Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 290538 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

"You know," Zanzetkuken said, looking at the Vault door.  "I wonder if that is a treasure room?"
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

HugoLuman held up a hand. "Yeah, was just thinking that, but it sounds like someone's in the room we just came from!" He decided to go with his gut. "HELLO UP THERE!"
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile

*Iton looks up
[3 out of 6]
Doesn't die from initial blood loss
"C-c-cold s-s-so c-c-cold"
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

"Losing it? Losing it, Hugo?"

SB shouts down from the ramp. Guess he heard Hugo.

"Oh, god, I'm so sorry! I was under the impression that, after being imprisoned in some other fucking dimension full of creatures that will gladly tear out your organs and feed them to you, with no knowledge of how to escape - if escape is even goddamn possible - that even dying can't save you from, and almost killing another fucking human being, the natural reaction would be to consider the implications of what exactly is fucking going on in your life. My mistake."

SB hasn't moved towards the others.
Black lives matter.

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

The Cauldron (Steampunk Room)

Propman eased into what appeared to be some sort of elaborate boiler room, shrouded in a warm cloud of mist. The walls appeared to be plated in brass, with the faint movements of cogs and bell cranks being visible through the fog, and the floors appearing to consist of bronze grates occasionally broken up by solid tiles of steel. It was difficult to make anything out for the near-sided adventurer, who would likely have had great benefit wearing a pair of glasses. A few paces forward, and he came across a mass of broken machinery strewn across the floor. A closer look revealed it to be an elaborate humanoid construct of a kind; violently and crudely disassembled with great prejudice, likely by the main party. The privateer wondered if this was how all encounters would play out in the dungeon: Everything they met with the exception of the village lashed out with little interest in diplomacy, and assuming the whole area reacted that way, that would make their ragtag group decisively outnumbered. Assuming they were still alive at this rate, and he wasn't alone to face whatever lay ahead.

Looking around for another door without much success initially, a noise coming from above him garnered his attention as he noticed a shining passage raised some distance from floor level. Wasn't that Hugo's voice?

"Oi, Sir Hugo, is-is that you?"

Propman took the moment to take a large sip from his canteen, as the steam was starting to cook him in his attire. Meanwhile, some other fellow he didn't recognize seemed to be speaking from that general location as well, though it was difficult to make out what he was saying over the ambient noise and the distance.
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Listen. I know this is horrible. This is by far the worst thing that has ever happened to us. But if we want to make it out of this, we've got to keep it together! You think we wouldn't rather be breaking down right now? I-"

"Oi, Sir Hugo, is-is that you?"

"Oh hey, Propman! We thought we'd lost you back in the town! Good to see you!

...this is kind of an awkward moment."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"So why not? Take five minutes and cry, yell, plead, whatever. It's not like we're timed or anything. And, really, who gives a shit?"
Black lives matter.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

Arcvasti looks up from his place leaning against the teller counter when Propman appears.

**Oh, hi. Thought you were dead or something. Very much relieved that you're not. More sane Bay12ers in this place is always good.**
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"So why not? Take five minutes and cry, yell, plead, whatever. It's not like we're timed or anything. And, really, who gives a shit?"
"Alright, fine. I'm scared of dying. I'm scared that we're all being slowly mangled until we can't press on. I'm scared that if we don't press on, we'll be stuck milling about a fantasy refugee camp for eternity. I'm scared that sometime in the next hour I'm going to have my body painfully rearranged and have to fight my own brain unless we haul a stinking corpse back to said camp. I'm scared that there's something in here out to get us. Are you happy?"

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

Propman took the minute to first take off his satchel and then his greatcoat and mount the latter on his shoulder in a fashion similar to the way he observed a soldier doing in a photo. He pulled down the corners of his puffy, anachronistic shirt bellow his belt so his shirt to keep it snug, followed by to rolling up his sleves to his elbows. He marched closer to the light until he could make out a group of obscured figures past the initial mist, and couldn't help but smile. Both Hugo and Miss Zanzet, were more or less intact, if not a bit ragged, and with them stood a younger lad wearing a blue tee and shorts, quite a bit more suitable for the climate. Arcvasti was looking a bit more mangled, and the privateer questioned his wisdom in continuing onward in his current state, though, he supposed sticking with the group was anybody's best chance of survival at any rate.

"Oh, well then. Sorry about the interruption sir, but you might want to know about the ongoings within the halls. Namely, I don't think they're a safe haven anymore. As well, some malicious force seems to be present in the entire area, as I think I was just teleported into a room against my will."

The privateer of property managment took a moment to catch his breath before speaking further. "Speaking of which...Where did all the other bay members wander off to? Did they not suffer a similar fate?"

**Oh, hi. Thought you were dead or something. Very much relieved that you're not. More sane Bay12ers in this place is always good.**
"Takes more then a rogue blink to get the best of me, sir. Though I'll admit that there are some situations where wits alone don't cut it. Good thing it seems lady luck and his holiness seem to be watching over me."

Propman turned to Bowtie and tipped off his tricorne for a brief moment before offering to shake hands, presuming him to be the source of the previous shouting. "Greetings. Name's not important in this place, so you can call me the Propman, or simply Prop if you chose. Been having a bit of a rough day, eh? Certainly not how I planned to spend the weekend."
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 11:41:38 pm by Propman »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

SB considers Hugo's question.
"No."
But he joins them anyway.

SB takes Propman's hand after a brief moment.
"Rough? Rough like one-grain sandpaper, sure.
'M Sentient Bowtie, or SB."
Black lives matter.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Haven't you already met?)

HugoLuman sighed and leaned against the wall. "Um... we left Kyle back at the town. I think Blitz stayed behind here, though we haven't seen him since we got back. Someone looted the piles of crap in the first room and went off through that unopened door, could have been him..." Propman's comment about the malevolent force had him worried, but he was trying not to show it after his brief outburst. "Um... was thinking we could go check on that."

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

(I don't recall ever interacting with him when we were in group: think of it as a formal introduction)

"Hah, what's sandpaper is my right hand, if you see what I'm saying! Regardless, less then a full day has passed since we've last arrived here if my clock is correct, so it wouldn't do us much good to go down the deep route before we've even been here for a week."

Continuing his discussion with Hugo, Propman shook his head. "No idea on Blitz, or the lads with the sword and the shield respectively? I'm sure they'll turn up at any rate, though I do hope whatever was chasing me didn't do so because it detected them. Come to think of it, I heard a bit of a blast going on as I was fleeing. It could be the entity, or it could be something else. If we are going to investigate, I suggest we do so in a group, and-" The pirate noticed that Hugo's hand was rather roughly wrapped up, no doubt concealing an injury. "Pardon sir, are you all right? Arc over there seems to be in less then adventuring condition as well. Might I inquire what happened in my absence?"

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Arc's been a bit generous with his healing. He's absorbed more than his share of injuries to help the rest of us, not to mention one random player with a broken leg. Also, I may have stepped on him in this last fight here, for which I am, again, really really sorry." He looked at his own hand. "Oh, and those clock bots in the last room got a couple of my fingers. We came back here in search of loot to pay for healing supplies."

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

Blitz walks up to Iton, frowning.
"Shit. What do I do? What do I do?"
He crouches, and then...
"Hmm... Calm down, calm down..."
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 427