Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 291259 times)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread, LOOK OUT GROUP 1!)
« Reply #5055 on: February 07, 2015, 06:08:06 pm »

((alright just put the room across from the bank then......

also friend request sent so we can talk on steam.))
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #5056 on: February 07, 2015, 08:07:03 pm »

(thanks to the gm for putting this in a MUCH more appealing format)

Endlessblaze steps into the room and the door vanishes behind him, the room is a endless void of black. "Ok...now what...." Ghostly wails and screams are heard through the room, growing in number and coming more frequently as time passes. "Ok...what's up....demons? ghost? sprits?" A glowing figure rushes up past endlessBlaze. "Uh-" Lights of varying colors begin to swarm the room, and ghostly figures fill the room, some as balls of light, others as spectral monsters, all surrounding their prey. Ghost? No, these things were never alive, these are beings of energy in there chosen form, ready to slaughter all that appear...

"Ohhhh boy......that's a lot of-" looking down, endlessBlaze notices that there are spirits further down swarming something as it screams in pain, the spirits wail in glee as it squirms. "alright....lets help whoever that is as well..." endlessBlaze turned in the void and angled himself down, moving towards down towards the spirits prisoner. "Is that...?"

The spirits' prisoner is actually another spirit, bound by spectral chains! endlessBlaze slashes at the spirits but it has no effect. "Aw carp! Ok maybe...." endlessBlaze uses dark slash, with his charged blade endlessBlaze slashes at the spirits around him. The spirits, seeing that their new plaything was actually a threat and heading towards there prisoner begin to attack, striking endlessblaze with spectral energy!

"Arhhggg....." Endlessblaze spins while swinging his blade tearing through the sprits, but the darkness over his sword fizzles out. "Dang it!" endlessBlaze is attacked ferociously by the spectral beings, bolts of energy assault him, flailing tentacles strike at him, claws slash at his body. "wait....what's...." Through the swarm of spirits endlessBlaze notices something laying on the "ground" at the bottom of the void, (the "ground" being made of condensed spectral mist).

"Maybe.....just...maybe I have a chance..." Summoning as much strength as he can, endlessBlaze wills himself down faster, landing on the misty floor of the room, there shining faintly is a crystal of energy, laying in the darkest corner of the void as if the spirits wanted it forgotten. "This....had better work..." endlessBlaze strikes the crystal with his sword, as it shatters he hears his wrist computer beep.

-endlessblazes' short sword has received enchantment, spectral touch, sword can now make contact with spectral energy-

EndlessBlaze gives a weak smile "perfect..." endlessBlaze slashes at the chains binding the other spirit. Freed from its chains, its form expanded into a small dragon, while it was not very large or powerful it had been tormented for so long, and it was angry. The dragon slashed at some of the swarming spirits with its claws, and they were torn to ribbons. These spirits were clearly not very strong and lived off strength in numbers.

He looked at his wrist computer it showed an outline of his body underneath it:
-light bleeding, weakened, drained, exhausted-

EndlessBlaze tapped on the screen trying to select the status effects. When that did not work, he tried his voice. "define....drained"
-drained, this status effect has been induced by spectral beings, you are unable to use active abilities relying on mystic energy-`
"Define....weakened."
-weakened, this status effect has been induced by spectral beings, your strength and physical abilities have been reduced -
"Define....e-exhausted..."
-exhausted, you have over exerted yourself and need to rest, your speed strength and reaction time is reduced-

The bleeding was obvious, claw marks covered his body though he figured they wouldn't take too long to heal, it was a good thing the spirits were currently preoccupied. "Can't...fight...like...this......" EndlessBlaze closed his eyes and his head rolled to the side, his wrist computer beeped.
-faint bleeding, weakened, drained, exhausted, unconscious-

"...errrr?..." A scratching sound is heard. "...Rrrrrr...grwwlllll..." Something rustles.

"ahhhh...uhhhh?"

"RRrrrrrr..."

Opening his eyes to light, endlessBlaze saw a bright blue sky. "waa..." Feeling around, he felt grass. "Where did the sprits.....wait....what's that on my chest?"

"Rrrrrrrrrrrrr..."

Looking at his chest endlessBlaze saw the spectral dragon he had freed, laying there and ....was that a purr? Its spectral form lay there with tendrils of misty energy trailing of if it. He reached up to pet it and surprisingly he could feel it. "Hehehe...selectively tangible...no one is touching you unless you let them..." The dragon seemed even smaller than before, as if it had lost some of its substance in the battle, but it didn't seem to be in pain anymore.

(GM note: unless it's part of your class, the wrist computer won't show companion stats)
Spoiler: status (click to show/hide)

The room seemed to have transformed into a peaceful meadow scene, but still looked confined by the walls. He could see another, unopened door, and his computer informed him that he had gained "1 XP" "Uggg....I think I'm going to leave that door alone right now... if this is an RPG, must be a town around here somewhere..."
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 10:27:40 pm by endlessblaze »
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #5057 on: February 07, 2015, 08:08:44 pm »

(Tell you what, PM it to me and I'll fix it so you can see what I mean. I'll pm you back the fixed version))
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5058 on: February 07, 2015, 09:49:30 pm »

Armach feels the pain fade from his arm. "So when will my arm be back to normal? Also do you have any supplies that we could have?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #5059 on: February 07, 2015, 11:24:56 pm »

"Couple of days, don't worry, that's knock off glitterworld stuff. You'll be able to work so long as you don't take a hit like that again. As for supplies... You're gonna have to buy, your buddies have the right idea with raiding those bodies."

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5060 on: February 08, 2015, 12:03:28 am »

"I'm guessing you don't take US Dollars." Armach looks over at the bodies and then hesitant decides to loot the bodies.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5061 on: February 08, 2015, 12:10:10 am »

"... The fuck is a 'U.S.'?"

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5062 on: February 08, 2015, 12:15:25 am »

Iton gets out his prybar
"Anybody want to pop my shoulder back into place before this begins?"
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5063 on: February 08, 2015, 12:53:03 am »

"So what do you have for sale?"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5064 on: February 08, 2015, 12:54:47 am »

The clerk tilts his head back to the wall with prices on it. Of note, there's pistols for sale at about a hundred each, armored vests for fifty, maces in the thirty range, and medkits for twenty five each.

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5065 on: February 08, 2015, 01:15:21 am »

"Hey Kyle, should we buy something?"
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 01:17:00 am by armach »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5066 on: February 08, 2015, 01:17:12 am »

Kyle looks up from what he's doing. That being stealing the paralyzed tribesman's clothes.
"Uh... Maybe an armored vest? You know, for protection?"

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5067 on: February 08, 2015, 01:27:27 am »

Armach turns to the clerk and slams his (good) arm on the counter. "We'll purchase one of those vests my good sir."
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 01:31:46 am by armach »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5068 on: February 08, 2015, 01:34:29 am »

Armach may think that the clerk looks unamused. Hard to tell with the mask on. He shrugs and grabs a vest from under the counter. During this time Kyle yells like a little sissy baby and Armach hears a thump.

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5069 on: February 08, 2015, 01:38:09 am »

Armach turns around and speaks with low tone. "What did you do this time Kyle."
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 427