Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 399 400 [401] 402 403 ... 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 290145 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. On the road...)
« Reply #6000 on: April 01, 2015, 04:32:56 pm »

Kyle sighs and goes to find somewhere to clean out his wounds.

0player

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6001 on: April 01, 2015, 05:10:51 pm »

“Oh, it's dried meat! It's fun to eat but we should probably save it for a soup or some other hot food, just sayin'. We took that stuff in tracking expeditions, and you dry out quickly if you eat it like that, not to mention it's less fulfilling without water.”
Zero then proceeds to munch on a strip of jerky.

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6002 on: April 01, 2015, 05:29:25 pm »

"Can I use the knife? It seems like less of a burden to carry around, and easier to use." Tech proceeded to wait a moment, then gently tugged on both of the loose chinstraps hanging at each side of her head. "Don't forget the helmet, Arc."

(( 404 error, yeah.
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #6003 on: April 01, 2015, 06:43:12 pm »

Armach gives his half-full bottle of booze to Kyle and the bag of jerky to Zero.
"It's not much but it should hold you until we find real food. Oh and before I forget." Armach hands the shotgun over to Kyle.
"Alright, I'm going to see where I can be of help. Maybe get some quests for Team Peak or something." Armach leaves the shack and looks around for a place to lend a hand or for people who need a job done.
There are a lot of people who could use some help with cleanup and rebuilding, though several of them are too busy to notice you. Some people ask you for certain items, but none of them seem to coincide with what you've got. Many people repeat what the lady in the shop said, "go ask the guard." It looks like you have 3 broad choices for assisting people: the guards, helping people with repair work, or going off in search of items for people.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6004 on: April 01, 2015, 08:45:13 pm »

Insane hands over the Bowie knife to tech. He reaches under the ghillie suit and pulls out it's sheath as well.
You'll need this as well. By the way, what type of weapon do you prefer using? Any specifics? just so we know what to look out for. Do you prefer firearms? if so, what type? Do you like melee weapons? etc.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6005 on: April 01, 2015, 08:48:15 pm »

"I've never really used a weapon. Or learned how to use one, for that matter. I guess a weapon that's effective, even when being flailed around cluelessly? I really have no idea."
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6006 on: April 01, 2015, 09:30:47 pm »

"Well, you can't go wrong with a spear. Just point and poke. Hardly surprising that it's mankind's first weapon."

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6007 on: April 01, 2015, 09:41:54 pm »

Inspecting Hugo's spear, Tech nibbled at the inside of her lower lip. "It looks, uh, heavy. I doubt I could carry around one of those."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6008 on: April 01, 2015, 10:18:15 pm »

"Nah, it's just a knife on a stick. I found a bayonet in one of the first rooms and just stuck it on. Not exactly the best spear, but it's saved me a couple times so far. Erm, but I think I'll hold onto it for now."

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6009 on: April 02, 2015, 12:23:27 am »

Armach walks to the entrance of the town to where he met the guards, deciding that they would be the best group to aid.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6010 on: April 02, 2015, 12:37:56 am »

(I'm just going to get the other details out of the way so that we can the puzzle pieces that actually matter.)

Noticing exposed wiring in the dented lamp post, they followed it to a large junction box hidden in a nearby alley. On opening it, they found several switches inside, but also (beneath a stenciled "MNTNCE TESTING") several sockets, including a dozen normal-sized ones and three large ones (like the big one the generator had been plugged into at the restaurant), each with a numberic label. The big ones were labeled "310," "410," and "510."

Armach walks to the entrance of the town to where he met the guards, deciding that they would be the best group to aid.
They told him he could help them fix the gate, though they were almost done, but if he wanted to help the guards in general, he should probably head to the center of town. There they might be taking volunteers for a supply run or some other mission.

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6011 on: April 02, 2015, 01:11:38 am »

Armach thanks them and heads over to the town's center.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6012 on: April 02, 2015, 10:18:09 am »

(wait did I miss anything since last post? sorry I havn't been keeping track of this very well .-.)
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6013 on: April 02, 2015, 11:12:37 am »

Not much. We drove back to the intersection with the bank vault clues, and some of us got out of the car for another look around.)

0player

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6014 on: April 02, 2015, 04:35:17 pm »

Zero follows Kyle, leaving Armach on his way to the guard.
“Hey! These wounds look pretty bad. I'm assuming that I can stitch them for better healing after you sanitize them... at least my class ability says that I can.”
She tilts her head to the side and speaks in a voice a bit unnatural: “Will you be my first test sub-ject?” Then she loses it and snickers again.
Pages: 1 ... 399 400 [401] 402 403 ... 427