubt the force that kept the area heated.
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Concrete Jungle

"It would feel a bit silly to turn back after coming this far. I think we should go at least a bit further. Maybe the marines will wait for us, they did seem mostly unarmed."

The Snowglobe

Lilium wastes no time moving into the insulated building. A gust of hot air overcame her as she landed on a rug of which seemed to belong to a really, really big wolf of some kind, its fur a combination of slate gray and milky white. She heard the sound of a massive bonfire in the distance, no doubt the force that kept the area heated.
(For scale, the giant's low seat things are about the size of a big armchair laid on its back, and about the shape of a bird's nest. They function basically like giant-sized floor cushions, but they're not too tall for normal sized people to easily sit on.)
From outside comes the sound of a large gate slamming, and another piercing shriek comes from nearby, loud enough to hurt one's ears. "Häivy!" Came the giant's angry shout. "Jätä minut rauhaan!" There was a low growl, followed by the sound of a sudden, heavy impact. The growl came again, but so did the thud!, and the two in the cottage could hear something large running away.

The giant plodded through the door and shut it behind him. There seemed to be a small splash of blood on his huge shepherd's crook now. He shambled into the darkened tunnel at the back of the cottage, where the sound of agitated penguins echoed from, and mumbled something softly until the birds quieted down. He then walked back into the main room and grabbed a bowl the size of a crock pot off a shelf carved into the back wall, shuffling over the the refrigerator-sized pot and scooping something out of it. It smelled sort of like fish and scrambled eggs. The giant sat down on one of the seats and lifted his penguin-like mask slightly to begin slurping from the bowl. After a long gulp, he pointed to the pot. "Haluatko joitakin keittoa?"

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile

"I think, when we get the chance, we should test if the radios work between rooms."
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile

Now that I think of it th marines said 4 hours not two.. We should have plenty of time
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I think, when we get the chance, we should test if the radios work between rooms."
"Definitely. Oh, and since we're up a bit higher, want to check for more signals?"

Now that I think of it th marines said 4 hours not two.. We should have plenty of time
"You sure? Alright, well, then we can at least go as far as those warehouses, if not further." HugoLuman begins walking in that direction. "Shall we?"

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The giant shrugs. "Sinun tulee syödä..." He stood up, setting his bowl down, and went to get another bowl. After filling it, he set it on the table, presumably in case one of the guests decided they wanted it, and retrieved his own bowl to resume eating.

The creature noises came from outside again. "He anna minun ei ole rauhaa..." said the giant, shaking his head.
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 427