Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 290127 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

((Yiss.))
"Huh."
Black lives matter.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile

Shiny dias. Cool story. Right, fuck it. Time to poke shi-WHEN DID I GET A SHIT-WATCH?

Koss pokes the device, his glare questioning. Suddenly, it asks him something.

CLASS SELECTION?

Pardon?

Reccomended Class: Bard. Specializes in music attacks.

...Bard? I'm a bit spoony, but I dunno. Sure, why not?

Class Chosen. Skill gained! Shatter 1. Can break weak materials with sound. Can do slight damage to creatures.

Koss looks about, his guitar case rattling, and then he notices the portals. Shrugging, he mutters something about how horribly he'll die and that if his computer gets damaged he's going to kill someone, he jumps in.
...Wasn't there a guy in there. Suddenly, he's aware of the group of people in front of him.

OH GOD, I DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY, DON'T ROB ME!
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile

GentlemanRaptor turns, clearly startled.

"Jesus, you nearly gave me a heart attack. Fuckin' spiders, man...I suppose I should introduce myself. GentlemanRaptor, Sniper Extraordinaire, at your service. We, ah, can't really go by real names in this place. Not sure why, but that's how it is. Also, as it stands, the guys with me are from the Bay12 forums, so forum handles work well. You two would be..."
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

"Hey guys?"  She said.  "I think I may have found an Overworld fast travel system."

**This makes things SO MUCH EASIER. I wonder if there's a limit to how much stuff you can teleport with you.**
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile

Wait. Bay12? I frequent there. I'm KingOfStarrySkies, sudden-bard. At thine service.

He stares at GentlemenRaptor's gun.

H-heh. Nice gun you got there. M-mind not pointing it near me?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

**This makes things SO MUCH EASIER. I wonder if there's a limit to how much stuff you can teleport with you.**

"Might be a case of what you are currently carrying.  You know, like Skyrim."

(Also, decided to make a dedicated Overworld Map, so that we can dedicate the original map to the 'Spawn Dungeon', and we can make new ones for other dungeons.)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile

Fniff is still screaming, around 50 meters away. He continues running until he slams into an invisible wall. He's down for an awfully long time, then he stands up and looks back. Slowly and carefully, he retraces his steps in the muddy ground so he doesn't get exploded. He'll be back in a minute.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

Town.

HugoLuman reaches the group again and stops, catching his breath. After a few moments he was ready to speak. "Whew. So, it turns out we do need the whole thing after all. Damn. What are you guys doing with your wrist things?"
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Town.

HugoLuman reaches the group again and stops, catching his breath. After a few moments he was ready to speak. "Whew. So, it turns out we do need the whole thing after all. Damn. What are you guys doing with your wrist things?"

With slight excitablility, Zanzetkuken replied, "I found a fast-travel system.  Apparently only lets us go to the entrance to places, and only places we have been, but still."
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile

GentlemanRaptor looks down at his gun.

"What, this? Yeah, it serves its purpose. I'd love to get some body armor, though. Maybe a helmet, too. Can't be too careful. Are you up to date on what exactly we're doing here, or do you need the newbie's guide? Honestly, though, we're all pretty new here."
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

Town.

With slight excitablility, Zanzetkuken replied, "I found a fast-travel system.  Apparently only lets us go to the entrance to places, and only places we have been, but still."
His first thought was that sure would have been good to know earlier, but then he parsed the whole sentence. "Well, that makes this a lot easier. At least, on the way there. Depends on how much we can carry with us. Shall we go then, or wait for kyle?"
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Ah, all from Bay12 are we? Right, I'm Person. Spend most of my time on the forum games and roll to dodge boards, though I do actually play the game sometimes. Aaaand now I'm regretting my name choice somewhat. So what's all this then?"

(I read through everything but yeah I'd ask.)
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

His first thought was that sure would have been good to know earlier, but then he parsed the whole sentence. "Well, that makes this a lot easier. At least, on the way there. Depends on how much we can carry with us. Shall we go then, or wait for kyle?"

"Well, we don't all need to go, but I get the feeling we should test this first.  I could try warping to the Town Gate, as that is the nearest location to travel to."

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile

"Right. The CliffsNotes version is that someone gets their rocks off by transporting people into this RPG world. Until recently, we thought it was a fantasy setting. However, there are two space marines (not Warhammer) behind that door, and round the other side there was a bloody great alien spider thingy. So that complicates things. You level up every 5 rooms, and at every level you get a new skill. Did I miss anything, Blitz?

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile

Minefield

Hello, who's all here at this minefield. And what's with all those dead spiders over der?
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 427