Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 289981 times)

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile

"What do we do with a drunken sailor, what do we do... We could always go back and try the other door in the heads room."
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile

Iton walks to the Dias to choose class
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile

(I just came up with a better name for my class: Crafty Survivalist. It wouldn't really change much if I edited the name in my class. Can I do that?)
"I am not running across a minefield again."

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

**Interesting about the potions. As for the book... I don't remember why I had it. Probably a rulebook of some kind. Its the right size. But it IS all I really have from before Here. Might be best to pawn it only if we DESPERATELY need the money.**
"Well, if paper is valuable, I still have a notebook in my bag here. Mostly written on but it's not really something I care about." He checked his messenger bag to make sure. "Yep, still here. Anyway, aside from valuables, there's another reason we may need to head back. The shop guy said he can cure my thing, but he needs the corpse of the one that inflicted the bite."
**Yeah, I'll hold on to the ourobouros book for now. As for the shop guy: Does he need ALL of it? Or just part of it? Because I don't fancy hauling a dead werewolf all the way back here. Maybe we could rig up a sled or something if it comes to that.**

**Interesting about the potions. As for the book... I don't remember why I had it. Probably a rulebook of some kind. Its the right size. But it IS all I really have from before Here. Might be best to pawn it only if we DESPERATELY need the money.**

"If we need money, we just need to go dungeon diving for loot," Zanzetkuken said.  "You know, I wonder if those transformations would act as a full heal, like they do in Dwarf Fortress."
"Maybe. I've still got this tear in my ear, but that was from a silver hook."
**I think it might depend on the method of transformation. Different potions or effects might overwrite your old form and replace it with a changed one or they might directly change your current form without resetting it. In any case, I'm not sure I want to test that. Might be worth trying though.**
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"What if we close this door and open it from the other side?"
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"... Now you're thinking with portals!"

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Lemme try that..."

McDonald walks around the door. It looks the same from the other side. He slams it open.

"Oh shit!" On the other side was a small room. McDonald noticed a large spider-ish creature banging against a reinforced door, which was identical to the one in front of the soldiers they just saw. The creature [17] fortunately didn't notice him.
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fniff walks around and looks out at the scene. [7-2=5] Fniff freezes and begins screaming so highly that it goes out of anyone's audial range and becomes simply a high-pitched "eeeeeeee".

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile

(I'm lost)
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Fn-"

McDonald closes Fniff's mouth with his hand. The creature turns around and starts slowly walking towards them. It seems to have no eyes. McDonald stares in shock, unable to close the door.
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

"What if we close this door and open it from the other side?"

(I think it was somewhere stated it would remain the same.)

Edit: (Ninja's...)

((Hmm, it's interesting that all the humanoid NPCs we've seen so far have had their features entirely obscured. This could be a thing now.))

(Could deal be a thing with the religion I mentioned.)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile

Minefield

"Fniff! Demon crossbow! Now!"

GentlemanRaptor rushes around the door to provide support.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(The negative modifier is because of panic. I'm arachnophobic, you see.)
[20-1=19]Fniff high-pitched scream of terror becomes a very deep battle cry.

"SHOOOOOT!"

cul-WISH

[18-1=17] The spider is hit in the thorax, and squeals a little. Fniff starts shakily loading in another arrow into the crossbow. [8-1=7]He repeatedly pushes it up against the side of the ammo tube without putting it in.

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Kill them with fire!"

McDonald steps in and starts firing his flamethrower at the spider. It catches fire and starts running around making all sorts of noises.
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(I'm lost)
(If you want to meet up with us, look at the map. We're (That is, me, Blitz, McDonald, and GentlemanRaptor) currently at the minefield, so go ahead say you arrive there if you want to start RPing. After choosing your class and ability of course.)
[19-1=18] Fniff keeps loading his crossbow. [10-1=9] He manages to load it. He aims it at the spider, says "SHOOT!" but nothing happens. He gasps, then takes out the arrow and starts basically pounding at it to make it fit in properly.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 05:08:53 pm by Fniff »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 427