Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 289786 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread, Now easier to keep track of!)
« Reply #2265 on: October 28, 2014, 09:53:24 pm »

(Following GR. We're going to skip to "morning" soon, so that might give your character time to recover from the blood loss and stuff from losing his leg.)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread, Now easier to keep track of!)
« Reply #2266 on: October 28, 2014, 09:57:40 pm »

(Found a giant penguin in the snow, and an even more giant humanoid with a shepherd's crook is walking towards it)

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: October 28, 2014, 09:59:05 pm »

(You're cautiously observing behind a tree, Lilium is standing still from bellow a snowmound.)
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: October 28, 2014, 10:53:06 pm »

((That's more then excessive, every room should be reasonably beatable with thinking.))

(Yes and no.  In response to your point, name the last time someone was even wounded from a room in this dungeon within the main group (time travelers don't count because they were meant to die).  Against your point is the combat rooms, which would require skill that quite frankly, none of us would have because I'm pretty certain no one here has been in a life or death fight, much less the stuff we've had to fight.)

(NINJEDIT: Not sure how serious you're being.)

(Completely.  First example: Bowtie should have died when we were trying to escape.  Those things are apparently able to bring down high level characters with ease, yet Bowtie, while dragging a body managed to get out without even a shot fired at him.  Another: Every room that has combat everyone in the main group has made it through with a high level of ease.  Hell, the two largest wounds we ever got were from a faulty chain and voluntarily taking on a wound!  Yet another: For a supposedly hard dungeon, we've only had 3 deaths, two of which by the same person wanting to reset their character, first time because he didn't know where he was at and the second time because he had probably thought the group had gone on far enough ahead.)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: October 28, 2014, 11:03:47 pm »

(Clarification: when first introduced, the passage from the bathroom to the pumpkin room was described as something that had to be crawled through. So, until the enemies emerged, only people in the pumpkin room would have been in their line of sight.

(As for injuries, I've taken a few but they've either been Arc'd or reset by switching forms. We probably do need to adjust our systems a bit, though. However, a TPK is excessive. And somewhat BS immediately after having a boss challenge that granted a level up.)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: October 28, 2014, 11:06:58 pm »

((A Total Party Wipe is not the solution to a lack of difficulty.

((Ever.

((Make the enemies a touch more dangerous but not absurdly so.

((Also.. I sorta do have combat experience. Not life or death, but I do have experience with fighting. Quite a bit actually~

Omeganaut

• Bay Watcher
  • eshimdomnothry (FreedomSlavery)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: October 28, 2014, 11:16:28 pm »

Omeganaut stares rather pointedly straight ahead, avoiding looking at the bodies.  Mostly because of how easy it is to imagine becoming one.  And then having to do it all over again...  He has to step aside to upchuck, but wipes his mouth and carries on.  As the group reaches the cathedral, meets up with others, and turns around, Omeganaut stays quiet, not wanting to say something stupid or miss words of wisdom from those who have been through some of this.  Once back at the spawn room, Omeganaut finds he's too anxious to sleep yet.  Instead he finds a spot to sit and starts writing down everything.  After all, if there's no record of it, it didn't happen.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 11:38:11 pm by Omeganaut »
My extended sig
Includes the one and only !!DrunkFortress!! quote anthology.
Also: Bay 12 Archeology!  I bring the word of Bay12.  And the word is despair
I'm back, but I can't be consistant enough for games... Sorry!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: October 28, 2014, 11:18:51 pm »

(Actually, and perhaps confusingly, the group is headed back to the spawn room. Most likely because it has water, no dead bodies, and an as yet inexplicable ambush of 20 people showed up in the cathedral earlier, resulting in those bodies. BlitzDungeoneer and Present!Hugo are already there.)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: October 28, 2014, 11:23:42 pm »

**God I could use a drink right now. Or anything liquid really. As long as its water.**

Arcvasti wanders over to the spawn room.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: October 28, 2014, 11:27:18 pm »

Kevak follows Arc.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2275 on: October 28, 2014, 11:30:18 pm »

Arcvasti, after a few tries, manages to cup enough water in his hands to drink properly. After repeating this several times, he stands back up.

**That's better. Since the Overworld is dark, its probably as close to night as it'll get in here. We should maybe make camp at some point. What kinds of food were in the pumpkin room? I've just been reminded I haven't eaten in forever. I'm craving bland salty crackers, which I didn't know was possible.**
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: October 28, 2014, 11:31:25 pm »

Prophet follows Kevak.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: October 28, 2014, 11:36:00 pm »

HugoLuman continues snoring loudly, having fallen into the kind of sleep only attainable after a long, long day. He probably wouldn't wake even if kicked.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: October 28, 2014, 11:41:12 pm »

Kevak drinks water, in a similar but slightly less messy fashion then Arc.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: October 28, 2014, 11:57:31 pm »

I don't know how common water is here so might as well drink some too.

Prophet drinks some water.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 427