Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 289857 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread, Now easier to keep track of!)
« Reply #2100 on: October 24, 2014, 12:43:26 am »

After about a minute, the elevator finally reached the ceiling, and passed through into darkness. A light came on. The elevator had stopped, amidst another cylindrical chamber, narrower and dimly lit. More character models, dressed in black, surrounded the elevator, and were pointing what looked like quite real weapons at the group. But, before not to long, they dropped their weapons, bowed their heads, and folded their hands behind their backs. Lights flickered on, leaving the room still quite dark, but also revealing dozens more black-robed figures against the walls. Some were holding instruments, and began to play. Others held nothing, and began to sing.

As the elevator began to rise again, their song became apparent.

((Didn't see that.))

Kyle shakes his head.
"Well, that's okay. Anyone else?"
Several more people came up, in turn, to speak. A man with an enormous moustache and an implacable accent made a long speech about families and loved ones back home, and how they must not lose hope of seeing them again one day. Some of the odder-looking people looked slightly uncomfortable during this. A cyan-skinned person, who notably lacked a wrist device, came up to thank the congregation for their acceptance where others had been suspicious. The dragon with the jar-brain spoke next, its voice sounding like an electrolarynx, and told everyone to remember to give to the town clinic whenever they could, as there are so many needing treatment but there are so little healing supplies to go around. After that, the preacher returned to the stand to make some more announcements, such as an upcoming interfaith basketball game. The whole scene had a bizarrely normal quality to it.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
Re: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread, Now easier to keep track of!)
« Reply #2101 on: October 24, 2014, 12:46:38 am »

OK. That wasn't creepy at all.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: October 24, 2014, 01:08:22 am »

I was hoping for the portal song, but noooooope~ Oh wells.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: October 24, 2014, 07:01:32 am »

"Hm."
Black lives matter.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: October 24, 2014, 07:44:00 am »

(Should probably ask Zanz what the mechanics of familiars are)

(Wasn't it a 10 second summoning, then having to have had extended it to 60 (via 5 passives, each increasing by 10) to start dealing damage?  That's what I think we decided on for KJ's.)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: October 24, 2014, 07:55:11 am »

Kyle spends pretty much the entirety of the last bit think of how that game would work out since pretty much everyone has some form of super powers.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: October 24, 2014, 11:31:28 am »

(Should probably ask Zanz what the mechanics of familiars are)

(Wasn't it a 10 second summoning, then having to have had extended it to 60 (via 5 passives, each increasing by 10) to start dealing damage?  That's what I think we decided on for KJ's.)
(Sounds like it would be ridiculously useless, for something that doesn't damage on contact. Wasn't thinking of it being really combat-oriented, either. How about something small and frail at first that gets larger/stronger with more investment?)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: October 24, 2014, 11:34:30 am »

((Also perhaps a summon/dismiss on command instead of a timeperiod.))

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: October 24, 2014, 11:48:04 am »

((Also perhaps a summon/dismiss on command instead of a timeperiod.))

(Time period represents the ability to sustain what it is.  Becomes a bit too strong compared to the abilities of other classes, otherwise.)

(Sounds like it would be ridiculously useless, for something that doesn't damage on contact. Wasn't thinking of it being really combat-oriented, either. How about something small and frail at first that gets larger/stronger with more investment?)

(Deals basic damage and is able to be sustained for a low amount of time at first, but grows in power and time for each upgrade?)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: October 24, 2014, 11:51:43 am »

(Well, with Ranger class, it would have to be some kind of animal companion, not some daemon or energy being. Could feed it to sustain it. Was thinking it would be a bird or something. If it dies, it can be resummoned after a cooldown?)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: October 24, 2014, 06:23:16 pm »

(Double post, but keeping things moving.)
The elevator picked up speed as the song went on, rising faster and faster. "Yeah, you'd think. Though I guess they can't really have Still Alive without GLaDOS there to sing."

Kyle spends pretty much the entirety of the last bit think of how that game would work out since pretty much everyone has some form of super powers.
The service seemed to conclude with the end of the announcements, the others in the congregation standing up to socialize.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: October 24, 2014, 06:26:51 pm »

That is true. I wonder what are we going to do in the next room?
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: October 24, 2014, 06:29:54 pm »

I'm going to try to find a few corpses to use to repair Future Hugo with and find a way to power GladOS since I took her core~

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: October 24, 2014, 06:34:13 pm »

Kyle gets up as well and starts heading to the sleeping area.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: October 24, 2014, 06:44:04 pm »

As the song ended, the elevator passed once more into darkness, rising through the ceiling. A second later the elevator emerged into the center of a gloomy, square stone room, and stopped. The only things in the room were a large sarcophagus with an indeterminate effigy on top, and a heavy-looking stone door behind them. The wall before them, though, began slowly sliding open, revealing a narrow passage back into the Cathedral.

HugoLuman noticed he'd dropped his hatchet and the blue portal gun on the platform, having once more lost the ability to hold onto them. Oh, damn. Guess it only applied to that room.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 06:55:16 pm by HugoLuman »
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 427