Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 290616 times)

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
Re: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread, LOOK OUT GROUP 1!)
« Reply #4485 on: January 04, 2015, 11:31:59 pm »

((Yep.))
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4486 on: January 04, 2015, 11:40:15 pm »

"Did you guys ever find Vriska the spider?"
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4487 on: January 04, 2015, 11:55:07 pm »

Wat?
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4488 on: January 05, 2015, 12:18:40 am »

**Maybe we SHOULD keep the lights on, so we can watch the ceiling grate.**

[[Need. Sleep. Badly.]]
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4489 on: January 05, 2015, 12:19:33 am »

"The spider. There was one at the drumset, but it's gone— and, on that note, I agree."

((Psh. Sleep is for the weak. But, if you do plan on going to sleep, goodnight/morning.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 12:23:23 am by technicallyAdventurer »
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4490 on: January 05, 2015, 12:23:03 am »

(Good night every body, I require sleep as well)
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4491 on: January 05, 2015, 12:42:33 am »

(Damn, one car ride and I miss several posts, then people go to sleep. Well, goodnight, folks. I hate to surprise you in the morning but you may have gotten ahead of yourselves a bit. Since the timeliness roll on the warning was low, I still need to roll to see if you managed to shut out the Giraffe.)

[1 v 20] "Uh... did you guys try to close that door on the Giraffe? He's kind of... propping it open."

Further off, from somewhere within the Arcade it sounds like, comes a sound. "GRE-E-E-ETINGS. REMEMBER TO FOLLOW SAFETY R-RULES AT ALL TIME-IMES!"

Meanwhile, those in front of the building, having not left just yet to go looting, can hear footsteps coming in their direction from within.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4492 on: January 05, 2015, 12:56:27 am »

SB on the Electrical/Maintenance door button:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"STAY AWAY FROM THERE, YOU LONG-LEGGED FUCK!"
Black lives matter.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4493 on: January 05, 2015, 01:15:50 am »

Every time the door switch goes into "closed" position, there is the sound of creaking, straining metal.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4494 on: January 05, 2015, 01:20:25 am »

SB continues to hammer the button.

"Ghost dude! Uh, Crematio! The fuck's happening?"
Black lives matter.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4495 on: January 05, 2015, 01:25:56 am »

"It's standing right under the door, looks like it's using its head like a jack. Dunno why it's not getting knocked to the floor like the other one was."

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4496 on: January 05, 2015, 01:55:20 am »

Dougou

Propman regains consciousness after being strangled by the renegade ropes, his vision slowly returning in doubles as he rubbed his eyes. The room stank of paper dust, torn fibres, and sweat, the ambient noises of cardboard pressing against cardboard seeping into his ears. Clutching his head, the pirate pushed himself up with his left palm, reaching around his general area instinctively for the hat he noticed had fallen off of his head yet again. It was a few moments later, amidst the mangled ropes, totaled box sculpture (he now highly doubted that the cardboard monster they faced was ever actually animated), and various indents and marks that had been pressed onto the floor, the figure of the Dougou master standing a good distance before him, staring down on him through two unseen eyes behind his cardboard mask.

"Your friends spent little time waiting for you. They have not wandered far, however. I take it you are well rested now."

Propman placed his tricorne upon his now rather frazzled head of hair, taking a few moments to adjust his bangs so they did not bead sweat into his face. "I-I hoped that this place woul- would train me so I wasn't such a load to the team." The plunderer had a disheartened look on his face as he lifted up his dropped blade and sheathed it. The master glanced at him, his invisible vision nevertheless piercing into the pupil standing before him. "One does not become a master in a day. I was hoping that you would stay here longer in order to better learn the way of the sword, but I do believe that you shall be returning regardless."

"And I would say that though faltered, it would not appear you haven't gained something of at least, mechanical value." The tusked man pointed at Propman's arm, the gauntlet on it flashing in a series of light blue pings indicating a level-up. "When you are more confident of your skills; return. The man who brought you here and I have been discussing much about you, and there shall be more to discuss later."

"Discussed?" Propman adjusted the belt on his upper waist and made sure the collar on his shirt was straightened out, wishing there was some part of his attire that was clean enough to rub the sweat on his face off to. He checked his bag to see if everything was still intact, noting that it was starting to make his shoulder sore.

"Just as it takes time to forge a warrior, it shall take time before you are ready for the task ultimately at hand. If you truly wish to leave this world, you shall return. Unless of course, you feel the need to stay here, separate from your companions." The strange man handed the pirate a glass (or rather, a small cardboard box with a waterproof inner seal) of water and a ragged, yet seemingly sterile cloth. The privateer bowed in respect, hoping that was the proper response, downed the water (splashing some of it onto the cloth to dampen it beforehand), and wiped off first his face, then the sides his ears, and finally his hands. "Errr, where do I put thi-"

As he turned back to meet the master, the man had already vanished, a small postcard-like note present in his place. Lifting it up, Propman saw a rough map of the Doujou proper, as well as directions to a path he had not before seen. Zanzet and Kyle must have gone that way. Pocketing the cloth in one of the unused compartments of his leather bag (it would be rude to just throw it on the floor), he navigated out of the building as fast as his legs would allow, still somewhat dazed from his earlier waking. As he moved, he shifted through his ability list on the prompt. There was "Cold Resistance I" again, "Swashbuckling II", and "Cool" under the available active abilities. Propman puzzled at the title of the active ability. Cool? Reading through the ability description, it gave him the following words:

>Conjures freezing cold. Expends energy.

Now somewhat interested, the pirate took the moment to think. Choosing Swashbuckling II would increase his strength in close combat exponentially, so he wouldn't have to rely on his gun that was dangerously low on ammunition as often. Yet, if this "Cool" worked the way he thought it would, in that it allowed him to freeze stuff at will, it could end up having an untold amount of practical uses even if it wasn't a reliable offensive ability. He took the moment to breathe in.

>Cool selected. Welcome to level 4. Enjoying your stay?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 05:51:02 am by Propman »
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4497 on: January 05, 2015, 02:01:12 am »

((We'd just been puppeting you, but I'm fine with this minor recon. If we say that post occurred in the past, then we can retroactively say that you caught up with them just as they entered the room to see several shotguns & shells lying on top of a crate, invitingly))

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4498 on: January 05, 2015, 02:25:10 am »

((Yeah, sounds better then the puppeting; haven't entirely caught up yet, reading through all the stuff I missed as fast as I can! Roughly at page 280. How many rounds in the bandoleer, anyway Zan, and what calibre?))

The pirate stands a moment in front of the Dougou's outer gate. He was still wondering whether it would be a good idea to pursue his friends, who seemed eager to get out of this area, or to stick around and train some more, perhaps even spend a few days there. He knew deep inside that in spite of their apparent abandonment, he was still the second most experienced member of the party, and probably at least on par with Zanzetkuken's current figure in strength if not necessarily agility. Ultimately deciding that it would be a bigger liability if he didn't move with the party then if he did, Propman started towards the written path, moving past a score of various boxes as his boots pressed down on the carpeting, leaving footprints in their wake. Rather soon, he noticed two more sets of footprints, presumably Zanzetkuken's and Kyle's. He hurried onward, not wanting to lose his "friends" (or acquaintances whom he shared a commonality with as a more accurate statement). Though a part of him wanted to test out his new ability, such a thing would have to wait as he was already busy conserving energy already; he hadn't eaten a thing since he got here, after all.

A minute of walking later and the mariner came across a downward ramp leading to a large, grungy, spartan set of metallic double-doors, reminiscent of the sort one would expect to see in an abandoned military base, perhaps.

Silvery Corridor

Knowing that this had to be the path the duo took, Propman took a deep breath and pushed them open, walking into his companions readying themselves for combat with shotguns in tow alongside a third face he did not recognize. None of them seemed to notice the pirate as unearthly groans filled the boxy, maze-like corridors along with a putrid scent of decay that made his stomach curdle. Glancing at his immediate surroundings, he noticed a large crate containing a large belts of ammunition and a of shotgun, suggesting what he was to be eminently expecting.

Propman wastes little time loading up his shotgun and bandolier, making sure the gun is loaded before wielding it. He glanced at his pistol momentarily, and back at the chest to see if there was any other types of ammunition, [7] but there was nothing else inside. He was rather unsure how well he'd handle the situation, but hoped that the amount of shells allotted wasn't an indication of how much fighting they were expecting.

Maze

"Heard you needed an extra set of hands!" chatted out Propman in a dissonant chipper tone as he noted the hoard charging in front of them, shambling at a terrifying velocity. The half-smirk on his face slumped into a displeased frown as he moved to the corner of the corridor for cover, readying his weapon and firing multiple potshots at the shamblers before them. Needless to say, he was no longer feeling chipper.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 09:07:43 pm by Propman »
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4499 on: January 05, 2015, 07:34:05 pm »

((Propman, might need an action so Zanz can roll a turn in a bit))

"They can jack open the fucking doors??"
"No, it's just sort of stopping it from closing."
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 427