Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 289650 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

SB frowns.
"Who cares if you die? When you respawn you can just get your gear back and grind to your level again. 'S not like Sword Art Online or some stupid shit like that."
"Clearly you haven't died yet. Neither have I, but I can tell you there is good reason not to. For one, it is a most unpleasant experience, and most people don't like having their appearance drastically altered. Oh, and take my advice, be careful trying potions. They come in fixed and flux varieties, with the former having the same effect on everyone, but the latter, well... anyway. The second reason is, that as far as anyone's seen, each room can only be cleared once, and it takes 5 rooms per level. That's a lot of dungeon to cover. There are a number of dungeons connecting to this dome, and each seems to go on forever, but they tend to get more dangerous as people go deeper. Sometimes you might run into something in this dome that gives progress, but that's unpredictable. Point being, it's difficult to make up what was lost. Mind you, there are rumors of shortcuts, but I've never seen one myself."

"So, what level are most people here?"

"Most people here are whatever level they've attained getting here from their starting point, since most don't go exploring too much after. Many are 2 or 3, but we've got a couple as high as 20 around here. However, there's quite a few that, despite not leveling up, have been practicing their skills all the while."

HugoLuman though about this for a second. Things were started to sound a bit bad about their chances, though on the other hand, this guy didn't seem to know everything. "So, one more, and it might have to do with paid work. Your sign says 'Magical Physician,' right?"

"And 'Helper,' yes. Go on."

"So, do you know anything about lycanthropy? Like, how to cure it?"

The man raised an eyebrow. "That does sound like paid work. And yes, I know how. But it's a bit tricky."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

"That's such bullshit. How's there even enough rooms for everyone here? Is the place infinite?"
Black lives matter.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"That's such bullshit. How's there even enough rooms for everyone here? Is the place infinite?"
"As far as anyone here knows, yes. However, people tend to arrive in groups, and everyone in a room gets credit when it's cleared. And people tend to go adventuring in groups, too, when they go at all. So we don't have a vast labyrinth of cleared rooms anywhere."

"But assuming not everyone is in absolutely giant groups, that still means a lot of rooms to level everyone in this town."

"You'd think, but the largest entry point has a bit of a quirk. It seems to change its layout a bit every time someone new arrives there. About 3/4 of everyone here came through there, so most people's levels came from it. You'd think you could mine the place for exp, but going through backwards is a sure-fire way to get lost. And before you ask, it comes out right near the town, but I wouldn't recommend looking for it."

"So... about that lycanthrope cure. How do you do it?"

"Well, I'd need the infectee, of course, and the corpse of the one who bit them."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Which happens to be in the dungeon we left a while ago, which, as you said, is more than likely to get us lost on the way there, since the dead guy we need is in the first room of the place."
Black lives matter.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Well, only the dungeon from the big entrance is known to shift around. If you didn't enter the dome within 20 meters of the town wall, you didn't come from that one."

"Ugh. We'd still need to drag a corpse all the way back here, probably across that enchanted river again."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

SB shrugs, and then shudders at HL's words.
"I don't want to go near a body at all. Even if it's a werewolf's it's a goddamn body; there's bound to be all sorts of viruses in that thing."
Black lives matter.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Yeah, I kind of don't like the idea either. I'd hate to think if they've started to get all miasma-y by now. I, uh, don't suppose you could do the thing on-site?"

"You expect me to follow you guys into an unknown dungeon in some unknown part of the dome, with a cursed person who might turn into a werewolf along the way, not to mention crossing an apparently dangerous river?"

"Um.. well, when you put it like that..."

"Plus, the rest of the stuff I need to do it is all right here."

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile

((I wake up and 30 posts await me. Wait up!))
Starting room

McDonald falls out of the pod, but quickly stands up and backs away when he notices a man standing dangerously close to him with a machete.

"Ow! What the... Ah, who are you!? Where am I!?"
I'm with stupid |
                      v

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

Random Dungeon Room
"What to do, what to do..."
Suddenly, Blitz was torn apart by something akin to... wind? No matter. The important thing is that he died.
Starting Room
Blitz stumbles out of the pod, looking fairly different, with dark brown hair and a light tan.
"What just happened?"
He looks around, confused, until he notices the guy wielding a machete.
"What the hell are you doing, man?"
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"'S only dangerous if you consider losing all memory dangerous."
Black lives matter.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

((sorry for the hold up, school is killing me))

Smurf puts his machete away.

"Can someone explain what is going on?"
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

"I can."
Blitz turns towards the pod.
"What do you want to know first, hmm?"
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"'S only dangerous if you consider losing all memory dangerous."
"...Which I do. I'm sorry, but I'll have to stay here. But good luck in trying."

"Yeah, I guess, thanks for your time. SB, you want to ask him anything else? Or is it time to meet up with the others?"

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

"Why the fuck are we here would be a good start, shit-for-brains."
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Dude. It's been, what, ten minutes? Calm down.
And, I don't have any questions, no. Thanks anway, guy."

((Smurf and SB get down to business with stuff.))
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 427