Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 289674 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile

Starting Room
"I dunno, I'm more of a roleplayer, but anyway. How do we get out of this place?"

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

Blitz looks up from the device.
"What do you mean, 'get out'? If you mean leave this world then that's quite simple. We don't. Of you mean this room, I would suggest a class first. You'll probably die otherwise."
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile

"What's your weapon, Blitz? It's important. Fniff, there's a door right there, but let's be sure everyone is ready."

McDonald presses a button on his device, and it makes an excited beeping booping sound.
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Starting Room
"But... I... Okay, let's put a pin in that and call escaping this place a 'long-term goal'. There's always a way out of these situations. Let's try out this device."
Fniff experimentally steps into the machine. A wristpad appears on his arm, to his surprise. He presses a button on it, causing it to make a depressed "shooby-do-wop" sound.

"Is... is that a bad sound? Oh, okay, the menu is loaded. Recommended class is... Sassy Oil? Oh, dammit, it's crashed."

He pounds on the wristpad. It makes a shrill buzzing sound, then makes a mechanical clicking noise.

"This is terrible hardware. Now it just says 'Hiding Survivalist' in the recommended class. Is that my class or do I need to hit it again?"

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Don't you have a 'Search for class' button? If not, hit it... Good thing these things seem to be sturdy."
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fniff pounds on it a few more times. It makes a desperate beeping sound before clicking again. Some smoke seems to be coming out of the screen.

"You know, I'm just going to choose Hiding Survivalist because I'm afraid of what will happen if I try beating this again. This thing is more glitched then Fallout New Vegas. Even looks like a Pipboy. So do I just press it or is it more complicated?"

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Press it, then you will have a skill selection screen. If that doesn't work, well... I have no idea."

((When there is a 'c' followed by an 'l', it looks like 'd'. I was puzzled why your iWatch "dicked" again))
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 11:29:59 am by McDonald »
I'm with stupid |
                      v

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

"Sorry, I thought I had seen something behind me and didn't notice you, so running into you slightly scared me.  Anyway, did either of you come across anything interesting?"

"We found this shop offering magical healthcare and advice, though more advice. The guy there says he can cure lycanthropy, but it's difficult since he needs a certain corpse from back in the dungeon. Oh yeah, and these," he taps on his wrist device, "are apparently very hard to get rid of. So, did you find anything interesting?"
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

"My weapon is a knife, why?"
Blitz continues fiddling with the device.
"Well. This looks like a great class. Seems shades out, though, wonder why."
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"It's important for your class. What class are you going with?"
I'm with stupid |
                      v

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

"Faker. It's a very... Odd class, shall we say."
Blitz continues to fiddle with the device.
"Right then, this will do... Right, I'm ready."

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile

Starting Area

"May as well see what this thing can do."
GentlemanRaptor steps into the machine. He gasps a bit as the device appears on his wrist.
"Alrighty, so...recommended class is a sniper. Hey Blitz, do we already have a sniper?"
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Should we start with level 1 or 0?))
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Starting Area
Fniff fadoodles around with the wristpad, then rubs his eyes. He was thinking of saying how insane this was... but that never got you anywhere in life.

"Well, if you guys don't mind, I'm going to be cowering behind the guy with the rifle until I'm at my computer arguing about feminism on the internet from dusk till dawn."

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

((Level 1.))
"We did, but then they died and changed their class. We might have another one, but I went off to explore the dungeon while mostly everybody else went to the overworld. Word of advice, there's something in there that can rip you to shreds without you noticing it's even there, it's how I died."
Blitz turns towards the door.
"So, who still needs their classes? And I'd advise you to look carefully, and minmax the hell out of your class. Otherwise... You'll die."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 427