Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 290684 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

"Holy crap, Zanz! What's with you and not mentioning things... um, that is, things that would have been good to say before?" He looked at the others. "This changes everything!"

"God dammit. God fucking dammit. If what I know of media involving people trapped in video game environments is true, then an Administrator would be either impossibly hard to defeat or a cheating asshole."
"Yeah, it sounds like a genuine boss battle alright. But we have a way out! All hope is NOT lost!"
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

"There's a problem, though.  We have to perform a certain ritual to summon them.  And I'd guess the summoning takes us to their specialized room.  Besides being unprepared, the entity that told me you had to beat the administrator to get out didn't tell me how to summon them."

After a few seconds, she said, gesturing to the dungeon, "but...wouldn't that mean that the ritual's process is hidden here somewhere?"
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 10:03:13 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I'm sure we have a long way to go, but now we've got a goal, something to actually look forward to! The answer's bound to be somewhere in this place, we've only got to find it!"

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

Arcvasti, having been in the room the whole time, but not having said anything because just standing/sitting there and listening is something he does fairly often, spoke.

**Interesting that we get a choice. Although, they'd have to make it an informed one if they wanted to be fair. I do want to find out exactly WHAT this place is and if it even exists outside of cyberspace. Does each of us have an Administrator? Is there one for ALL the players in the town? My class abilities are so far less then helpful in non-game situations. Unless I want to set myself up as a messiah of some sort by healing a bunch of people and then dying by absorbing the wounds of a whole crowd of people or something like that.**

"Holy crap, Zanz! What's with you and not mentioning things... um, that is, things that would have been good to say before?" He looked at the others. "This changes everything!"

Arcvasti notices his mistake and gives him a slightly puzzled look.

"God dammit. God fucking dammit. If what I know of media involving people trapped in video game environments is true, then an Administrator would be either impossibly hard to defeat or a cheating asshole."
"Yeah, it sounds like a genuine boss battle alright. But we have a way out! All hope is NOT lost!"

**Assuming the world outside hasn't been ravaged or destroyed or something and they keep their word, that is.**

Well you could always seduce the admin~

**Not exactly my strong suit. Although I'll have to remember that one for future reference.**

"There's a problem, though.  We have to perform a certain ritual to summon them.  And I'd guess the summoning takes us to their specialized room.  Besides being unprepared, the entity that told me you had to beat the administrator to get out didn't tell me how to summon them."

**Interesting mechanic there. I'm guessing that the ritual would be different for each of us and would require lots of rare reagents and possibly someone high-level with a specialized class ability.**
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

"I can say that one of the things that was specified was that each player had their own, so it is probably custom tailored to a player.  Heck, for all we know, it might not be traditional combat, but a mind game, in some cases."
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

"I have two ideas for what mine could be and I'm not sure which would be worse."
Black lives matter.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

**If they're tailored to our specific flaws and weaknesses, maybe seduction might not be such a bad idea for mine.**
Spooky Signature

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

I personally don't see a reason to fight one, this entire place seems fun, life is boring normally and I have yet to get bored here. Aaaand I'm a Shifter. Which means I could do pretty much anything I want once I get a bit better at it.

And if there is a specialized class ability, extremely latetier shifters can literally break reality if they want with the sheer levels of energy they often have available. That seems like something an admin would have to deal with. Although it would take millennia to get that much energy. Not really a problem though since by the time I get the fifth regen, I'll be effectively ageless~

And odds are is I would get a mindgame. I have a few odd mental things they could exploit. Although that isn't necessarily a bad thing~ I would certainly enjoy it~ They probably would be wanting us to stay and nothing more.

((Fixed several autocorrect induced spelling errors.))
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 10:20:45 pm by Kevak »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"What happens if we fail? If they kill us, we can always try again eventually, right? I mean, as long as we don't give up like so many of those people in town. I wonder how many of them know about this?"

I personally don't see a reason to fight one, this entire place seems fun, life is boring normally and I have yet to get bored here. Aaaand I'm a Shifter. Which means I could do pretty much anything I want once I get a bit better at it.

And if there is a specialized class ability, extremely latetier shifters can literally break reality if they want with the sheer levels of energy they often have available. That seems like something an admin would have to deal with. Although it would take millennia to get that much energy. Not really a problem though since by the time I get the fifth regen, I'll be effectively ageless~.

And odds are is I would get a midgame. I have a few odd mental things they could exploit. Although that isn't necessarily a bad thing~ I would certainly enjoy it~ They probably would be wanting us to stay and nothing more.

"If someone is running this, I'm not sure how much power they'd let us accumulate. And I guess there's the question of if time's passing back home while we're here."

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

To bowtie, Zanzetkuken said, "both at once?"

To kevak, she hauntingly said, "You'll probably change that opinion when you die and everything resets.  Including class.  I was a sniper.  Now, I am not."

To hugo's last statement, she slightly shifted to begin to say something, but before she openned her mouth she decided against it.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 10:29:00 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Yeah, there's some pretty fucked up experiences to be had. And not just seeing all this violence, either."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

SB buries his face in his hands.
"Christ, I hope not."
Black lives matter.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

**I'm pretty sure we shouldn't have that many more deaths. Zanz's was because we got in over our head. Frankly, I'm not even sure how ANY of us got out of that without ending up like Hugo or dead. Now? Now we've basically only got one injured person, once Hugo gets his fingers fixed up at the witch doctor's place, who was never that useful in direct combat to start with. And now we have Kevak, who, besides being a potential future source of cat ears in the future, is also another combat ready Bay12er. Really, if we can just get Zanz and a few others up a couple more levels, things should be more stable.**

Arcvasti pauses.

**Assuming that whoever is responsible for balancing this sort of thing mid-session e is blind and deaf, that is. We could still be in trouble.**
Spooky Signature

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

After Hugo's statement of what could be experienced, Zanzetkuken shivered a bit.  "Yeah..." she quietly said in response`.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

Well, if someone is perfectly content in the place and has literally no reason to lash out at the construct, they probably won't spend effort on lowering the powerlevels. Seems like it could backfire. I could see them exploiting a couple mental things to ensure contentness, but I can't see someone wasting effort and energy on something that is not and won't be a threat.

To kevak, she said, "You'll probably change that opinion when you die and everything resets.  Including class.  I was a sniper.  Now, I am not."
Perhaps your mindset changed due to the death and sniper stopped being recommended. I've technically died before back in reality, I woke up, but still. I don't think I would be phased all that much. Be more of a Dejavu if anything.

"Yeah, there's some pretty fucked up experiences to be had. And not just seeing all this violence, either."
Everything is interesting. Even the painful experiences.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 427