Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 289848 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread, Now easier to keep track of!)
« Reply #2295 on: October 30, 2014, 07:15:09 pm »

Town Gate - South

As soon as Zanzetkuken arrives, a scott-accented voice calls from the other side of the gate.

"So many people out after dark tonight! Quick, get inside!"
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread, Now easier to keep track of!)
« Reply #2296 on: October 30, 2014, 07:30:55 pm »

Zanzetkuken hurries through into the town.  "Got lost in a dungeon.  I wound up exiting around a place called Vaylen's Folly.  Do you know why it's called that?"

(Only thing about the story you have to have is: Make up any story of a spectacular failure (spell gone awry?) that happened to a party, and due to a person called Vaylen.  Have it be known to basically everyone in the town as well.)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: October 30, 2014, 07:50:00 pm »

"Oh, that place? No one's been that way in a while... well, as far is I heard, some bawheed named Vaylen was on the run with his friends, since they'd just stolen this scroll of wishing from something big and pissed off. Only, it got jinxed when they stole it. They got trapped and he tried to use it to conjure a door, but he got one that only opened from the other side, apparently. What, is that where you came out?"

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: October 30, 2014, 07:58:10 pm »

Zanzetkuken shrugged.  "I wound up coming onto the ledge through a narrow crevice.  I saw a door, but don't know if it was the one."

(The tunnels I went through aren't known to exist, except by a few people.  They're artificial, created by a mining ability.)

"On another note, do you know of anywhere I can rest for free or cheap?"
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: October 30, 2014, 08:13:15 pm »

"Let's see... we've got some beds in the town hall, though they're usually full. The church and the other religious houses have some as well. There's also the Shelters, but we've got to keep those clear for the big day tomorrow."

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2300 on: October 30, 2014, 08:16:55 pm »

"Let's see... we've got some beds in the town hall, though they're usually full. The church and the other religious houses have some as well. There's also the Shelters, but we've got to keep those clear for the big day tomorrow."

"What's going on tomorrow?  And what religion is the church?  I just want to know what I'd be walking into."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: October 30, 2014, 08:29:46 pm »

"Christian. There's a few other houses of worship, most of 'em near each other, and most of 'em offer shelter. And as for tomorrow, it's a Tuesday. Which means Maurice is coming to town."

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: October 30, 2014, 08:40:49 pm »

"Oh...When does he arrive typically, which direction is typical, and which way is the church?"
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 09:06:28 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: October 30, 2014, 08:51:38 pm »

"We never know where or how he'll show up, just approximately when. Usually before noon. Church is about in the middle of the South East quarter, just a couple blocks that way." He points down a dirt path running diagonal from the gate that becomes cobbled after a few dozen yards.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 09:19:48 pm by HugoLuman »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: October 30, 2014, 09:10:53 pm »

"Thank you," Zanzetkuken replies, heading in the indicated direction.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: October 30, 2014, 11:26:34 pm »

(Alright, before we can skip to morning, all I think we really need is GR to get his group to spawn. Unless Zanz wants to have whatever scene he has in mind at night.)

Before too long, she reaches a cluster of relatively large buildings, one of which is presumably the church, due to the cross carved into the log wall over the door.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: November 01, 2014, 10:39:26 pm »

Arcvasti bumps the thread sits in a corner of the spawn room and tries[And mostly fails] at sleeping.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: November 02, 2014, 02:09:29 am »

The spawn room, despite its presumed protection, did not provide the most ideal sleeping conditions. The omnipresent fluorescent-like light didn't help things, and the only surfaces not submerged were the hard metal and stone of the platforms. The inside of the pods seemed somewhat padded, but probably weren't an option unless people could fall asleep in a nearly-upright inclined position.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: November 02, 2014, 06:14:12 pm »

Minefield

Sure enough, the forumites, with the marines in tow, pick their way across the minefield without incident. When they encounter the blood and gore in the next room, the marines seem disconcerted, but not scared. After all, what's dead is not a threat. They stop when they reach the Binding of Isaac room, as voices are coming from the spawn room.

"Do you know who's in there?" asks the Lieutenant. "Is it safe?"

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: November 03, 2014, 12:09:31 am »

((.-. Umm........ Ya I don't even know what is happening at this rate))
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 427