Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 290348 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

"I say we try looting that vault, and that we go check for other players. It would suck to drag the corpse all the way through town only to find out we don't have enough money. Besides, we really should find some medical supplies, or at least the means to pay for them, before we head back."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

(Put an extremely long-winded summary of the game so far in the OP, for those who want more detail but don't want to read 70+ pages)

(Based on the description, I've thought of two things.  One, it seems appropriate to go back and rename the old thread Act 1.  Two, we need to make a TVtropes page sometime.)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

**There's a place in town that provides free basic non-magical medical care. It's where I got my leg splinted. Something to consider.**

(Put an extremely long-winded summary of the game so far in the OP, for those who want more detail but don't want to read 70+ pages)

(Based on the description, I've thought of two things.  One, it seems appropriate to go back and rename the old thread Act 1.  Two, we need to make a TVtropes page sometime.)

[I approve of both these points.]
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I don't know how much more basic stuff can help." He flexes his remaining fingers. "I'm going to be blunt: you really don't look well. And we're going to need some fast acting stuff if we want to deal with future emergencies."

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

[I approve of both these points.]

(Did the first, second needs to be done by someone else, as the one time I tried to make a page, it got taken down due to an utter lack of tropes on the page, since I'm not that great at coming up with a starting pool of tropes.

Also, if someone else wants to do an End of Act narration, I'll hold off on locking the thread for that.)
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(IDK if an end of act narration is really necessary or if it would say anything not already covered, but if someone wants to do it, go ahead I guess. I'll just start the Tropes page.)

"Hmm. Alright. Maybe if we grab a bunch of metal stuff from this room, and the baseball bats from the dead robbers, that's probably enough for some form of quality medecine. And should leave us light enough to drag the body. Dunno how much a 'magical physician' charges, though."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

Kevak snaps into wakefulness. Finding himself not in his warm bed with his comfy pile of blankets, but instead in a odd, and cold podlike thing. ..Wat.

He climbs out and looks around, noticing a rather odd looking Dais in the center of the room as well as several other pods, he turns around to check the pod he woke up in and notices what appears to be his messenger bag and a suspiciously similar pickaxe to the one he keeps under his bed. ..What.

He picks up his bag, and noticing it's considerably lighter, he goes through it, finding some of the previous contents but not anywhere near as much as he originally had in there. Shrugging, he slings it over his back and picks up the pickaxe before walking towards the central Dias.

Upon setting foot on the Dais, several restraints immediately grapple him. "Oh dear.." Several minutes pass and the room gets noticeably hotter, some smoke begins to waft from the machine. "...Is this thing broke-" The moment he opens his mouth the machine begins moving again, jamming a series of needles into his left arm, quickly followed by some sort of device before releasing him. ((Wooo for being ambidextrous~ I was tempted to have the thing go on my leg, but I decided that would be inconvenient and a tad odd.)) "Ooow..."

The device lights up as a screen activates. Several indecipherable glyphs flash before the text "Recommended Class: Shifter." scrolls onto the screen. Shifter? Hopefully it's the kind from some of my forumventures, although teeeechnically it's sorta a race but sorta not. Doesn't look like there are any other options. Kevak presses a blinking button and the text reads out "Class Accepted." A moment later what appears to be a massive progression tree appears, The only thing seemingly active reads Minor Shifter Regen 1. When he pokes it on the screen, a fairly long description blurb opens.

"One of the first passives of the Physical Enhancement Tree, 1% energy per timecycle ((Turn~)) spent healing. 30-120 seconds for light scratches such as a cat scratching you. 3-10 minutes for light wounds such as glancing dagger slashes. 1-6 hours for deep wounds such as a inch deep cut provided it is stabilized before you bleed out, 12-24 hours for a major wound such as a stab in the gut provided it is stabilized before you bleed out, 24-72 hours for a fatal wound such as a severed artery provided it is stabilized before you bleed out, 1-6 months to regrow a severed limb provided you don't die from bloodloss or other causes before then. Healing rate is dependent on energy levels, above 60% is maximum healing rate, every 10% below that slows the healing rate until the max time is reached."

Seems similar so far.. He closes out and notices a percentage reading "100%E" in the corner of the screen. He taps it.

"Energy: Energy is produced at a rate of 0.25% per timecycle and stops being produced at 100%, Energy can be raised rapidly through ingesting high energy substances such as meat or similar foodstuffs or through the Energy Manipulation Tree and Energy Enhancement Tree. Energy does not decay unless spent on something passively or actively. Energy above 100% is stored in the Aura. Energy can be raised above 100% through ingestion of high energy foodstuffs or through the Energy Manipulation Tree or the Energy Enhancement Tree. Should energy levels decline to below 20%, movement and all physical abilities will be extremely hampered until energy is raised to above 20%"

Yes, very similar, just more.. Statistical then it would be normally.

Kevak looks away from the device on his arm and glances around the room, not particularly sure what he should be doing.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 06:37:11 pm by Kevak »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

(IDK if an end of act narration is really necessary or if it would say anything not already covered, but if someone wants to do it, go ahead I guess. I'll just start the Tropes page.)

(I realized your point, and then decided to use it as a glimpse of the one that brought us here.)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile

Minefield

"Jesus Christ, where are we?" The marine stopped and stared the moment he passed through the door.

GentlemanRaptor sighs. "I was hoping you could tell me that, soldier. Myself and my friends were dragged to wherever "here" is by some sick fuck and now we're stuck. As you can see, some of them didn't take to it all that well." He points to the whimpering Iton lying on the ground. "Poor fuck stepped on a mine. Hold on a second-where are you from, anyhow?"

The marine thinks for a second, and then answers. "My unit was stationed on the FCS Triton. We had just jumped to Calypso when we got reports of some...thing in the holds. We went down to check it out, and I guess that's when you all showed up. Name's Cooper, by the way."

GentlemanRaptor puts his palm to his head with a resounding smack. "Great. So whoever the bastard is responsible for this place, he can't even be arsed to follow his own damn rules! First it's people from 2014 Earth, and even then they all arrive in ONE place. Now he's ripping segments from FTL-capable ships, while they're in space, mind, and just sticking them in his twisted maze? Jesus, this makes no sense at fucking all! Urgh...look, could you just make sure that my friend over there doesn't die? I'd appreciate it."

Cooper heads over to Iton and begins first aid.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

After sitting around for a bit, Kevak notices an oddly glowing sigla on the ground. He grabs his pickaxe and stands up, stepping closer to get a better look at it, not noticing he is standing on a separate sigla. He notices a faint humming noise and looks around, the humming noise rapidly builds and the world explodes in light. After what seems like hours, the light fades. Blinking the spots from his eyes, he finds himself in an oddly steamy room, machines clank and gears click around him.

"..What the fuck just happened?"

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

HugoLuman jumped at the sudden flash of light "Woah, what the fuck?"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kevak hears someone yell behind him and spins around. Who the crap are you?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

"Is that a pointed unuse of swearing I hear?"

((You reply almost as quickly as I do.. This could be either an issue or the start of a beautiful posting-before-everyone-else-ship.))
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 07:27:31 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Pointed unused?))
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 427