Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 291132 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

"You sure? I bet clever people like yourselves could figure something out. Your friends here already wished, and as you can see, they're fine!"

((I just found this. Do you think I can join? If so, what do I need to know for the plot/story?))
(Sure you can join. There's a couple summaries (one short, one long) in the OP, but all you really need to read is the other bits (rules n' stuff) in the OP.)
There is legitimately nothing I could want that I don't already have or won't soon receive. I'm sorry you are unable to fulfill your designated purpose, but I do not have a wish for you.

Zanzetkuken grabbed Kevak and Arc by the shoulders, and turned them so the figure couldn't see them.  She points to Kevak, "You wish that 'Splork' means the same thing as 'Wish'."  She then points to Arc, "You wish that the no wishing for unlimited wishes applies just to the word 'wish'.  I will then say, 'I splork that we have infinite splorks to be granted by you.'"
I have no use for wishes. All I want comes in time.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Zanzetkuken grabbed Kevak and Arc by the shoulders, and turned them so the figure couldn't see them.  She points to Kevak, "You wish that 'Splork' means the same thing as 'Wish'."  She then points to Arc, "You wish that the no wishing for unlimited wishes applies just to the word 'wish'.  I will then say, 'I splork that we have infinite splorks to be granted by you.'"

(Doing this gives us an infinite pool of knowledge and allows Arc to heal up an infinite number of times.)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

Arcvasti tries[2] to raise an eyebrow at the plan, but just ends up scrunching one eye up and generally looking silly.

"You sure? I bet clever people like yourselves could figure something out. Your friends here already wished, and as you can see, they're fine!"
There is legitimately nothing I could want that I don't already have or won't soon receive. I'm sorry you are unable to fulfill your designated purpose, but I do not have a wish for you.

**Then you shouldn't need to worry about wasting yours on Zanz's idea if it doesn't work.**
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

HugoLuman barked. It made him feel stupid, but he had to get their attention somehow, as he'd just thought of the worst-case scenario.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

bigjaredmonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace-ace ace-ace of ace-aces
    • View Profile

I'm in.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is a birch door. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. This object menaces with spikes of chicken leather. This object menaces with spikes of chicken leather. On the item is an image of ravens in birch.
Noob fortress, a succession game for noobs.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=157847.0

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

HugoLuman barked. It made him feel stupid, but he had to get their attention somehow, as he'd just thought of the worst-case scenario.

(What's wrong with this plan?  If he's resentful, we just use the first of the infinite pool to wish that wishes are granted according to the intent of the wisher.)
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

SB loudly, immediately and obviously falsely coughs immediately after Hugo barks.
Black lives matter.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Doing this gives us an infinite pool of knowledge and allows Arc to heal up an infinite number of times.)
((Each of those wishes can be corrupted. "Heal" could heal something that Arc considers fine but compared to leeeeets say Cthulhu, is  broken, plenty of knowledge is knowledge that should not be known as well.))

Arcvasti tries[2] to raise an eyebrow at the plan, but just ends up scrunching one eye up and generally looking silly.

**Then you shouldn't need to worry about wasting yours on Zanz's idea if it doesn't work.**
I am not interested in being caught in the fallout.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

((Each of those wishes can be corrupted. "Heal" could heal something that Arc considers fine but compared to leeeeets say Cthulhu, is  broken, plenty of knowledge is knowledge that should not be known as well.))

(That's why we make infinite wish one to make wishes be granted in accordance to the intent of the wisher.)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

I am not interested in being caught in the fallout.

**I can't really fault you for that. Actually, idea. My scepter lets me travel back in time ~5 seconds. I could make a wish and then travel back to before I made it if it doesn't work out. Although I can only do this once before I have to start fueling it with my heal spell, which would hurt.**
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

As it listens, the figure keeps grinning and begins chuckling softly.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I will not participate in this likely to backfire horribly grade endeavor. Person, I have no desire for you to grant as there is nothing I could want that I can't already get. Am I actually required to ask for something or can I pass? Judging by how you can grant wishes, you likely have a grade of telepathy or similar ability, take a quick look so long as it is not harmful by my standards, I speak the truth,

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread, new & returning players welco
« Reply #1152 on: October 14, 2014, 10:45:30 pm »

"Kevak, make sure the wording of your part is: that Splork carries the same meaning and weight as the word wish does, with your part."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did you mishear me? I stated I don't want to do it.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread, new & returning players welco
« Reply #1154 on: October 14, 2014, 10:52:54 pm »

"My part is going to make certain whatever we do is safe.  What I had said was a summary of what I am going to say.  Trust me, it will be for the best.  But this will only work if you wish for what I asked of you.  Modified version, just to be safe."
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 10:54:46 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 427