Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 289747 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile

Starting Room
"I went with the crafting because that's always useful. I think we'll be fine since we're in a tight group and one of us has a gun, and he doesn't seem that insane. All we need to do is not split up and remember try to tell when this story goes from the first act (where no-one can die because we're still setting up the conventions of the story) and the second act (where everything is fucked). We'll be fine, this kind of situation is usually very clichιd. I bet you by the end of this we'll be all laughing, then jumping up in the air in a freezeframe."

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

"I... Doubt that. Anyone can die here, after all, it's just not permanent, although I have no doubt that there's some creature that kills you permanently."
Blitz walks up to the door.
"However, we can apply tropes to some things. Regardless, are we all ready? Once you leave there's no backing out without dying, and I'm not sure any of you want a spontaneous gender and appearance change."
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Starting Room
"Well, I'd rather be a girl then dead, but then again I imagine if that happened I'd be someone's fantasy, so..."
There is a brief, awkward pause.
"Let's just stop imagining that, then."

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile

"Wait, this guy who asked you if we have a sniper. He's still standing by this wrist screen dealer."
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Starting Area
"I heard him. I don't see anyone else with a sniper rifle around here. Go with what you're good at."

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

"We found this shop offering magical healthcare and advice, though more advice. The guy there says he can cure lycanthropy, but it's difficult since he needs a certain corpse from back in the dungeon. Oh yeah, and these," he taps on his wrist device, "are apparently very hard to get rid of. So, did you find anything interesting?"

Having steadied herself, Zanzetkuken didn't flinch, just replying, "Besides weapons and armor being really high priced, nothing much."
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Should we roll out or wait for that dude?"
I'm with stupid |
                      v

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

Starting Room
"I went with the crafting because that's always useful. I think we'll be fine since we're in a tight group and one of us has a gun, and he doesn't seem that insane. All we need to do is not split up and remember try to tell when this story goes from the first act (where no-one can die because we're still setting up the conventions of the story) and the second act (where everything is fucked). We'll be fine, this kind of situation is usually very clichιd. I bet you by the end of this we'll be all laughing, then jumping up in the air in a freezeframe."
((Since this is open RP, crafting depends on what you know how to make/think you could cobble together, though I suppose you're free to roll for yourself on experimental attempts. However, you might want to change it from a quantitative to a qualitative bonus.))

A stench of blood was wafting through the open door into the starting room.

"We found this shop offering magical healthcare and advice, though more advice. The guy there says he can cure lycanthropy, but it's difficult since he needs a certain corpse from back in the dungeon. Oh yeah, and these," he taps on his wrist device, "are apparently very hard to get rid of. So, did you find anything interesting?"

Having steadied herself, Zanzetkuken didn't flinch, just replying, "Besides weapons and armor being really high priced, nothing much."
HugoLuman wasn't sure if he believed her, but he decided not to press about it for now. "I suppose we won't have much to talk about on the way back to the square, then. Well, SB here is thinking of trading some of his ammo for something at the shops, but I can't think of anything, unless you know where we might get some sandals or something for almost nothing."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile

Starting Area
GentlemanRaptor fiddles with his device.
"Alright, Sniper it is. Looks like the starting skill is something named...Headshot, that's it. I'll take that."
He looks around the room.
"Well, seein' as how we're going by forum handles around here, my name is GentlemanRaptor. If you guys are ready, let's roll."
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

"Right then. Do we leave?"
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Let's do this!"

McDonalds walks up to the door, slowly opens and peeks inside. He turns around with a horrified look on his face.

"Oh my god... There are dead children on the floor, one of them missing their head. There are also piles of shit strewn about. I could also see three doors on every side of that room.
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Starting Room
"... Is there another exit?"

Fniff holds his hammer close and cowers behind GentlemanRaptor.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 03:23:47 pm by Fniff »

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

McDonald looks around and in the eyes of everyone.

"No... We have to go through that."
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

"No... We have to go through that."

(I cannot wait to see how they react to my partially mauled body in the room after.)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile

GentlemanRaptor gulps, then nods.
"Well, that room's probably already been cleared, anyhow. Let's go, and try not to vomit too much on the way through, yeah?"
He slips through the door into the room.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 427