Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 289974 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

Caroline lifts nine fingers.
Kahdeksan?
She then draws a 30 on the floor.
Kolmekymentä?
8:30

The giant looks confused for a second, but then nods slightly. "Oikein."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

Dogou: Exterior

Nevertheless, Kyle dispatches the walking box by slicing it open as it lies burning, leaving behind a pile of foam on the carpet.

"Come on lad, I hardly got a chance to swing my blade!" Propman directed his attention towards the towering machination and dashed at it in union with the genin , aiming for one of the segmented cardboard tubes seemingly acting as a tendon to the mech's left leg. [17] Kyle manages to land a solid hit on the paper monster's knee, jamming his blade through its thick cardboard hide and locking it in place, [20] while Propman strikes with enough force as to completely dislocate the targeted segment of the machine's leg, piercing a hole through the thick, yet hollow tube and causing the machine to stagger.

[14-4 (staggered, hamstrung)] The mech tries in vain to meet its foes in close combat, but it is unable to lift its leg to crush them, while its laser is fixed in such a position that it cannot strike either Propman or Kyle. {2} It directs the beam towards Zanzetkuken, but the laser merely grazes the shoulder of her shirt before losing strength. It lets forth an ear-splitting screech that resembles crumpling styrofoam sheets.

The smith removed his now ruined work gloves, his face rather cross as he attempted to put out the handle of his still smouldering hammer by stomping on it. "Damn it, that bastard owes me a new outfit when we find him. This is the first time I've ever seen a construct of this size ever roam the halls!"

The Snowglobe: Mirror Lake

Lilium glanced at the exchange between the giant and the human, puzzled for a moment, before she ultimately realized that they were attempting to teach each other how to count in their respective languages. Counting was the domain of leprechauns and other types of fae that had to keep track of multiple things, and she herself only needed to remember how many months there were between spring and winter, even if such information was mostly useless in a dungeon where no place seemed to have a natural seasonal cycle.
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile

"Then now is the time to decide on the perfect wish to be asked"
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Then now is the time to decide on the perfect wish to be asked"
"Well, if you want to try reverse-psychology, be my guest. Got any ideas?"

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile

GentlemanRaptor moves over to the diner if not already there, and sits down.

"That...does not sound like a good idea."
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile

Iton takes a few moments of time and bites of pancake to think, "Hmmm, I don't know....... Anybody got ideas for reverse psychology wishes?"
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Zanzetkuken brushes the slight burn mark off her armor.  She rushes over, and, as it hits the ground, she (16) gets a good grip on the box that serves as a head, (18) which causes the box to be pulled off due to the momentum.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Kyle is preoccupied with trying to pull his blade out.
"Do any of you have a shappening stone? Cardboard makes sharp things dull quickly."

Omeganaut

• Bay Watcher
  • eshimdomnothry (FreedomSlavery)
    • View Profile

Omeganaut turns to Crysis  "Reverse psycholosy won't work.  They are cursed wishes.  The whole shtick is that they will go wrong for the wisher.  Lawyering can limit the potential damage, but trying something like opposite wishing will not work.  What part of bad idea is so hard to grasp?
My extended sig
Includes the one and only !!DrunkFortress!! quote anthology.
Also: Bay 12 Archeology!  I bring the word of Bay12.  And the word is despair
I'm back, but I can't be consistant enough for games... Sorry!

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

What appears to be the head was merely the machine's optical unit, but this combined with the loss of control of its limb renders it virtually helpless. In a last ditch effort, [3-4 (staggered, hamstrung) -2 (blind)], it attempts to crush the party by toppling onto them, but instead crumbles apart harmlessly to the side in an avalanche of cardboard, the brief sound of what appeared to be wires short-circuiting being audible despite the fact that the machine appeared to have no functional electronics beyond its laser pointer. The units upon the party's arms all blink for a second, bestowing a single measly half of an experience point as the random encounter is finally defeated.

The smith shrugs at Kyle as he dusts off his still slightly smoking apron. "I've got plenty tools at my shop, but I'm not sure if a blade like yours could be reliably sharpened without breaking it."

Propman scoured their fallen adversaries' insides for any decent loot, taking the moment to stomp out the still burning box beast to keep the fire from spreading to the whole room. [20+1] [19+1] [17+1] [19+1] What results is a horde of useful items and potions within the remains of each, the two box beasts allow each individually having a vial over a dozen each nested within their packaging laden guts. The cardboard warrior had eight smaller vials, as well as a single distinctive red potion within a small bulbous bottle, a small pink cross printed across the surface. In addition, further digging around revealed a scroll stuck within the construct's broken tube. Finally, looting the cardboard war mech, Propman, though not finding a trace of anybody actually inside of the walker, came out with twenty additional vials total, about five buried in each section of the creature's legs under styrafoam padding, as well as its still functional high-powered laser pointer, a bottle rocket, and a battery of some sort, of the kind that would perhaps power a motorcycle. Laying out all these goods into a semi-organized central pile, the adventurer was slightly giddy at the large amount of loot they managed to procure from the otherwise disappointing end result of the encounter.

"So, how are we going to distribute the loot, eh?"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

"I'll take the left overs since I didn't have much use in that."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pumpkin/Diner room

"Perhaps. Lawyering seems to have produced non-lethal results so far. Oh hey, where did we remember to grab those portal guns?"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

If I recall, we grabbed them in the GladOS room.

Speaking of which..
Kevak begins searching behind the counter for a raw potato.

((Should I roll for this ooooor absolutely no raw food in this room?))

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Propman checks the counters and finds a bunch of condiments and raw ingredients, as well as a few fresh fruits, some meats, and vegetables, topped with a few articles of bread.
(So, Propman might have to clarify, but I think there's premade diner food, as well as ingredients that could make other things.)

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

(Mostly ingredients; the food wasn't originally intended to be respawning, but the fact that it is means that we have a good reason to continuously backtrack to the starting zone as well as establish a supply line and take the area into consideration as we venture outward. The vast majority of the stockpile is raw or unrefined in one way or another, potatoes included. Just take care not to burn your only free source of food down!)
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 427