Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 291149 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

(Seriously people?  I ask for one thing, to hold off for a short while so I could frame my response on a decent computer.  What do I come back to?  Near a page of posts.  That take it so far away from the original point where I wanted, that the atmosphere was killed.  Completely.)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

SB strides over to Zanz.
"Wish that everything in time and space reset to one minute before Kevak made his wish, and not one of us retained any memory of any events that took place after that exact moment except Kevak, who has a great sense of foreboding and you-shouldn't-do-that about his own wish."
Black lives matter.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

SB strides over to Zanz.
"Wish that everything in time and space reset to one minute before Kevak made his wish, and not one of us retained any memory of any events that took place after that exact moment except Kevak, who has a great sense of foreboding and you-shouldn't-do-that about his own wish."

(Guess I am going to have to see if this works, then.  Though I am going to try something different that achieves the same end.)

Zanzetkuken punches Kevak in the nose with such force that it causes his nose to break.  "That is for depriving us of an ability to heal Arc back to full health multiple times and the potential of having an ability to get each of us out."

She then turned to the Djinn-like being, "If you want to return to how you were, then grant this: 'I wish that time was returned to the point seven seconds before when Kevak wished for 'freeing' you, with only me retaining memories of the events that occurred after the wish in the timeline branch where he made the wish, to where I made this wish to reverse the wish and you granted it, but not the process of you granting the wish.'"

(If wish is granted)

Zanzetkuken punches Kevak in the nose, saying afterwards, "That is for what you were about to do."
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

**Zanz. Zanz. Calm down. Kevak has a point. Exploitation of potentially sentient beings is wrong. And this way, we won't get hurt by any badly phrased wishes we might have made, even with your infinite wish plan, that was a major danger. The thing doesn't seem hostile to me.**

Arcvasti glares pointedly at Kevak.

***There were MOST CERTAINLY ***SAFER*** ways of doing that, with more bulletproof phrasing. If this had backfired, rest assured I wouldn't be defending you. But it seems that it worked. Also, I question the morality of FORCING freedom upon it. If you WERE concerned for the plight of an imprisoned sapient, you would have given it a choice. And while YOU might be content to stay here with your shifter genomey thing, some of the others want to escape this place. Doing something that takes them a step farther away from that strikes me as somewhat inconsiderate.***

Arcvasti takes a deep breath to calm himself.

** What's done is done, unless I want to mutilate myself to change that. Now, do you want that nose healed? I seem to recall that your class had some sort of healing factour, so it might not be necessary.

EDIT: [[^Above contingency message is if Zanz's wish ISN'T granted. If it IS, I will edit it to fit the timeline better.]]
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

The Museum: Room 3

╔═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
║ You hear a faint rumbling noise in the distance.║
╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Propman was jolted from his dreamless-nap by a faint quaking noise. His back ached and moaned as he slowly regained awareness of his current situation, and started to groan himself, clutching his forehead and rearranging his hat, and bangs to line up properly.

"Urgh..."

The fan was still producing a rather strong breeze, which by then was starting to make him feel cold rather then cooled, having rested for a good twenty or so minutes in front of it. Instinctively, he used the gauntlet to lift it up [5] but was less then 100% alert, so he just ended up flailing his aching arm around instead. [3] A second attempt and he tried using the arm without the gauntlet, until a third [17] yielded success, and the fan was now facing his front and blowing objects straight ahead of him.

The adventurer scaled the fan a few times to enlarge it to an impressive size before pointing it at the portal on the lengthened pedestal above. It tumbled onto the ground, crashing into the marble floor with a noticeable thud, which in turn partially dislocated the inner frame. Hope he didn't break it.

The scent of coffee remained lingering in the air, and to be honest, Propman wouldn't mind if he had a cup of the stuff himself at this point. He continued moving on, jumping through the portal in hopes of finding something else next room; Perhaps the café that it was sourced from? At this point, at less then perfect alertness, it didn't dawn on the pirate that he was potentially walking into a dangerous situation, but such was life in the dungeons.
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

EDIT: [[^Above contingency message is if Zanz's wish ISN'T granted. If it IS, I will edit it to fit the timeline better.]]

(So, pretty much 'don't continue with responses to this until we get confirmation the wish hasn't been granted'))

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

They were fighting amongst themselves. HugoLuman couldn't stand it. He couldn't intervene in any meaningful way, either. Kevak might creep him out a bit, but that was highly uncalled for. Fortunately, Arc seemed to be handling it.

"I can't grant your wishes until this paradox is resolved. It is simultaneously in my nature and not in my nature to do so. Unless..." The figure snapped its fingers. "I wish my paradox was resolved!"

Nothing seemed to happen at first. But then, the figure smiled. "Guess who's got their job back? The best part is, I don't even know what the corruption is. Won't it be fun to figure out?"
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

"Will you grant the wish I made, now?"

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Is that still the wish you want? Time travel? Nothing can go wrong with time travel, especially that of just a few seconds, right?"

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

"Is that still the wish you want? Time travel? Nothing can go wrong with time travel, especially that of just a few seconds, right?"

"I'd rather not have to deal with a paradox that was solved through a manner unknown to even the person who used their own power to solve it."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

Kevak blinks, pokes his nose a couple times, sets it with his hands, and shrugs, speaking.Zan, be glad my nose will be back to normal in a few hours, otherwise you would have a pickaxe through your knee right now. Funny thing, the regen hurts more then the initial injury, I guess that makes sense though, accellerated healing and all, but seriously. Ow. No Arc the healing won't be necessary, it'll be fine in a few hours~ Trust me though~ When I unlock the ability to affect others with the regen, you are nooooot going to enjoy how it feels~ I get why there's a mental grounding perk in one of the mind trees. Tis painful~

Also time travel is deadly, if this place is moving, we will fuse with the wall at best. I suggest temporal rewinding if you wanna do that. Temporal displacement is nothing but an awful idea. Also, the wording with your original plan was off Zan, it would have backfired, feel free to try puzzling that out~ And you could have done it with a single wish. Just say and over and over, still not right though.

Person, is there a name you want us to refer to you as? Bit annoying to just call you person or it or that over and over and over.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

**OOH! Are we doing name suggestions? I'm quite partial to Elyserium, but its your choice.**
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Call me whatever you want, I don't care. I'm sure you'd just love to know my name, though, wouldn't you?"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

I'm mildly curious, but based on standard tropes, it's something that either can't be pronounced, understood by mortals, drives mortals insane, or a combination of the three, any nickname you want us to use?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread, new & returning players welco
« Reply #1184 on: October 15, 2014, 12:33:22 pm »

(Keys locked in car.  Laptop dead.  Response will be delayed.  Please slowdown for a short while.)
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 427