Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 291115 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Eventually the ladder is completed. Doooo you wanna tie the ladder up there or should I~?

"You tie it off, I'll test it."
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

Okays~ Kevak slings the rope ladder over his shoulders and ascends the body pile before tying the ladder to an outcropping and tossing it down.

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

The Museum: Room 2

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/518006

Propman landed into the next room with a lighter tap, and it appeared to be another open-ceiling area like the entrance, down to the concrete walls, which now appeared to be real concrete, or were at least modeled more convincingly then the last room's. [14] A look at his surroundings revealed a rather large square pit with a number of virtual blocks bellow them, as well as three more robbers wielding bats. He wouldn't be able to take them on in a straight fight, but so long as he was up there, and they were down there, they shouldn't be able to harm him, or so he thought.

Taking out one of the pawns, Propman chucked it into the air and attempted to lock it in with his gauntlet, [7] but fumbled, causing the piece to harmlessly drop onto the lower floor and alert the team of his presence. One of the robbers took out a softball, and struck it at the pirate's general direction, [10], which to his amazement, actually made contact, knocking the adventurer over as well as dehatting him, though luckily dealing no lasting damage.

Lifting himself up as the batter prepared another attack, Propman gazed at a small blue block bellow, giving him an idea. [18] Lifting the mass with his arm-device, he hefted it close to his eyes so as to expand it in size, and then suspended the now jumbo cube above the heads of the unwitting robbers.

"Sorry for dropping in on you lads, but your prospects for success are looking rather flat, if I say so myself-"

[13] Another softball flew by his head, this time narrowly missing it by an inch or so. Propman lost focus and dropped the large object onto the robbers bellow, who unleashed a muffled shriek as it came descending down on them, before stopping upon making contact with some of the other polygons bellow. The robbers were now effectively trapped, with Propman out of their line of sight and the gap between the entrance and the exit bridged.

A nasty fate indeed, but at least he didn't have to kill them this time.

"Now, if you decide that attacking me on sight is not in your best interest, I might let you faceless goons go, but only if you say please! Heck, saying anything that isn't a groan or grunt would suffice!"

[10] As expected, he got no response from the robbers, other then a few dull thumps coming from the other side of the block: the robbers were ineffectually trying to break through it with their softballs. Poor fools. He crawled through the bridge and into the next room, hoping that it didn't have any hostiles in it so he could perhaps spend a moment to rest. Come to think of it, he should have rested back when he was at the museum's entrance before solving it, but then he was focused on getting as far away from the aberration as possible.

[16] A look at his mostly austere surroundings revealed another set of text printed on the side of a wall.

Quote from:  Graffiti #3?
It's angle of view is limited: it can't see any of the messages I've posted here.

Unfortunately, Propman could hardly make heads or tails of what it meant. Who was "it"? Was each room being monitored? That would explain how the force kept following him at any rate, but it only caused the pirate's paranoia to increase as possible revelations as to the purpose of the dungeon formed in his mind.

"Best not to make any assumptions." he told himself out loud. After standing a bit more, he decided to move on, taking out his pistol as a precautionary measure as he went through the simple black rectangle.
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile

Ship
"To be honest these things aren't that hard to kill. They seem to be weak to fire."
I'm with stupid |
                      v

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

"We figured something out, you could say.
Hugo's wish, that I am relaying to you, is that he wants to know the truth about this world we're in; much information that he doesn't already have but that he would consider useful."

SB relays the wish more or less perfectly.
Black lives matter.

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

The Museum: Room 3

The room was inclosed yet again, with similar aesthetics to the first floor of the building. Notably, a bunch of cloth banners were blowing along the movements of a rather large fan within the main hallway, which extended out to a checker-board room with a bunch of pedestals holding varied virtual objects, the tallest of which containing an exit portal on the top, disconnected from any physical doors. Perhaps most refreshingly, there was no obvious threats such as robbers, and the fan itself was a source of a much cooling breeze. Feeling that he earned it for now, Propman took the minute to sit himself on the corner of one of the columns in front of the fan, taking off his hat in order to cool off.

He wondered what Hugo and the lads were doing right now, and hoped that they didn't get themselves into any trouble. He was sure they caught up to Zanzet, at least, which was good, as it meant she wouldn't be chased by the entity. He took off the courier bag that had been hanging from his shoulder for hours now, rubbing his aching shoulder with his similarly aching arm. Even though it looked rather stylish, he would much rather have a backpack of some sort in order to better distribute the weight, as such discomfort could prove to be a liability in the future.

Taking out his pocket watch, about an hour and a half had passed since he discovered the secret door and landed in the area. He had been in this dungeon for just about a full waking day now, and was ready to get some rest. Yet alas, until he could find some sort of safe area, the most he could hope for was a moment of relaxation such as this, assuming his theory that the entity couldn't move into unsolved rooms was correct. The surface of the orange floor was hard, like glass, and he contemplated yanking off a couple of the banners in order to make a cushion. [10] He stood up and started to tug on one, gripping it tightly with his hands, but it failed to budge, being stuck in place by a rather substantial force. [6] subsequent tries only caused him to slip and fall onto his flanks, which would have been quite comical of anyone was around to see.

He sighed, and instead used his bag as a cushion for the time being.
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Okays~ Kevak slings the rope ladder over his shoulders and ascends the body pile before tying the ladder to an outcropping and tossing it down.

Zanzetkuken attempts to climb the ladder, and (20) the bindings hold perfectly.  She climbs up about halfway before jumping off, and saying to Arc, "It looks like it will hold.  Try heading up, I'll try to help steady you, and, if necessary, break your fall, if you wind up losing your footing."
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

**Alright, going up.**

Arcvasti tosses [5] his scepter up at Kevak, but misses and it ricochets off the ledge and lands on the bodyladder. He retrieves it, looking disgusted by having to touch the bodyladder and tosses it up again[14], this time more successfully. He starts climbing the ladder[10], swaying and almost falling once. Eventually he scrabbles his way to the top and arm-drags himself onto the ledge with Kevak, panting.

**And I thought... I'd never actually need... to climb a rope ladder... in real life.**

He retrieves his scepter and levers himself back upright.

**I do not fancy going back down, later. Whatever you did in here to break the staircase, Zanz, I do not approve.**
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Zanzetkuken tossed up her new rifle (14) successfully, and climbs up, saying "It was a tad chaotic, but if I recall correctly, it was because one of the cultists used something along the lines of magic missile."  After she (19) makes it to the top, she picks up the carbine.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

"Oh really?" The magenta person's smile went once more to a huge grin. "Granted." The entire dungeon began to rumble slightly, not enough to knock anything around but enough to be noticeable. The west wall of the room cracked open, and a new door began forming in the rift, pushing through, resolving into a white, circular, metal door, parted in the middle. "You didn't ask for it in a straightforward form, though."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

SB promptly strides through the door, ignoring everything and everyone else inside. He wanted answers, goddamn it, not cheating bastards.
Black lives matter.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

SB promptly strides through the door, ignoring everything and everyone else inside. He wanted answers, goddamn it, not cheating bastards.

(Not waiting for the rest of the group?)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

**We should probably got to the food room with the rest of them to get out plan straight. Right now, we have a few things that we could do: One, focus on getting that vault open, Two, focus on getting Hugo cured or I suppose we could just explore more of this place. Organization is key. Without it we might lose...**

Arcvasti trails off.

**When was the last time anyone saw the one with the hat? Maybe he's with the other group getting food? Hopefully he is.**
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Not waiting for the rest of the group?)
((Should I?))
Black lives matter.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

Kevak follows~
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 427