Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 289629 times)

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile

"None of us know, so far, least of all me. Presumably we were sent to entertain some higher power who decided to amuse him or herself by sending random people into a fantasy world."

"Well, shit."

GentlemanRaptor finishes loading the magazine and slaps it into his rifle.

"Alright, then, could you tell us what the thing in the middle of the room does?"
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

"If I remember correctly, it gives you a class of your choice, which allows you to gain relevant abilities."
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile

"A class? What is this, some RPG?"
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile

Starting Room
"I'm Fi---niiiiif, Fniff. Is this an RPG? That's fucking insane, but it's better then what I was thinking of. But why does he get a gun and I get a hammer?"

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile

Starting Room
"I'm Fi---niiiiif, Fniff. Is this an RPG? That's fucking insane, but it's better then what I was thinking of. But why does he get a gun and I get a hammer?"

"The hell if I know. Last I checked, this thing was in my gun safe. Glad I ended up with it, though. Be prepared, right? Actually, wait-if this is my rifle, do you own that hammer?"
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I wonder if..."

McDonald starts searching his satchel.

"Erm... Is this a joke?" he said, pulling out a horse mask. "I might as well put it on... Is that it?"
I'm with stupid |
                      v

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

"Much as I could use something on my feet, I don't know about giving away your ammo for it. But I guess I can't stop you from getting something for yourself."
"I guess you can't.
It sucks, though.. I could have sworn there was a couple thousand in here last time I checked... In the real world, I mean."
Black lives matter.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

"It does seem to be an RPG, yes. Dying will cause you to respawning here, with a somewhat different appearance, perhaps even a different gender, and your progress so far reset, which means you can choose a new one. I intend to do so, by the way."
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

As Zanzetkuken wandered through the crowds, in the direction of the plaza, she ran into Sentient Bowtie and Hugo Luman.  In the case of the former, quite literally, as she had been glancing back, thinking she had seen someone following her.  She rapidly apologized, subconsciously checking the gauntlet to make sure the mark wasn't revealed, before noticing it who she had run into.

"Oh, wasn't expecting to run into you," she said, slightly nervously, as she looked out of the corners of her eyes to notice the few who had looked in their direction had decided to continue moving on to their destinations.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

"Me neither.
God, you're tall. And pretty.
Hey, what's up? You look kind of incredibly jumpy."
Black lives matter.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

"Sorry, I thought I had seen something behind me and didn't notice you, so running into you slightly scared me.  Anyway, did either of you come across anything interesting?"
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Would you show us how to use this thing... Sorry, I didn't catch your name?"
I'm with stupid |
                      v

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

"BlitzDungeoneer. Regardless, you walk onto it, and a device of some sort should appear on your left arm, if I'm remembering correctly, which allows you to choose. 'Course, it gives you a recommended class as well. Allow me to demonstrate."
Blitz walks onto the Dias, watching as the device appears on his left arm again.
"Now then, 'Search for Specific Class'.... This may take a while. Do feel free to ask questions in the mean-time."

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Okay..."

McDonald slowly walks up to the machine and watches a thingamajig appear on his arm.

"Let's see, recommended class is flamethrower idiot. What?"

He rummages through his bag again, this time finding...

"Deodorant cans and lighters! Hell yeah! What does this thing on my arm say? Select skill... I'll go with a passive... 'High pressure nozzle', increases range. Sounds good. Is there anything more I need to do?"
I'm with stupid |
                      v

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

"Confirm it, and that's it. Wait a bit, I need to decide on my class, and then I'll answer your other questions..."
Blitz turns to the device on his arm, fiddling with it.
"Let's see, recommended class 'Rogue'. Let's ignore that..."
Blitz continues fiddling with the machine.
"What would be a good class? If this is an RPG, then I need to min max..."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 427