Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 290908 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

HugoLuman thought hard. SB had only arrived just after that fight, but Arc and Zanz had been there for it. However, neither were in much condition to come up here and point out which one, if they remembered. Even if Kevak made a ramp out of corpses. That left... Griffinpup, BD, and RangerCado... who might still be in the dungeon...

Idea he texted, then pushed the phone back towards SB and headed into the BoI room.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile

((Am I supposed to do something here and take them to the ship or just wait till I get re awoken?))
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(You could RP the marine taking them to the ship.)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

Hum... Might and well make a staircase. Kevak walks over to the corpses and drags one to under the ledge, using the least damaged corpses and doing his best to avoid touching bloody parts. He makes several more trips until the pile was high enough To climb up with minimal effort. Arc, you wouldn't happen to have a few metal or wooden bars on you would you? I have thread I could make a makeshift ladder with since your leg proobably will make climbing a tad difficult.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 06:41:26 pm by Kevak »

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

Arcvasti checks his coat pockets.

**Nope. Although we could dismantle your deskfort for some.**
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lets go do that~

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile

Minefield

The marine begins walking carrying Iton's limp body with (I'm hoping at least) the help of the others around him.
He looks at everyone as he begins leaving,"We've had a few problems on the ship recently, me and the other marines might benefit from your help"

He walks to the (I forget, is it a base or town near the ship?) wherever the marines are at yelling at those on guard,"Code red-9 Charlie Charlie!"
The other guards rush into an emergency area and pull out a cot and lay Iton on the cot.
A marine with a Red Cross painted on his chest plate (chest armor vest whateves) walks up to Iton,"Looks like I get to try my hand at field operation for once"

The marine looks at all who followed him (so everybody that wanted to help Iton or the marine are now at the town base wherever place with the marine)," Who's ready to deal with a threat on the ship?"
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Minefield

The marine begins walking carrying Iton's limp body with (I'm hoping at least) the help of the others around him.
He looks at everyone as he begins leaving,"We've had a few problems on the ship recently, me and the other marines might benefit from your help"

He walks to the (I forget, is it a base or town near the ship?) wherever the marines are at yelling at those on guard,"Code red-9 Charlie Charlie!"
The other guards rush into an emergency area and pull out a cot and lay Iton on the cot.
A marine with a Red Cross painted on his chest plate (chest armor vest whateves) walks up to Iton,"Looks like I get to try my hand at field operation for once"

The marine looks at all who followed him (so everybody that wanted to help Iton or the marine are now at the town base wherever place with the marine)," Who's ready to deal with a threat on the ship?"

(Where these other people coming from?  There's only one other marine there, and the door hasn't been opened.  It's not necessarily going to be another part of the ship.  Heck, it likely isn't, considering the dungeon.)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Cryxis and GR wanted to have the ship as a mini-dungeon, so it would be a cluster of rooms / NPC settlement (kinda like minetown in Nethack I guess.)
However, some details in his post are not consistent. Everyone in that group was out in the minefield, with the quantum door leading into the hallway with 2 marines. 1 of the marines left to bandage Iton's leg. Now presumably they're going into the ship hallway and through the door off to the side, where the other marines are.)

HugoLuman looked through the South door of the Binding of Isaac room. There was something that looked like it might once have been a giant head, now exploded, and various shreds of gore around the room, some of it containing what looked like the shredded remains of BlitzDungeoneer's white suit. This was fairly disconcerting, but he reminded himself that, even if he died, BlitzDungeoneer was probably still around, just perhaps not with the face he remembered. He hoped the others who had stayed behind fared better, though.

There seemed to be daylight coming through the further South door, so he entered the room to get a better look. It didn't seem like the same overworld out there, but another exterior could prove a big problem in finding other people. He decided it would be best to check back with the others before wandering much further on his own, so he went back to SB and poked his head out into the cathedral. Finding, somewhat to his surprise, that the corpses had been stacked in an 8ft. pile all the way up to the ledge.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hai Hugo~ We were just about to go and loot the bank for materials for a ladder so Arc could get up.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

HugoLuman simply nodded. He'd have liked to point out that perhaps they could have just built a ladder in the first place, but in these circumstances the effort probably wasn't worth it.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wanna come~?

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

A venture towards the east yielded no more writing, but a dark object in the distance caught Propman's eye. Attempting to close into it, he began to slow down his movement as he started to smell an exceedingly foul, putrid scent that reminded him of the eerie room containing feces. Though he had yet to come into close enough distance to make out fine detail of the figure, he slowly came to figure out that it was the rotted cadaver of the poor fellow adventurer alluded to on the wall, causing his heart to sink, and his throat to gag. No other objects of note were in sight, prompting him to turn the other direction, this time sprinting a bit in order to get the unsettling scene out of his vision.

At his current pace, Propman was able to return to the chessboard at a reasonable time, and from there he decided that he'd immediately put an idea of his into action. Taking the time to gather and reequip his boots, he pushed against the table in order to topple it over, careful not to touch against its mathematically perfect edges. the table fell over onto its side at a 45 degree angle, spilling all the chess pieces onto the floor in the process, forming a ramp.

Using the arm-device, the wanderer lifted the table into the air with little effort, the table retaining its angle of position as he slowly carried it towards the section of the room where the exit was at. By then, the size of the chessboard was skewed beyond his liking, so he positioned it closer to him in an effort to scale it up. Larger and larger it became, until he felt that it was the right size to bridge between the top and bottom floors of the room.

Setting his brace down, Propman inspected his solution with a curious eye. The ramp wasn't perfect; there were some gaps where the table's edges touched the wall and the floor, and the elevation itself was rather steep, but for a single trip out of the room, it would do just fine. The privateer began to traverse the surface of the board, finding it rather slippery and glass-like against his hands as he half hiked, half climbed up against it, with the traction of his boots being the primary source of grip, his spear held in place on his back by the belts of his canteen and courier bag. He felt a sense of sense of accomplishment as he finally made it back to the top, and the counter on his arm blinked as an additional experience point was listed off.

"One point away from leveling. Lets hope my class ends up with a few useful tricks, eh?"

Now that he had a better vantage point, Propman could see more or less the entire room to an extent, and spotted a similar elevated door on the end of the western wall, presumably the entrance to the "museum" proper. He figured that there would be a similar way to getting to that end of the room then the method he had used to return to the exit, but was now choked under a dilemma. On one hand, if he tried to return to the group by himself, there was a good chance whatever force was roaming the earlier floors of the dungeon would overpower him. Indeed, there was nothing saying that it wasn't waiting in front of the door right now, ready to pounce on him as soon as he made it out.

Yet on the other hand, there was no telling what was inside the museum itself, as far as hazards went. Adventuring alone was clearly a very risky course of action, and the fact that this room was benign enough for him to solve with little injury was mostly based on chance. If he wandered in too deep, there was a good chance that he would find himself trapped at best, and attacked at worst.
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wanna come~?
HugoLuman shook his head. He'd been on his feet for at least 6 hours with nothing to eat but some sushi and a banana, and was really beginning to feel his control slipping: he needed to pay another visit to the diner room before he lost it. He turned around and headed back that way, still trying to ignore his nose, and looked at SB on the way to see if he wanted to go get some food as well.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Arc, shall we~?
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 427