Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 291144 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

**Zanz, don't press him too hard. Still, Kevak, your part of it has minimal risks. At least consider it.**
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

I will not take advantage of a sapient creature bound by her nature to fulful the petty desires of man. If anything, she deserves to be freed.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread, new & returning players welco
« Reply #1157 on: October 14, 2014, 11:00:00 pm »

"If you wish that the no wishing for infinite wishes rule applies only when using the word wish, yours carries minimal risk as well.  Mine is the only dangerous part, but I know the way through it." (that was to arc)

"Then you can free it, which I am using since we don't know its actual gender, after everyone who wants to leave is able to get out, as well as cured of their afflictions." (to Kevak)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 11:04:08 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

I'm in.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(Looks good to me.)

The figure looks over to SentientBowtie and HugoLuman the elevator "What do you think of your friends' chances, hmm? I'm sure you've thought of something they haven't. Oh, but it would be so rude to interrupt them, wouldn't it? Why, I'm sure you think it will be a disaster, I bet you're just downers like that. I bet you'd like to just ride that elevator out of harm's way."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did you ignore everything I said? Shame on you humans Listen to yourselves! Caring about naught but your own. Shame on you people. Shame on all of you.

Person. I believe I have a wish for you.

I wish for you to be freed of the chains that bind you and for you to forgive my race for its crimes against you and to not exact vengeance upon those who have harmed you. Be free and live your life, I believe you deserve it more then anyone I have ever met.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread, new & returning players welco
« Reply #1160 on: October 14, 2014, 11:08:37 pm »

(So, can..people wait on RP.  I need to asddequately frame the anger my character is going to have towarsdds Kevak, and I only have a really bad phone.)

edit: will likely be about three hours, as I do need at least a little bit of sleep.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 11:13:57 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

"I don't want to do anything except get some--"
Then Kevak gives his wish.

"If this turns into a goddamn boss fight, Kevak, it's your ass!"
Black lives matter.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm half expecting this to turn into a game of Touhou with flaming potatoes as the bullets. Regardless, this is the right thing to do. Nothing should be chained unwillingly.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The grin instantly vanishes from the magenta face. It stares for a full 12 seconds before it reacts. "Do. You. Realize. WHAT YOU JUST DID?"

The figure pushes the other aside to stand before Kevak. "I had one job to do. ONE JOB. And now you've done fucked it up! This was my purpose. I had a sense of doing my job right, despite existing only to talk to suckers like you. Except before it's even been a day, in comes someone who thinks they have a conscience. Well, whoop-de-fucking-do! Your intent was to do me a favor. THAT MEANS I HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO INTERPRET IT IN THE WORST POSSIBLE WAY FOR MYSELF."

The figure seizes Kevak by the shoulders, and puts itself face to face with him. "Did you stop to think that maybe I was born to do this? The only possible interpretation of 'chains' I can make here is the chains that my very nature put upon my existence. So, I should cease to exist. EXCEPT YOU ALSO WISHED FOR ME TO 'LIVE MY LIFE'!"

The magenta person begins shaking violently, face contorting with rage. Then, suddenly, settles. "I suppose I can't blame you for being ignorant." It facepalms. "And it's not like I could avenge myself on you anyway..." It slumps down, sitting on the floor.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

SB strides over to Zanz.
"Wish that everything in time and space reset to one minute before Kevak made his wish, and not one of us retained any memory of any events that took place after that exact moment except Kevak, who has a great sense of foreboding and you-shouldn't-do-that about his own wish."
Black lives matter.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kevak sits next to the person and rests his hand on their shoulder.

You know, you can make your own choices now, even though it seems like there's nothing you could possibly do, there's always something, I mean, you technically still have your powers right? You could make your own world if you wanted. Make your own job, why let the universe dictate your life for you? You can do anything you want now. I know it's terrifying to have choices to make, I've been through that before, there's always a light at the end of the tunnel though, sometimes it takes a bit to find it. There are worse things then losing a purpose though. Losing your memories is worse. It makes everything that was You, vanish in a puff of smoke. A cessation of existence. If you want, take a look in my mind, that happened once to me.. It was absolutely horrifying, waking up in a room, a sickly green shade on the walls, something jabbed into my arm, beeping. brightness, screams in my head. Nothing before.

I found my own purpose though, took a while, but I found it. I think you can find your own purpose in time also. I'll help if you would like. Nobody should have to suffer that alone.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"All I wanted to do is see the look on peoples' faces when they realized they forgot an important clause... now I am no longer compelled to do anything by my nature. Except I am compelled to follow the conditions of your wish... but being bound by wording was part of my nature... but if I am no longer bound by wording, I am not bound by the conditions of your wish... but if I am not bound by the conditions of your wish, then I am bound by my nature ...but if I am bound by my nature, I must be bound by your wish ...but...but...if...but..."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Stahp thinking so hard about that! Part of life is accepting that it doesn't make sense half the time and no matter what you do, confusing stuff happens. You're going to give yourself a headache if you keep trying to puzzle that out. Not sure if you've felt a headache before though if you're as young as you say you are.

Course it is an experience, and feeling something is always better then feeling nothing. Half of life is feeling new things though.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"It is because of my nature that I want to do anything... you really cannot begin to understand what you have done." It grins and shakes its head, looking at the elevator. "But I suppose you will soon enough. Or not. Congratulations. I shouldn't be so surprised, after what happened to the Pumpkin..." It stands up. "I am physically incapable of deciding what to do right now."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kevak stands up also. If your nature requires you to have a purpose.. Could you perhaps wish yourself a new purpose? Since the paradox makes intent irrelevant, you could give yourself whatever purpose you want to have with the intent of being happy right?

And.. What pumpkin?
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 427