Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 290198 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

*arrives at spawn room
Anybody here?
(Doesn't look like anyone's there right now. Except maybe smurfington, who seems not to be responding.)
(You can open up a new room, just choose one of the "unknown" ones on the map. Just bear in mind your character would probably notice stuff in the other rooms on the way there.)

Gate

Another flare occured at the gate, and Zanzetkuken arrived.  The aura was still present, but after 10 seconds faded to nothing, and she became animate once again.  "Well that was...different," she said.
"Oh hey, you're back. Looks like your fast-travel started working already. What happened to your friends?"
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile

(Hey, Cryxis, you may want to slow down on the posting. I'm afraid you're in an inactive area. Most of the players seem to be inactive. I'd recommend going to bed and seeing who replies, that's what I do when things start going slow in an RP.)

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile

(Since there is no GM I can just make random crap appear  in empty rooms I walk into right?)
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Yeah, just remember the rules. Right now the rooms would all be relatively low-level, so keep that in mind for the threats inside. Once inside, can't leave until the room is solved or you die, everyone in the room when it gets solved gets 1xp. There can be loot but, again, keep in mind low-level. I'm the quasi-GM, so pm me with questions about stuff.)
(Depending on what fork you open a room from, you may have some reading to do on the rooms between, but I could give you cliff-notes.)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

"Oh hey, you're back. Looks like your fast-travel started working already. What happened to your friends?"

Zanzetkuken jumped at the sudden voice, before calming down.  "Sorry, was a bit preoccupied," she rapidly stuttered out to explain why she had jumped.  "We, uh, didn't know what the, uh, fast-travel was, so I, um, tested it to, uh, test if it was safe."

(Since there is no GM I can just make random crap appear  in empty rooms I walk into right?)

(You might want to just stick with that other group for now, so you can get your level up easier, and so you can interact with fellow 'new' players.  Besides, the character is supposed to be you.  Would you really leave behind a group in real life and go off on your own in a highly dangerous place where you will likely die?)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 10:06:44 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Zanzetkuken jumped at the sudden voice, before calming down.  "Sorry, was a bit preoccupied," she rapidly stuttered out to explain why she had jumped.  "We, uh, didn't know what the, uh, fast-travel was, so I, um, tested it to, uh, test if it was safe."
The guard lady with the shotgun laughs. "Yeah, it's safe. Just don't expect to jump to anywhere within town. Someone a while back figured out how to block it, so we don't have to deal with the bad eggs popping in unannounced. There aren't many, but they are pretty bad."

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

The guard lady with the shotgun laughs. "Yeah, it's safe. Just don't expect to jump to anywhere within town. Someone a while back figured out how to block it, so we don't have to deal with the bad eggs popping in unannounced. There aren't many, but they are pretty bad."

"When was the last time one of these 'bad eggs' showed up?" she asked, then stammered, "I'm not asking to join them or anything, just how long it has been since something like a bandit raid happened.  Just to know how safe it is.  I'm not doubting your security or anything, just...Augh!  I can't explain myself well."
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 10:08:27 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Edit: Well I'm bad at reading.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 10:28:50 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Well damn. As for what I do outside the forums, I was dealing with college at the time. So, room full of spiders huh? Well, I have a large, blunt object to hit them with but do you think that will work?"

Person shudders a bit.
(SB isn't at the minefield: that conversation is taking place in town.)

"When was the last time one of these 'bad eggs' showed up?" she asked, then stammered, "I'm not asking to join them or anything, just how long it has been since something like a bandit raid happened.  Just to know how safe it is.  I'm not doubting your security or anything, just...Augh!  I can't explain myself well."
"That would be Maurice the Mutant, who attacks the town about once a week. Most of the others don't dare anymore, since they'd probably die. Though be careful if you're ever on the North side of the dome."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Kj1225 wanders up to the group obviously drunk. He also smells like booze.
"They have a tavern here!"

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

"That would be Maurice the Mutant, who attacks the town about once a week. Most of the others don't dare anymore, since they'd probably die. Though be careful if you're ever on the North side of the dome."

"How did he, or it might be she, get that name?  And what level is he...she...it...whatever?"

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Oh hey, we almost left you behind! Jeez, you don't look so good." Good to see you, Ricardo.

"How did he, or it might be she, get that name?  And what level is he...she...it...whatever?"
"Maurice is big trouble. We don't know what level he is, but we presume 'high.' Through some combination of class abilities, magic items, and altering himself with potions and things, he's become incredibly powerful. And, from what we can tell, completely insane."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

SB punches KJ's shoulder.
"Don't just get drunk all the time, dude."
Black lives matter.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

**Hi. Apparently the wrist thing lets you warp around. Zanz either teleported to the town gate using that or vaporized into thousands of subatomic particles failing to do so.**
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

"I'm not drunk."

Ricardo nods at the wolf man.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 427