Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 290508 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

((An unknown number, potentily several hundred if we really want that many, it's literally a city.  Zan I think has control of the area near the bank in terms of design since he looked out the windows at it. Likely for a small group of doors to be in a certain part of the city with the rest of the buildings being normal buildings, although feel free to spawn doors. A sewer could be an interesting room~

The win condition involves exploration of the city as a note.))

Perhaps we should get off the street so nothing can leap down at us?

**Those are some BIG cats. Not as big as a werewolf though, so hopefully we'll fare better against these then against them, if it comes to that..**

Arcvasti looks around and tries to pick up one of the smaller cats.

**These things are SO CUTE!**
The cat lets you pick it up~

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

(We should probably have the occasional barrier to divvy up the city)

"We do have a real gun now, after all. I'm not sure they aren't bigger, though." And I don't want to stick around long enough to do a direct comparison. "If I know anything about tiger attacks, and I don't, we should get in a circle. Don't turn your back."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Snapping out of her daze, Zanzetkuken said, "Maybe getting on top of the buildings would be a good idea.  It's possible they are, or could be, connected in some way."
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Combat triggers barriers, sorta Kingdom Hearts style force shields.))

Going inside should help also, nowhere for them to jump down from.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

**Holding cats one handed is hard.**

Arcvasti awkwardly sets the cat down.

**I think we have a few options. One, we could go back into the bank and try the vault. I have a couple ideas as to what exactly the levitating hell that piece of paper means. Two, we could explore the city some more. Three, we could go through one of the doors in the street we're on. As far as tigers go, they can swim. That's really all there is to say on the matter. And, if they're not unnaturally aggressive, they're probably going to be scared away by gunshots.**

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Is this an exception to the "locked in until you beat it" rule?)

"If I see one awake, I'm going to try to communicate. Disturbing the sleeping one would probably be bad. But yeah, I say we cross the street into that building."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

"I could climb up the ledges and stuff if I didn't have zero upper body strength."

SB is holding one of the cats.
He didn't have it a moment ago.
Black lives matter.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

(How big should we make it be?  Having it be another kilometer wide dome?  An area similar to the minefield, with a couple block square area with areas out of bounds protected by a force field?  Mixture of both?)

**I think we have a few options. One, we could go back into the bank and try the vault. I have a couple ideas as to what exactly the levitating hell that piece of paper means.**

"I think I know exactly what the paper means."  Zanzetkuken said, pointing to the eight pointed star within the concrete upon the bank's connection to the street, then the line of tile that went off of one of the points and snaked through the sidewalk off into the distance, then the double digit numbers upon the buildings.

(If we have it like the overworld dome, then it could be marked as an overworld area.)
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

**I think we have a few options. One, we could go back into the bank and try the vault. I have a couple ideas as to what exactly the levitating hell that piece of paper means.**

"I think I know exactly what the paper means."  Zanzetkuken said, pointing to the eight pointed star within the concrete upon the bank's connection to the street, then the line of tile that went off of one of the points and snaked through the sidewalk off into the distance, then the double digit numbers upon the buildings.
**What exactly do you... We're standing on the asterisk, aren't we. Well, a wise man once said, X marks the spot. If we can find that, then we can hopefully get the vault open, assuming we don't get mauled to death.**
Spooky Signature

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Yep, you only get locked in when in combat. In theory it's possible to traverse the city without engaging anything, the likelyhood of encountering a large cat is rolled on with each area traveled, with certain areas being significantly less likely.))

(How big should we make it be?  Having it be another kilometer wide dome?  An area similar to the minefield, with a couple block square area with areas out of bounds protected by a force field?  Mixture of both?)

(If we have it like the overworld dome, then it could be marked as an overworld area.)
((I have the city sorta divided into sections, part of the win condition. Barriers blocking off the sections form during combat.))

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(We could have each street/block be its own zone, with either a force field or a gate that's locked like a room door until completion. Sort of like the zones in City of Heroes but on a smaller scale.)

"Oh hey, good find. But we might want to concentrate on not getting killed right now." He raised his spear. "Alright. Cover me, I'm crossing the street."

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

**What exactly do you... We're standing on the asterisk, aren't we. Well, a wise man once said, X marks the spot. If we can find that, then we can hopefully get the vault open, assuming we don't get mauled to death.**

"The paper said asterisk to x.  That line from the asterisk might mark the path we need to take, and it could branch off a section to buildings that carry the digits.  Or it could be number of blocks we have to walk through.  Or buildings we pass."

((Yep, you only get locked in when in combat.))

(That's not the way the rooms work.  Even non-combat stuff causes you to get locked in the room until it is solved, unless it is an overworld.)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"The paper said asterisk to x.  That line from the asterisk might mark the path we need to take, and it could branch off a section to buildings that carry the digits.  Or it could be number of blocks we have to walk through.  Or buildings we pass."

**Mostly what I meant. Still a lot of possibilities. But less then 10 trillion by quite a ways.**
Spooky Signature

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Watch upper floors people.

((That kind of zoning also works, although they would be zones within sections.))

((Yep, you only get locked in when in combat.))

(That's not the way the rooms work.  Even non-combat stuff causes you to get locked in the room until it is solved, unless it is an overworld.)
((Judging by the sheer size of the room, it's probably qualified as a psuedooverworld or overworld.))

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

HugoLuman speedwalks to the doorstep across the street (1) and accidentally kicks a can, making a loud plink!. "Fuck."
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 427