Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 290065 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile

(Well, does it count as the same door if it's freestanding and you're looking at it from the opposite side? They aren't technically doors if they're operating on quantum physics logic, more like portals.)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

Town

**Actually, it might be best if we stuck to delving in the starting dungeon, once we get Hugo cured. I have no idea if the enemies are leveled or static, so staying near territory we KNOW is relatively safe is probably our best bet if we want to avoid dying. Sure, we respawn, but I don't know how many TIMES we are allowed to respawn and I'd prefer not to risk it.**
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

(Well, does it count as the same door if it's freestanding and you're looking at it from the opposite side? They aren't technically doors if they're operating on quantum physics logic, more like portals.)

(True, but it's hard to draw from a 2D perspective. Or 3D, for that matter. We could just say it was always the spider room, then, since the starwars one would be currently impassable. I could do a weird T-thing on the map, just this once, though.)

Town

**Actually, it might be best if we stuck to delving in the starting dungeon, once we get Hugo cured. I have no idea if the enemies are leveled or static, so staying near territory we KNOW is relatively safe is probably our best bet if we want to avoid dying. Sure, we respawn, but I don't know how many TIMES we are allowed to respawn and I'd prefer not to risk it.**
"Alright. I'm going to go get clarification from that shop guy real quick, let me know if you guys see kyle. And Arc, please let us know if you need any help."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(True, but it's hard to draw from a 2D perspective. Or 3D, for that matter. We could just say it was always the spider room, then, since the starwars one would be currently impassable. I could do a weird T-thing on the map, just this once, though.)
(Really, trying to draw the concept of a door that leads to two separate locations like trying to accurately depict physics through interpretive dance. Remember, though, you could consider the Star Wars one and the Spider room one and the same, since I think Macdonald said that they were just two sides of a door. By the way, there is an eastern exit that leads to what might be the overworld, since it is to the east.)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(I think 1 exit to that overworld per dungeon would be best. I'm going to rework the map a bit to reflect the possibility of future dungeons, but bear in mind that space can indeed be f*cked up, with the doors between rooms providing the only consistency. There could be a battlefield-sized room inside a seemingly tiny dungeon, or 2 northern doors in 1 room that lead to different rooms. Just don't pull that Stanley Parable stuff too often or the google map is going to get tangled.)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Speaking of, I might put in a forcefield limiter for the minefield. It'd be weird having two overworlds which would be very separate. What do you think? I have my own personal interpretation of what's going on, but it'd be cool to hear from other people on what they think would make sense.)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(A forcefield would probably be for the best on that one, since it's within 4 rooms of the other overworld.)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile

Ugh...My head. Where am I?

Wake up, and look around the room.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ugh...My head. Where am I?

Wake up, and look around the room.
He found himself emerging from some kind of pod into a strange room, looking like a blend of high and low tech. Stone walls, but raised platforms over shallow water with strange gadgets on them, like other pods and some kind of dias in the middle.

(No need to submit actions, though, this is open RP. You still can if you want I guess.)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile

Okay. Think. In times of distress, what do you usually do?

Step one...Check body. Guitar-In it's case, even!-Check. Clothes, thank god. Hat? Bitchin'.

Step two. Look around. Done.

Step three. Go to the big shiny thing.

Koss walks to the Dias, his eyes keen. If this was a trap, he would have none of it.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

He found himself emerging from some kind of pod into a strange room, looking like a blend of high and low tech. Stone walls, but raised platforms over shallow water with strange gadgets on them, like other pods and some kind of dias in the middle.

(No need to submit actions, though, this is open RP. You still can if you want I guess.)

(Don't forget about the warp pillars that allow instant transmission to either of the groups.)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

Sb nods and waves to Hugo as he leaves.
Black lives matter.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Don't forget about the warp pillars that allow instant transmission to either of the groups.)
(Right, there's those. Um, not sure how or where those actually are, so feel free to describe them.)
(Once those spiders are dead, everyone in that room should have 3/5 exp.)

The shop bell rang, prompting the man to look up from his desk. "Oh, it's you again. Did you get it?"

HugoLuman held up a finger, needing a moment to catch his breath after jogging the whole way. "Not yet. Just needed to ask: did you need the whole thing?"

"It's a complicated work. It depends on the condition of the body, and I can't know what I'll need without examining the whole thing. Sorry."

"Right. Thanks." With that, HugoLuman ran off again to rejoin the others.

"I do hope he didn't forget any other questions..."

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I actually kinda feel like trying this. I'm technically horrible at RP normally but that's mostly because my mind can't really contemplate not being me. Logically then, this game allows me to be me, so why the hell not.

Spoiler: In (click to show/hide)

Person wakes up in the starting room, looking up at the ceiling.

"This isn't my bed. No, this isn't a bed at all."

He slowly lurches to sit upright and looks around.

"What is this place? How did I get here?"

Standing up to check his physical state, he noticed something strange.

"Why am I holding a snow shovel? Wasn't wearing the rest of this stuff when I went to bed either, but I guess I can't complain about being armed."

A brief pause.

"Well, I guess I'll see where the hell I am."

His wanderings eventually lead him to the central dais. A light beep interrupts his thoughts.

"Huh? I never leave my phone on, battery on that thing is god awful. Oh wait, is this a wrist watch? When did this get here?"

Class selection:

"Classes? This some sort of game? Damn, I didn't volunteer myself for some weird VR shit and lose my memory did I?"

Recommended Class: Opportunist, Search for a specific class.

"Weird name for a class, but I guess I'll roll with it? If this is a beta or something I'd rather not try min-maxing just yet."

Class gained: Opportunist(Focuses on disabling or weakening targets with targeted attacks, but also has effective sneak attack abilities.)

Skill gained: Debilitate I (Attacks are more likely to inflict crippling effects like broken bones, infections, poison, etc)

"Seems handy I guess? You know, somehow I doubt this is a dream, but I'm really hoping it is for the time being. I'd like to say I'm prepared for this kind of shit but I'm really, really not."

A brief glimmer of hope appears.

"Oh right, I have a phone. Might as well try it out... Yeah, no signal, like that's a surprise. Bad horror movie cliches man. Phones never work when you need 'em."

A brief sigh.

"Huh, looks like there's some sort of teleport system in this room. Maybe there's other people around here somewhere. Guess I'll try this one."

After a brief, mildly disorienting flash of light,  I'm in near a bunch of people in some sort of desert area. A bunch of armed people. Is that a guy in a horse mask?

"Whoa. Uh, hello?"

(Ran through the starting bits kind of quickly but really no one else was in the starting room while I was typing this stuff. I guess we'll say I totally failed a spot/listen check and didn't notice Koss. Hey, I just woke up.)
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

While Hugo was away, Zanzetkuken decided to see explore the device a bit more, and noticed something curious.  A button that was previously grayed out was 'lit'.  When she decided to see what it was, a prompt came up to hold her arm parallel to the ground.  After doing so, on the left half of the screen, a list of location names appeared, though only with 2 names, 'Spawn Dungeon Entrance' and 'Town Gate'.  On the right half, a hologram of the dome appeared.  When she activated the 'Town Gate' name, the hologram and list disappeared, and the words 'Would you like to teleport to this location?', with the options being 'yes' and 'no'.

"Hey guys?"  She said.  "I think I may have found an Overworld fast travel system."

(Introducing this for ease of travel in the Overworld.  How it works: You can only go to entrances of locations you have been to, travel to a location takes about 20 seconds for any location, and it can only be used in the Overworld.)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 08:09:29 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 427