Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 290326 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

The door leads to a flight of stairs up to a hatch. Opening it, Zanzetkuken and Kyle find it leads out into a meadow, and is covered with grass and soil when closed such that only those who know of its existence would be able to locate it, and then with some difficulty (and even then possibly not open it). They seem to have emerged within 100 yards of the town walls, judging by the noise and smoke nearby.

(Eh, I was going to have there be an few rooms to head through first, but okay.)
((Not too late to retcon, since there's only been one reply to it. Want to?))
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile

Iton nods to quasar
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Really, really, really sorry. You hurt? Should I re-summon you or something?
I dunno... Doesn't hurt if I don't move it.

"Open that door, will ya? Before STUPID here tries again. Don't worry, didn't get any other reading from it."

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile

Iton attempts to open the door
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

The door leads to a flight of stairs up to a hatch. Opening it, Zanzetkuken and Kyle find it leads out into a meadow, and is covered with grass and soil when closed such that only those who know of its existence would be able to locate it, and then with some difficulty (and even then possibly not open it). They seem to have emerged within 100 yards of the town walls, judging by the noise and smoke nearby.

(Eh, I was going to have there be an few rooms to head through first, but okay.)

(If Kyle wants to get his new class right now.   I can deal with travel time, but might as well get that out of the way.)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Like the other chambers so far, the space beyond is pitch black, but the small circle of light thrown by the wisp shows some beyond the doorway. Immediately inside is an aluminum wall running perpendicular to the door, the edges padded with red foam, about 8ft high but not reaching the ceiling. It was the kind of obstacle that one might expect a lasertag arena to contain.

(If Kyle wants to get his new class right now.   I can deal with travel time, but might as well get that out of the way.)
((Well, there can be encounters in the OW. But I'll ask. Also, now that we have it, Steam might be better for short messages.))

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kyle heads out the door seeing as he's ready.
The blacksmith stops at the door. "I'll wait it out down here. Be careful out there!"

(Retconned! Choose what's beyond the door.)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

The door slams open revealing a corridor made of a dark silver colored metal, heading off to the left and right equidistantly.  Both turn towards the same direction (right turning to the left, and the left turning to the right.  Turn of direction given by which side it would be on when you head down the corridor).  Upon a crate on the other side are four shotguns with about thirty shells each near them.

"I get the feeling that this does not bode all too well for us..."
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

((Is that a Zombie Master map?))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Kyle looks around erratically.
"Okay, so, there's going to be traps, maybe enemies. No big deal, I've played Half Life 2 before."

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

((Is that a Zombie Master map?))

(Concoction of Half-Life, Serious Sam 3, and a splash of Left 4 Dead.)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Kyle starts walking towards the shotgun crate. He's still looking around erratically.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Funny, I never opened the door before. I thought it led up. Well, good luck."

Arcade

"Can we get some more substantial light in here?" Quasar starts climbing up Iton's leg. "I think I'll hang out with you for a bit. You haven't fallen over on me."

As his eyes adjusted to the wisp's light again, HugoLuman could see, faintly, more rectangular shapes further ahead, presumably more walls. It was hard to be sure with only seeing this little, but it seemed to be a maze, like indoor laser arenas usually were.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

(14) Behind the crates, Kyle noticed a four bandoleers apparently designed to hold the spare shells in clips for the shotguns.  The Shotguns themselves are (10) already loaded with (16) full clips.

(Hugo, would you be able to temporarily control the Blacksmith and Propman for this?  I'm going to be rolling a 1d6 per person for the number of enemies we are going to encounter in one section.  And not roll a 1-3, encounter no enemies, 4-6 encounter 2, etc, but instead, roll a 5, 5 enemies, 18, 18 enemies, each encounter after the first getting +1d2 to the total per person.  Countering this, both ammo (this will also be the only place we will need to load the clips for the most part) and medical kits that heal wounds quickly are plentiful, though we're likely not to exit with more than a couple.

Due to the sheer disparity of difficulty in encounters, I'm thinking of making an exception to the 1 XP per encounter, having it be .1 XP per kill.  This is only due to it being a hoard mode area, having the potential to run into enemies anywhere, including parts (not using rooms as the only doors are the ones to exit) you just bypassed and everything getting progressively more ridiculous the longer you stay in there.  Should note enemy strength does rescale depending on who entered based on the levels of who entered.)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 06:00:40 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Well, the blacksmith is staying behind. I'm not sure how Propman would feel about going through there, but I guess I could.)
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 427