Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 289938 times)

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
Re: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread, THE GROUPS MEET AT LAST)
« Reply #2355 on: November 03, 2014, 07:17:37 pm »

"My handle is GentlemanRaptor, and I'm a Sniper class. Bloody thing picked it for me and I couldn't figure out how to change it. Not complaining, mind, since I spawned in with this rifle. Er, what's an 'overworld'?"
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: November 03, 2014, 07:45:43 pm »

**Guessing you haven't then. The Overworld is a great dome that looks like its outdoors. It can be reached through the Cathedral, a boss room one of our absent members circumvented. There's a town of other players there. Tomorrow, we plan to go there, pawn extraneous junk and get Hugo here cured.**
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: November 03, 2014, 09:44:15 pm »

(Timeskip will be performed tonight, probably soon.)

"So, let me get this straight: you all come from some outfit called the Twelfth Bay, these wrist computers give you abilities but you don't know how they work, and we're inside some kind of giant terrarium?"
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: November 03, 2014, 09:50:26 pm »

Bay12 is a forum. Internet place. Correct on the arm thingies. And no, we're inside a void of nothing that these rooms exist in. One of the rooms happens to be a terrarium.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: November 03, 2014, 09:53:48 pm »

Sorry looked at the wrong page
Disregard
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 09:59:50 pm by Cryxis, Prince of Doom »
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Omeganaut

• Bay Watcher
  • eshimdomnothry (FreedomSlavery)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: November 03, 2014, 10:00:27 pm »

Omeganaut lets the space soldier debriefing continue and goes over to speak with Arcvasti.  "I'm Omeganaut, I have this hafted blade, and my class is Sorcerer, which allows be to use one magic missile per encounter according to the gadget.  Hopefully as I level I can work on doing more damage from afar."
My extended sig
Includes the one and only !!DrunkFortress!! quote anthology.
Also: Bay 12 Archeology!  I bring the word of Bay12.  And the word is despair
I'm back, but I can't be consistant enough for games... Sorry!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: November 03, 2014, 10:24:39 pm »

The Snowglobe

Caroline sees if she can manage to get close enough to get a good look at the giant without having it notice.
(16) The giant reaches a partially frozen river where dozens of 6ft tall penguins seem to be fishing. They look up as the giant approaches and deposits the penguin its carrying to go rejoin the others. Given her cover and the snow that's still blowing, and her relatively small size, Caroline remains unspotted by the giant but manages to get a decent look at it. It looks about 10 feet tall, and wears heavy clothing made of neatly stitched together furs, including an enormous, robe-like coat, mittens, boots, a hood, and a huge ushanka-like hat. It's hard to tell from here, but the giant seems to either be wearing a mask of or possess the head of an even larger penguin with a very long beak. It looks at the penguins, holding an enormous shepherd's crook in one hand.

Spawn/BoI

"We were warned to leave our ship by a couple of people who showed up out of nowhere. One of them did sound like him," the Lieutenant points at Arc, "and was wearing a gas mask. The other was wearing an eyepatch, though he certainly wasn't a giant dog. They claimed to be time travelers."
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 10:28:34 pm by HugoLuman »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: November 03, 2014, 10:38:49 pm »

Those two you met were time travelers.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: November 03, 2014, 11:03:47 pm »

Iton looks at Kevak,"Who were they?"
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: November 03, 2014, 11:04:59 pm »

Future!Hugo and Future!Arc.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: November 03, 2014, 11:07:43 pm »

**Interesting. So I was with them? Did that happen BEFORE or AFTER we ran into them?**

Arcvasti presses his free hand to his face in a gesture which is half salute, half pushing his glasses up his nose.

**Too tired for time shenanigans right now.**
Spooky Signature

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Performing timeskip. Feel free to describe how you pass the night.)

The Lieutenant continues questioning people until they either go to sleep or otherwise stop talking with him, then directs his soldiers in setting up camp. Each apparently has a very compact bedroll on their belts, and they clear the corpses to one corner before setting up in the BoI room and around the doorways of the adjoining rooms, sleeping in shifts.

HugoLuman sleeps like a rock at first, dreamlessly, but his rest grows more fitful as the night goes on. He is half-woken by the curse changing modes a few times throughout the night, nearly alarming the marines the first time. Though not fully waking him, they were painful, and accompanied by disconcerting dreams. He finds himself walking through the gate into the yard of his family's home, preparing to unlock the door, but their two dogs recoil before him. Suddenly, he loses control of his own limbs, and they turn him around towards the garage, where he takes the hatchet from its place and heads inside, screaming at himself to stop.

Next, he finds himself climbing a thousand-foot cliff, nearing the top, but as he reaches for an indistinct figure waiting to pull him up, he sees below him, and is instantly paralyzed with fear. The cliff turns to sand around his handholds and footholds, and he plummets into the forest below. When he hits the ground, he feels no pain. Strewn all across the floor around him are skeletons, skeletons wearing his coat. He tries to push himself up to see, but he has no muscles or skin...

HugoLuman awakes with a splitting headache and an aching back. Crap. Must not have gotten enough water to drink again... The ceiling swims blearily into focus before his eyes. Where was he again? The ceiling seemed higher than it ought to if he was on the bed in his dorm or the couch, but perhaps he'd fallen to the floor. As it became clearer, though, he realized it wasn't any ceiling he'd remembered waking up to. Rubbing his eyes, he rolls over to see the wall.... oh crap. That's right. He remembered now.

Using the tiny jolt of adrenaline that this memory gave him, he summoned the energy to sit up. He seemed to be slightly chilly; on further investigation, it seemed he'd taken off his coat at some point and balled it up to use as a pillow. He unfolds it and begins putting it on, taking a moment to look at the nasty scar on his right forearm.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Arcvasti, who'd been dozing in a shallow uncomfortable stupor propped up against a hard metal corner in the spawn room, levers himself up with his scepter.

**Oh god. I forgot to eat yesterday. This'll be a fun morning.**

At least his odd disconnected fever dreams involving mirrors and cycles were over. All things end in time. All things end. Usually that mantra brought considerably more comfort to Arcvasti then it did now. If only because, for the first time, the inevitability of entropy seemed suspect.
Spooky Signature

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Kyle sits up bleary eyed. That quickly passes as he remembers where he is. He looks around at the other people in the room.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kyle sits up bleary eyed. That quickly passes as he remembers where he is. He looks around at the other people in the room.

Town - Church

The preacher from last night is in the room, standing anxiously amidst the beds. "Oh good, you're awake! I was worried you might sleep in, being so new to this place." Most of the other beds seem to be empty, aside from a couple other people. "Wake up, wake up everyone! Hurry!"
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 427